Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2023 8:57:15 AM EDT
I have been looking for a Henry Gold Boy, to go with my Sliver Evil Roy, and the prices are nuts, like $7-850 for one.

I saw the Rossi has a "Gold" Rio Bravo, but there is no real info on it anywhere. None of my LGS have one either and haven't seen one at the gun shows.

It is going for around $375 at Gallery of Guns.

How well made are these .22's? How does it compare to a Henry?

Does anyone have the Sliver or Gold? What is the finish like?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the finish, as mine is blued.  

It's an absolute hoot to shoot!  I probably pull my Rio Bravo out more than any other firearm I own.  I bought one last year and it probably has a few thousand rounds through it already.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

How well made are these .22's? How does it compare to a Henry?
View Quote

The Henry's have much better furniture and are machined better. The bluing on every Rossi that I have bought is awesome, they really do a great job bluing their guns...I'm talking R92s, I'm just assuming they do just as good bluing on their 22s.

The bluing on the 4 blued Rossi's that I have had is second to none, just beautiful.

The problems with Rossi is their warranty. It's nowhere near as good as Henry.

My last Henry was junk and I've read a lot of bad things recently. IMO, they have bit off more then they can chew.

I'd take a look at the Winchester 94/22. They cost a lot but they're beautiful guns and go up in value everyday. Another one would be the Marlin 39..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top