Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2019 5:08:13 PM EDT
I want to get the trigger down to a manageable 5 lbs
There is a video pops up first on the net of a guy combining another part with the 20/20 pack and I guess no one makes it anymore?  Trigger Lite?
I had a Trigger Tamer and it started doubling on my older Sabre AUG
I want real world trigger pull results
I really don’t have an issue with the reset or the break distance that the 20/20 is supposed to “fix”
I honestly want to bring down the pull safely and it seems after 40 years someone would have a fix for this
I just bought a new Green A3 with extended rail and put a Trijicon MRO all the way back and I love the setup and I’ve loved AUG’s for years but damn I think the new one is over 10lbs
My finger literally is worn out after trying to shoot groups and slowly pulling, it stacks and feels like I’m pulling on a brick
I am spoiled I admit it I have 5 AR’s with 3.5-4.5 triggers
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
That is me and I have thousands of rounds over several AUGs with that set up with no issues. Just don’t go below 5lbs and you should be fine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is me and I have thousands of rounds over several AUGs with that set up with no issues. Just don’t go below 5lbs and you should be fine.
View Quote
Perhaps I'm the one confused, but I think OP is asking about the 2020 HTM (AR-15 trigger/hammer/sear mechanism in an AUG-shaped hammer pack assembly) and the Neu-Trigger (metal cover for part of the AUG design hammer pack).  I'm pretty sure this is a mechanically impossible combination.

I think @FullAssault is talking about the 2020 *sear* and the Neu-Trigger together...
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Do not wrap a Neu-Trigger(polished sheet metal) onto a 2020 TSM(trigger sear).  The combination would create excessive sear engagement.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 3:51:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Perhaps I'm the one confused, but I think OP is asking about the 2020 HTM (AR-15 trigger/hammer/sear mechanism in an AUG-shaped hammer pack assembly) and the Neu-Trigger (metal cover for part of the AUG design hammer pack).  I'm pretty sure this is a mechanically impossible combination.

I think @FullAssault is talking about the 2020 *sear* and the Neu-Trigger together...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assume he was referring to my video about using the 20/20 sear & trigger lite to get a 5lbs pull. The trigger lite is similar to the trigger tamer except it’s made from aluminum rather than polymer. The neu trigger is a completely different animal.

Link Posted: 6/7/2019 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I assume he was referring to my video about using the 20/20 sear & trigger lite to get a 5lbs pull. The trigger lite is similar to the trigger tamer except it’s made from aluminum rather than polymer. The neu trigger is a completely different animal.

https://i.imgur.com/kXJwsrjh.jpg
View Quote
Ahh, yeah, I suspect you're right about the reference - the "20/20 pack" threw me, since there WAS such an animal (HTM).
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
So how do I get a trigger lite?
I installed the 20/20 part today and it is a good addition for getting rid of stacking and has a good reset but doesn’t lower the pull to what I really want around 5 lbs
Thanks for all the answers !!
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#8]
What's the pull weight of the standard AUG trigger pack?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#9]
About 10 lbs
My older Sabre Defense one was a bit lighter the new model feels even heavier
I need to go to a smith and check it now after the 20/20 part
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I installed the 20/20 part today and it is a good addition for getting rid of stacking and has a good reset but doesn’t lower the pull to what I really want around 5 lbs
View Quote
You can’t anymore, you can get the trigger tamer which is about the same.

Trigger tamer
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I had one and it started doubling on my last rifle after some rounds say 2k
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#12]
The trigger lite came with 4 settings. I used setting 3 to get 5lbs. Is worked for about 10 years without issue.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 1:06:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Trigger tamer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trigger tamer
So you're saying the trigger tamer plus 2020 precision sear should also get you to around 5lbs?
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 1:33:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So you're saying the trigger tamer plus 2020 precision sear should also get you to around 5lbs?
View Quote
It should get you close
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 6:57:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It should get you close
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should get you close
I’d like to see some measurements to support that statement. Given that in the thread I linked above my tamer alone measured almost 10lbs I’d be VERY surprised (but pleased) to find it 4lbs lighter with the 2020 sear.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Do not wrap a Neu-Trigger(polished sheet metal) onto a 2020 TSM(trigger sear).  The combination would create excessive sear engagement.
View Quote
When combining these two parts you will also have reset issues. You can always get all of these parts like I did and find out which one you prefer. I kept the Neu-Trigger as I liked the smooth pull even though it never breaks it just rolls off. Really really smooth roll off.

The trigger lite piece that adjusts spring tension may work for a strictly range toy but I found it unreliable depending on the ammunition fed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 3:28:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I’d like to see some measurements to support that statement. Given that in the thread I linked above my tamer alone measured almost 10lbs I’d be VERY surprised (but pleased) to find it 4lbs lighter with the 2020 sear.
View Quote
My 5lbs AUG trigger video
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 3:39:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

When combining these two parts you will also have reset issues. You can always get all of these parts like I did and find out which one you prefer. I kept the Neu-Trigger as I liked the smooth pull even though it never breaks it just rolls off. Really really smooth roll off.

The trigger lite piece that adjusts spring tension may work for a strictly range toy but I found it unreliable depending on the ammunition fed.
View Quote
My trigger lite has had thousands of rounds through it on several AUGs, 4 or 5 carbine courses and 3 gun with no issues.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My trigger lite has had thousands of rounds through it on several AUGs, 4 or 5 carbine courses and 3 gun with no issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know this is a couple month old thread, but I have a buddy with an aftermarket trigger in his AK that has a really sweet smooth rolling break. I really like it. If I wanted to get a rolling break like that, would the Nue Trigger plus a K&M Lightning get me there?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Years ago 20/20 Precision made a Hammer Pack for the MSAR and I believe they made one for the AUG that used AR15 hammer, sear, and springs inside an OEM shell.  I have one and my MSAR E4 now has a 2.5 pound trigger pull with a 1/32” reset.  Sweetest Bullpup Trigger I have ever encountered.

I would scour the gun boards for a used pack.  When they were first made they sold for $120 and promptly sold out.  They charged $240 for their second Manufacturing run and then stopped making them.  My only regret is I didn’t buy two, so I don’t have to switch packs between my two MSAR’s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top