Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2018 11:12:57 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File
After 2 weekends at the range with my rifle I noticed today a missing rail screw, boy after checking the others they they werent far behind at all! I am shocked no signs of of thread locker, so while putting them back in I put some red Loctite on them.

So my question is after using my google-fu I wasn't really able to turn up the part number and where I can order just a sight with no pics or void of thorough explanation, should I just call BM on Monday?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Say what?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/37149/2B4EE7E9-B5C4-415E-90BF-1BD92818B374-535230.JPGAfter 2 weekends at the range with my rifle I noticed today a missing rail screw, boy after checking the others they they werent far behind at all! I am shocked no signs of of thread locker, so while putting them back in I put some red Loctite on them.

So my question is after using my google-fu I wasn't really able to turn up the part number and where I can order just a sight with no pics or void of thorough explanation, should I just call BM on Monday?
View Quote
I would definitely call the maker to get the screw or the identity of it it if it can be sourced at your local Fastenal.

I would loctite and get a couple spares.  It seems there is a bit of slop going on.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I would pull one of the remaining screws, make sure it fits the the missing spot and source one locally. And buy a few spares too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember this being a thing when I first got my ACR around 2011. Everyone recommended loctiting all of those screws before using the rifle. Didn't realize this was still an issue.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
As you can see they are like fly shit, pretty sure they had them made to fit the need. They are 8x32's so I purchased two longer ones and cut them down to length, just going to touch up the cut ends with a little cold blue and i should be GTG.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Possibly the most pathetic fasteners I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Possibly the most pathetic fasteners I have ever seen.
View Quote
That's pretty bad. Wow.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#9]
8/32 can be cut on wirestrippers.
the first few threads do 90% OF THE WORK IN a nut / bolt fastening system
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
8/32 can be cut on wirestrippers.
the first few threads do 90% OF THE WORK IN a nut / bolt fastening system
View Quote
The good news is there is not much WORK TO DO in that application.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I’ve stripped out Allen keys before I’ve stripped out the threads on either side of these.  Generally I end up drilling them out if I’m replacing my internal rails since I use lots of blue locktite on them when I reinstall them
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've stripped out Allen keys before I've stripped out the threads on either side of these.  Generally I end up drilling them out if I'm replacing my internal rails since I use lots of blue locktite on them when I reinstall them
View Quote
I was worried about that and was very cautious with tighneting them. If you strip the rails all you can do is drill them and bump up to a 10-32 or repalce the rails.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#13]
My ACR had a screw loose too.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Same screw came out on mine.

Called Bushmaster back in the summer. They shipped several replacements at no charge. Took about 5 mins to resolve the issue.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 5:46:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Called Bushmaster back in the summer. They shipped several replacements at no charge. Took about 5 mins to resolve the issue.
View Quote
Awe, you're no fun. We want to bitch on the internet!
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top