Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 12:38:45 AM EDT
I more or less impulse bought this set of PVS-14’s bundled with a Steiner IR laser. It seemed like a good deal and I’ve been itching for NV for some time now, and finally made the decision to go for it since who knows what legislation could come down in the coming administration. Anyway, I just dug up a thread from November referencing NightVisionGuys and a similar model like the ones I bought, and I’m a little spooked now. I did some research and the specs themselves sounded fine for anything I’d ever use them for. Now I’m concerned I bought an expensive set of crap...
That being said, if I should and/or am able to return/cancel them, I think I’ll go with what I originally wanted to get when I started my search these from JRHE. I liked the idea of WP more than green phosphor, but the bundle with the IR laser edged them out.
I’m just wondering what those who actually know what they’re looking at think? A fool and his money and all that... Like I said, I’m kinda retarded
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:33:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They (NVG) don't list any detailed information about the tube such as the minimum specifications, what the spot allowances are, etc. so you'll only know what it is when you get it (if they provide the Elbit spec sheet).

If you cancel the order, also consider the Night Goggles (NGI) PVS-14 XLS. The tube is an Elbit XLSH gen 3 white phosphor with autogating. The NGI XLS devices have a 10 year tube warranty, lifetime system warranty, and a 14 day return policy if you're not happy with them with no restocking fee.    

Make sure to watch vSHOTT presented by TNVC. There will be some news regarding the Night Goggles gen 3 XLS white phosphor line of devices. Today was day 1 and you can replay the live stream on our website. vSHOTT is all week long

It's free to watch but I recommend that you register in order to receive exclusive discounts, daily specials, and to be eligible for giveaways including a PVS-14. You can find it on our website and the links are also in our TNVC Industry Forum section.

Feel free to send me a PM, email, or call (tomorrow that is) if you need help finding it.
View Quote

When do you think you'll have more available to order? I've been looking to upgrade from my Omni 5.

Edit: Or maybe I should remember what I read and "Make sure to watch vSHOTT presented by TNVC"

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
NightVisionGuys listing states: "Gen 3 Auto-Gated Manual Gain Elbit Systems (Green Phosphor)". I am more concerned about the quality of the lenses and housing, but I'm not seeing much info out there on this particular unit. The thread from November that got me thinking stated the subpar units at NVG were AGM brand, but these are listed separately from AGM under NVG brand. The product listing has pictures of the unit, but there does not seem to be any manufacturer's stickers or anything visible. Am I getting spooked over nothing?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Well here’s the thing about your first jump into NV. You won’t know! My NVM-2AA was the coolest, most badass thing I ever played with. I was in awe how how good NV actually was, how good mine was. I didn’t know any better until I got to take a peek through a filmless WP tube. Only then did I realize I wasn’t happy with mine! Haha.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#6]
So I sent NVG an email last night and got a reply this morning. Per their email: The tube comes with a data sheet from Elbit, and the systems (as they word it) are Israeli.
This eases my concern a lot. Compared to other businesses offering with similar specs and price points, I’d assume the lenses are Carson manufactured? Of course this is just speculation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I sent NVG an email last night and got a reply this morning. Per their email: The tube comes with a data sheet from Elbit, and the systems (as they word it) are Israeli.
This eases my concern a lot. Compared to other businesses offering with similar specs and price points, I’d assume the lenses are Carson manufactured? Of course this is just speculation.
View Quote

Nvm. I’m retarded. Reading is fundamental lol.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I actually just picked up the same package... doesn't ship till Feb 1 is my understanding. I picked up the breach awhile back from nvg. IMO, they're gtg. Any correspondence I had with them was answered immediately.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I actually just picked up the same package... doesn't ship till Feb 1 is my understanding. I picked up the breach awhile back from nvg. IMO, they're gtg. Any correspondence I had with them was answered immediately.
View Quote

Shameless bump to see if anyone else has received their PVS-14s from NightVisionGuys or heard anything? I emailed them earlier this month and the CS rep told me it was looking like an end of February ship date. They also said they've sent mass marketing emails detailing ship dates, but I never got one. Guess I'm not cool enough.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:16:27 AM EDT
[#10]
the systems (as they word it) are Israeli.
This eases my concern a lot... I’d assume the lenses are Carson manufactured?
View Quote

This is where it gets murky.

Optronics Engineering Israel. Regarded as low quality, possible source of shitty AGM-Apache lens.

Qioptiq / Excelitas Singapore. High quality, possibly the source of Carson lens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top