Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 7:43:04 PM EDT
Had a spare YHM 5C2 that i had on a .300blk build at one point and decided to put it on my PTR-32

Here are the results.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Unconventional but I like it.

How does it shoot?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unconventional but I like it.

How does it shoot?
View Quote

Rifle itself soots amazing. I wont get to shoot it with the 5C2 till friday.

If I dont like it, its an easy fix to put the original on. I did it because I shoot prone alot and it has a closed bottom
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Was hoping to see a resonator on it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Was hoping to see a resonator on it.
View Quote

I am thinking about getting one.

For some reason, I really like YHM stuff
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to run a YHM Phantom on my Century G3 and it worked great, looked good, and allowed me to mount the G3 bayonet.

Long story - The Century came neutered, so I threaded it. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough material (or even a shoulder) to go with the 15x1 original thread size, so I cut the end at 1/2x28 and opened up the YHM for a .30 bullet. It was like that for years before I went with an HKParts.net HK flash hider in 1/2x28, but I found the bayonet would hang off the end of the barrel. It looked great, but the fact the bayonet couldn't attach kept bugging me, so the YHM went back on. Keep in mind the HK and Phantom are roughly the same size, but the problem is the HK threads are recessed about 1/2", where as the Phantom (and most AR-type FHs) are threaded from the very end. You can actually see how much further back the HK sits in the pics below. Recently, I found a 1/2x28 to 15x1 adapter so I put that on and bought an original 15x1 HK flash hider. The extra half inch for the adapter is long enough to hold the bayonet back on. So, typical of my luck, I now have a YHM Phantom in 1/2x28 for .30 and an HK flash hider in 1/2x28 sitting in my extra parts bin.

G3 with YHM

G3 with HK FH in 1/2x28

I don't have a picture of the latest setup with the adapter. Soon though, soon.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I used to run a YHM Phantom on my Century G3 and it worked great, looked good, and allowed me to mount the G3 bayonet.

Long story - The Century came neutered, so I threaded it. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough material (or even a shoulder) to go with the 15x1 original thread size, so I cut the end at 1/2x28 and opened up the YHM for a .30 bullet. It was like that for years before I went with an HKParts.net HK flash hider in 1/2x28, but I found the bayonet would hang off the end of the barrel. It looked great, but the fact the bayonet couldn't attach kept bugging me, so the YHM went back on. Keep in mind the HK and Phantom are roughly the same size, but the problem is the HK threads are recessed about 1/2", where as the Phantom (and most AR-type FHs) are threaded from the very end. You can actually see how much further back the HK sits in the pics below. Recently, I found a 1/2x28 to 15x1 adapter so I put that on and bought an original 15x1 HK flash hider. The extra half inch for the adapter is long enough to hold the bayonet back on. So, typical of my luck, I now have a YHM Phantom in 1/2x28 for .30 and an HK flash hider in 1/2x28 sitting in my extra parts bin.

G3 with YHM
https://i.imgur.com/cpDpe0Q.jpg

G3 with HK FH in 1/2x28
https://i.imgur.com/lu5Hxdr.jpg?1

I don't have a picture of the latest setup with the adapter. Soon though, soon.
View Quote

@CarlosC

Very Nice.. My PTR-32 came threaded 5/8x24 so any .308 AR FH should work on it, makes it a lot easier to find muzzle devices lol just gotta use a crush washer.

My PTR-91 is 5/8x24 as well
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am thinking about getting one.

For some reason, I really like YHM stuff
View Quote

I do have an R1 Resonator for my 700 .308.

My ptr91 sbr is way to short for my resonator though at 8.5".

Dead Air and Rugged said their cans "should" hold up.

We'll see, lol, think I'll suppress the sbr last, need a 45 can for my ghm45 and then buy a can for the sbr.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top