Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2022 12:17:12 AM EDT
I feel like the little pretzels with the peanut butter in them and the bigger cheese puff containers were simply meant to hold bullets and brass after consumption..

They work too perfectly

That is all
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Coffee cans/tubs here.  Plus the 1 gallon screw top jugs that you may be able to get from some BBQ places etc. if you order a gallon of beans to go.

The small tupperwares are good for home made lube mixes, holding pre-lubed patches/wads, etc. for my muzzle loader.   Also use one as a catch tray for powder overflows when I'm measuring out BP for the front stuffers.    I've got a 45acp moon clip with shells in it, and then 38 special shells jb-welded into them.  Put the whole thing in container, pour powder over top to fill the 38s spillage stays in tupperware and goes back to powder jug.  Can load all 6 cylinders on my 1858 in a few moments.

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Hillshire Farms luncheon meat plastic tubs are useful for holding brass/projectiles when reloading single stage. Or for storing same.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hillshire Farms luncheon meat plastic tubs are useful for holding brass/projectiles when reloading single stage. Or for storing same.
View Quote

Love those containers, have a garage closet full of them
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the plastic Tupperware type containers that deli meat comes in.  A coworker used a lot of it and I get the containers when they’re done
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Walmart brand turkey tubs comfortably hold 200 rounds of 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This. Walmart brand turkey tubs comfortably hold 200 rounds of 9mm.
View Quote

200 of 9x19 is what budget for a range session. I have been saving the meet containers.  I got a few big pretzel containers.  
But, I store brass in Home Depot 5 Gal or 2.5 Gal orange pails.  
I envy the guys with those big blue barrels that look like 55gal drums full of brass!
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

200 of 9x19 is what budget for a range session. I have been saving the meet containers.  I got a few big pretzel containers.  
But, I store brass in Home Depot 5 Gal or 2.5 Gal orange pails.  
I envy the guys with those big blue barrels that look like 55gal drums full of brass!
View Quote

I just finished filling a 5 Gal pail and was thinking about picking up a blue barrel to fill next. Then I realized how much processing that would be...Now considering picking up another 5 Gal pail instead.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

These mixed nuts from Walmart are really good and the container holds around 400 9mm and fits nicely in a 50 caliber ammo can.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I still use several baby formula cans from raising my kids.  Both the regular and the all-plastic ones with the hinged lids.  They've served me well for years.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Coffee cans/tubs here.  Plus the 1 gallon screw top jugs that you may be able to get from some BBQ places etc. if you order a gallon of beans to go.

The small tupperwares are good for home made lube mixes, holding pre-lubed patches/wads, etc. for my muzzle loader.   Also use one as a catch tray for powder overflows when I'm measuring out BP for the front stuffers.    I've got a 45acp moon clip with shells in it, and then 38 special shells jb-welded into them.  Put the whole thing in container, pour powder over top to fill the 38s spillage stays in tupperware and goes back to powder jug.  Can load all 6 cylinders on my 1858 in a few moments.

View Quote

That's an awesome idea!
Now I have a project today to go with the cylinder stand.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Just an fyi on using snack containers.  They will deteriorate if left in an area with temperature swings.  

My dad recently passed and had several of them in the garage full of LC brass.  They fell apart when they were picked up dumping brass everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I use those and I put 1,000 rounds of 5.56 in the large pretzel containers

I separate 5.56 brass in gallon bags and those go in 5 gallon buckets
Small amounts of sorted brass go in Hershey Cocoa containers 1 LB, 2LB  and 23 oz size which make great sorting bins

As mentioned storing any of those in the garage (or a shed) quickly ruins them so mine stay in the AC
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/451123/image_jpg-2529163.JPG

These mixed nuts from Walmart are really good and the container holds around 400 9mm and fits nicely in a 50 caliber ammo can.
View Quote

I use the same containers from WallyWorld, only I buy the Dry Roasted Peanuts.

I started out using Folgers Coffee containers until I accidentally knocked one off the dining room table and the lid came off.

600 9mm cases rolling on a hardwood floor is not a good thing.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:23:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The small Tupperwares are good for homemade lube mixes, holding pre-lubed patches/wads, etc. for my muzzleloader.  Also use one as a catch tray for powder overflows when I'm measuring out BP for the front stuffers.  I've got a .45 ACP moon clip with shells in it, and then .38 Special shells JB-welded into them.  Put the whole thing in container, pour powder over top to fill the .38s, spillage stays in Tupperware and goes back to powder jug.  Can load all 6 cylinders on my 1858 in a few moments.
View Quote

.38 Special case = ~24 grains of Black Powder
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#18]
All I see is Tannerite city.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I like to use the large alchohol bottles for used primers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like to use the large alchohol bottles for used primers.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/109231/20220403_145434-2336616.jpg
View Quote

Why do you save used primers?

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Scrap brass is worth about $1.65 per pound this week.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Why do you save used primers?

View Quote

Same reason I save my used/damaged/worn out brass/junk brass.
They are made of brass too and recycle the same as a cartridge case.
I save all my 22lr brass too.
Brass adds up to money at the recycle center.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top