Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2020 12:51:22 AM EDT
Just got a gun I have wanted for a while, a 22TCM tactical.

It shoots good and at 2850fps that TCM is FEROCIOUS!

I would like to improve the trigger and the smoothness of the action, though.  I get its not a GAP, but it has so much room for improvement...  So, is this a DIY project and if so, might anyone have any pointers?  Or does anyone know if there an actual gunsmith that might be willing to work on this?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Special Interest Arms used to do 9mm conversions for those. Dunno if they are still around.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Search YouTube. There is a video on improving the trigger pull using a spring from a retractable ball point pen
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:55:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy crap I didn't realize these were a thing! I thought they discontinued the 22 TCM bolt actions, and was a bit disappointed as I always wanted to mess with one.

Is there still only one source of factory ammo?
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the non -tactical ones from a few years ago.

I floated the barrel, bedded the action, sent it in to deal with the light primer strikes, reloaded my own ammo for consistency, lightened up the trigger and polished all the seats.

The rifle is still not very good. It may shoot a sub moa group once in a while. Then, the next group will be 2.5 moa.

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one of the non -tactical ones from a few years ago.

I floated the barrel, bedded the action, sent it in to deal with the light primer strikes, reloaded my own ammo for consistency, lightened up the trigger and polished all the seats.

The rifle is still not very good. It may shoot a sub moa group once in a while. Then, the next group will be 2.5 moa.

View Quote

Mine seems to like the brass cased ammo better than the nickle, and 9r is absolute shit out of it.  I wish I could find some plain 40 gr round nose Jacketed bullets, I might have to start reloading for this.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine seems to like the brass cased ammo better than the nickle, and 9r is absolute shit out of it.  I wish I could find some plain 40 gr round nose Jacketed bullets, I might have to start reloading for this.
View Quote

The 40gr armscor bullets aren't great for accuracy.

The best bullet I have tried so far has been the 40 gr vmax. You have to single feed them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top