Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2019 8:45:06 PM EDT

A buddy of mine sent me these and wanted to know what it’s worth. From my limited knowledge a looking in the internet I gathered it must be a lend lease to Australia and was rebuilt in 55. Anymore info would be appreciated. What would y’all pay for something like this?
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
$250-$350
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Very important
You need to look at the barrel and see what it's chambered in. It could be '38 Smith and Wesson' or '38 Special'.
If it says '38 Smith and Wesson', you need to see if a 38 Special will load in the cylinder. If it does, the gun is junk. There were loads of them after the war and people would run a 38 Special reamer in them to shoot the more common 38 Special. The rear of the chamber is larger on the 38 S&W and 38 cases will split to no end.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very important
You need to look at the barrel and see what it's chambered in. It could be '38 Smith and Wesson' or '38 Special'.
If it says '38 Smith and Wesson', you need to see if a 38 Special will load in the cylinder. If it does, the gun is junk. There were loads of them after the war and people would run a 38 Special reamer in them to shoot the more common 38 Special. The rear of the chamber is larger on the 38 S&W and 38 cases will split to no end.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It's an early .38/200 without a V prefix serial number. Pictures are potato. Barrel should be marked 38 S&W Ctg (see previous warnings). Numbers matching?
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I had an Oswald special,  lend lease 38sw cut down to 2" and now 38special

That thing was so loose it wasnt even funny...if I recall it shaved some lead when fired.
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Drackster is probably right, it's chambered in 38 S&W

The chambers need to be checked to make sure it hasn't been reamed to 38 Special
It'll be a parts gun if so
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top