Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2020 10:18:49 AM EDT
I know Special Weapons made one called the SW760 and, supposedly, unlike most of their stuff, it's decent?

Anybody know the going rate for one these days?

I've seen one for $1400, but that seems steep for anything from Special Weapons...

I've wanted an M76 clone for awhile now, just looking to see what's out there and what's good.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Run away, got one years ago from SOG for $700, garbage. Sold it don't remember when, took Suomi mags (modified) just cheap, cheap, junk.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I once owned an MK760. What a jam-o-matic. Almost as bad as the two Wiselite Sterlings that I couldn't dump fast enough.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Historically open bolt sub guns converted to closed bolt semi auto rarely work well
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I figured as much. $1400 seemed way too high for what it was and who made it.

Can you guy elaborate on the problems thought? Bad feed angle or something?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought a SW760 pistol off Gunbroker 4 years ago for $550.

Only fired it once and it would FTF about every other shot.

Too much slop in the magwell.

Once I get my shop built, that will be my first project - tweaking Suomi mags to see if I can get it running.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I made it easy on myself and purchased a legit S&W M76 SMG
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I made it easy on myself and purchased a legit S&W M76 SMG
View Quote
I should have bought one years ago. They've gone up quite a bit it seems.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:41:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Historically open bolt sub guns converted to closed bolt semi auto rarely work well
View Quote
It's more that it takes work to get them working well, and mass-produced commercial jobs can't afford that.

Shitty triggers on striker conversions are what's generally unavoidable.

I really need to build my Swedish K kit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a Class 3 MK Arms MK760 SMG back around 1999.  It was my first foray into the Class 3 world.  I paid $1500 IIRC.

It was NOT an overly reliable firearm. I sold it in 2001 along with all of my other Class 3 items.  The juice wasn't worth the squeeze for me.  I'm completely satisfied with Title 1 semi-autos.

Based upon my experience with a "real" MK760 and several Special Weapons (SW3 and 94) I say .... run away screaming and then hide for a while (lest the POS find you).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top