Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2021 8:31:02 PM EDT
Hi guys!

I have a set of L210s on the way and I am looking for a good carrier for them, preferably below about $200.

I think I want a minimalist type of carrier and I see that the Ferro Concepts Slickster is out of stock. I was wondering what you guys might recommend?

I know some people will say the Trex Arms AC1 plate carrier but I am not too fond of the way it is cut. Is there an alternative closer to the Slickster?

On a slightly different topic, how comfortable are the shoulder straps on the Slickster? They look thin so it makes me wonder.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Velocity Systems LEPC that I got for 155 during Black Friday , normally around 179 or so. Its a bit more padded than an Slickster and I really like it, although I just got an esstac Daeodon ass that I am comparing it to right now.

I believe raf just got a sample from wtfix on their plate carrier 06 that he liked https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Gear-Review-Whiskey-Two-Four-Plate-Carrier-06/10-518915/
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Id second the Velocity LEPC... Just got one and love it. If you're trying to avoid wait times... I got mine from a vendor on ebay...

Here you go:

Clicky Linky
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you mean by the way the Trex AC1 is cut?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the plate carrier 6 and it is pretty minimalist. There is a review further down in this section.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
First Spear STT is quite slick. A bit more structure than a Slickster, particularly in regard to the cummerbund, but the same ballpark. It can be run 100% slick with nothing sticking out if that's what you want.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Great timing on this question. I'm in the same spot and generally have the slickster and AC1 as my first two choices.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the plate carrier 6 and it is pretty minimalist. There is a review further down in this section.
View Quote

I have one of these as well. Very very happy with it.

I have a mayflower quad placard on it now, but have a beez triple mag placard and 3 cell cummerbund on the way. Mini dangler for med.

Well under $200 and US made.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have a mayflower quad placard on it now, but have a beez triple mag placard and 3 cell cummerbund on the way. Mini dangler for med.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the 125 bucks on the Coyote and black is pretty crazy, and 150 for most other normal patterns, that and the amount of sizes is cool as well. If I didn't already have my esstac and LEPC I would consider it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I am sure you guys know that these plates are 10x12

What size carrier would I need for these? I am assuming medium?

Looking hard at the NEW Velocity Systems Mayflower LEPC.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a Tactical Tailor Rogue carrier.  Pretty slick & comes with padding on the inside already like you have to add to some other carriers.  I did just order a Ferro cummerbund though from Legit Kit on ebay to replace the factory one bc I wanted better retention of stuff in the cummerbund pockets.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am sure you guys know that these plates are 10x12

What size carrier would I need for these? I am assuming medium?

Looking hard at the NEW Velocity Systems Mayflower LEPC.
View Quote

I believe medium would be correct, at least that is what I had for my 10x12s, the LEPC does have a quite generous cut at the bottom probably to fit something longer like a sapi plate.

https://doubletapsurplus.com/pages/size-chart-velocity-systems-apc
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I fo'ed on the wtf pc. Hard to beat that price for coyote. We'll see how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Im on the list for a Trex Arms AC1. The video shows it can be ran clean or various shingles can be attached.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#15]
LBT 6094 Slick is pretty nice, and available. Comfortable. 20%off if you're a vet or .mil gets it very near to $200.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top