Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2017 6:11:24 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting my Form 1 baffles replaced by Sirearms. I was just curious if anybody has gone this route and what their opinions are, or if there is another option for replacing the baffles? This is for a 7.62 direct thread titanium suppressor that sits on a bolt gun. I have been unhappy with the suppression level of this can. It's my first and only Form 1 suppressor, but I have several other factory suppressors to compare it to. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Rusty's recore service is what you are seeking. Lots of really good reviews of his work. read the thread here
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 1:59:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rusty's recore service is what you are seeking. Lots of really good reviews of his work. read the thread here
View Quote
Link won't work, says I don't have permission to view the page and can't find anything in a Google search.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a link to the form one suppressor forum. You might have to register as a member to view the site. Google "forum one suppressor forums" and you should find it. Once you are registered you can go to the vendor services page and you can find Rusty's thread.

I just got a can back from him. Relatively fast service, great communication and an awesome end product. He has been building and testing different suppressors and baffle types, spacing, clips, ect. He will build you a baffle stack that will sound awesome and have little to no point of impact shift.

I have followed his spacing and clipping suggestions for my personal builds and test back to back with other configurations and his way was much quieter.

James
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Sirearms on a 9mm, It seems well suited to supersonic 9mm ammo as its pretty quiet with them. At first i wasnt very happy with it but it seems to have broken in now.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is a link to the form one suppressor forum. You might have to register as a member to view the site. Google "forum one suppressor forums" and you should find it. Once you are registered you can go to the vendor services page and you can find Rusty's thread.

I just got a can back from him. Relatively fast service, great communication and an awesome end product. He has been building and testing different suppressors and baffle types, spacing, clips, ect. He will build you a baffle stack that will sound awesome and have little to no point of impact shift.

I have followed his spacing and clipping suggestions for my personal builds and test back to back with other configurations and his way was much quieter.

James
View Quote
I signed up for the forum but am still waiting for approval before I can access the site. What does Rusty charge for a suppressor recore?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have the Sirearms on a 9mm, It seems well suited to supersonic 9mm ammo as its pretty quiet with them. At first i wasnt very happy with it but it seems to have broken in now.
View Quote
Is it quieter than your own baffle stack was?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is it quieter than your own baffle stack was?
View Quote
With supersonics yes, with subsonics, not as quiet. BUT! it is a lot lighter.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]
It is on a case by case basis depending on how many baffles and what material. He mostly uses his "rcs" baffles. He worked on one of my cans that had alignment problems with its taper mount. While he had it he re worked my stack. He changed 3 of my 7 cone baffles to RCS, and changed the spacing a bit. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but other cans that I followed his advice on spacing all turned out quieter then my original configuration.

James
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 1:16:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is on a case by case basis depending on how many baffles and what material. He mostly uses his "rcs" baffles. He worked on one of my cans that had alignment problems with its taper mount. While he had it he re worked my stack. He changed 3 of my 7 cone baffles to RCS, and changed the spacing a bit. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but other cans that I followed his advice on spacing all turned out quieter then my original configuration.

James
View Quote
I'm communicating with Rusty now through the Form 1 forum. Seems like the way to go!
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Rusty is quoting me $425 plus shipping to recore my Form 1 suppressor . No way I'm spending that much.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#11]
you will be happy with sire arms core. I have a .30 cal and 22lr.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Rusty is quoting me $425 plus shipping to recore my Form 1 suppressor . No way I'm spending that much.
View Quote
Option 2 would be scrap the whole thing and build a new one. I'm sure that would cost more.

There's a third option and you probably already know what it is which is why you are trying to have an SOT do the work.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:why you are trying to have an SOT do the work.
View Quote
Your question is: why are you trying to have a licensed individual perform work that only a licensed person is legally allowed to do?
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Option 2 would be scrap the whole thing and build a new one. I'm sure that would cost more.

There's a third option and you probably already know what it is which is why you are trying to have an SOT do the work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other option is to go through Sirearms and only spend $250.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#15]
What baffles and/or spacers do you currently have?  Can you post a picture?

You could always get the parts that Rusty uses, use your old spacers if you have them, or make new ones.  Drill, cut, clip the new parts and take them all to your local can rebuilder and have him install the parts for you.

Edited for, you can't do that part...
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted: or make new ones.
Edited for, you can't do that part...
View Quote
Missed one.
An unlicensed individual can not make any replacement parts, even spacer.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’d just buy the $399 aac 762sdn for that. His stuff really isn’t worth the price knowing if your stuff breaks you’re out of luck. At least with a major manufacturer you can get free repair most of the time.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Might want to contact Joe at Curtis Tactical.   He recored my Thompson Machine Isis 2 can and its awesome.   Total turn around was about 6 weeks.    He converted it into a shielded K baffle stack instead of a monocore as designed and built by Thompson Machine.

Caliber rating increased to include supersonic 300 Blackout down to an 8" barrel.

Overall sound reduction is about the same, but FRP has been significantly reduced and now its much easier to disassemble for cleaning even when filthy.

At $360, it was not cheap, but it was cheaper than a new suppressor plus stamp and the associated wait time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#19]
sire arms was worth it for me. my shitty freeze plugs were shitty.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
sire arms was worth it for me. my shitty freeze plugs were shitty.
View Quote
Do you have any factory suppressors to compare it to? What caliber do you have? Still trying to figure out if I want to go with them. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd like to know, I have an unfired .308 build I wouldn't mind getting their core for. They're about 90 minutes from me so I'm hoping I could drive to them and do everything in one day.

Also, any way to use an ASR MAAD module with the tube? I'd like to keep things standardized with my ASR mounts
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I’d just buy the $399 aac 762sdn for that. His stuff really isn’t worth the price knowing if your stuff breaks you’re out of luck. At least with a major manufacturer you can get free repair most of the time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
P-devil, everyone is entitled to an opinion , Im just curious what you are basing your comment on that "if your stuff breaks your out of luck". I take care of my customers and even do upgrades I have developed at a very low cost of material only.

Have you ever had first hand expierence with any of my products? Have you ever built a silencer? Have you ever recored an aac 762. You recommended the acc 762 has being better choice with ability to repair.  Have you read the acc warranty, the warranty is void if reloads are used and they will not touch the can. I've done several recores on acc cans and would never recommend acc. Many of my customers have done comparisons to many commercial cans and in every case have reported my recores perform better in all areas including suppression and no poi shift.

If I can ever be of help please let me know.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I understand completely. My service is not for everyone. Most of my customers want the best they can get for performance in suppression and no poi shift and that's where I come in.

For some the sire arms monocore is fine for their purpose. It's just not the high performance recore I do.

If a person is handy with tools you can build a new form 1 with the custom design cones I have developed and use the DHC. All  that is needed is follow the tutorial over at form1suppressor.boards.net  you can place an order for the rsc over there also.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 2:43:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I understand completely. My service is not for everyone. Most of my customers want the best they can get for performance in suppression and no poi shift and that's where I come in.

For some the sire arms monocore is fine for their purpose. It's just not the high performance recore I do.

If a person is handy with tools you can build a new form 1 with the custom design cones I have developed and use the DHC. All  that is needed is follow the tutorial over at form1suppressor.boards.net  you can place an order for the rsc over there also.
View Quote
Good to see you posting over here Rusty and becoming a member!
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can't comment on price; value is up to the customer to decide.

What I can comment on is quality, and Rusty's work is nearly fucking art.  His machine work is perfect.  Not just good.  Perfect.  He's finished the baffles on three cans for me, and his work reflects old-school craftsmanship and attention to detail seldom seen any more.

So, decide if the price is right for your circumstances, but you rest assured the end product will more than live up to you expectations.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I can't comment on price; value is up to the customer to decide.

What I can comment on is quality, and Rusty's work is nearly fucking art.  His machine work is perfect.  Not just good.  Perfect.  He's finished the baffles on three cans for me, and his work reflects old-school craftsmanship and attention to detail seldom seen any more.

So, decide if the price is right for your circumstances, but you rest assured the end product will more than live up to you expectations.
View Quote
After reading reviews I don't doubt the quality. I think I'm more worried about spending that much and not having any sort of factory warranty to cover possible baffle or end cap strikes.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Let me put your mind at ease, most factory warranties will not repair cans damaged to user error. From the hundreds of cans I have done there has been one with baffle strikes when the user did not follow instructions. The only thing it cost him was material and shipping cost and the labor was no charge.

Or you can go with aac and if you run reloads, even factory reloads the warranty is void but you start out with a low performing can to begin with. I'm not pushing for your business but just want the facts right.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 3:44:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Let me put your mind at ease, most factory warranties will not repair cans damaged to user error. From the hundreds of cans I have done there has been one with baffle strikes when the user did not follow instructions. The only thing it cost him was material and shipping cost and the labor was no charge.

Or you can go with aac and if you run reloads, even factory reloads the warranty is void but you start out with a low performing can to begin with. I'm not pushing for your business but just want the facts right.
View Quote
I actually had a great experience with AAC warranty. Had an end cap strike on a Mini 4 which was my fault as I didn't torque the muzzle brake down enough and it came unthreaded from the barrel. They paid shipping both ways and it came back in under 2 weeks looking brand new.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I actually had a great experience with AAC warranty. Had an end cap strike on a Mini 4 which was my fault as I didn't torque the muzzle brake down enough and it came unthreaded from the barrel. They paid shipping both ways and it came back in under 2 weeks looking brand new.
View Quote
My advise is do what you are most comfortable with and allows you to sleep at night.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Do you have any factory suppressors to compare it to? What caliber do you have? Still trying to figure out if I want to go with them. Thanks.
View Quote
Yes. Gemtech trek and griffin sportsmen that sees action on 6.5 Grendel and a 13.7” sbr. The sire arms is mostly shot on my 18” 556. I honestly can’t hear the difference really. Biggest downside is the weight, but it sounds good. Also you can’t use the regular GA double chamber brake, only the minimalist brake or FH.

I’m considering it for my .45 titanium can too but I rarely shoot it on my 9mm sbr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top