Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
It’s Wilcox. It’s worth every penny.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
Originally Posted By fortydelta:
Originally Posted By C3N4-1:
Boom. Dual head-mounted Auroras courtesy of Wilcox and SiOnyx:https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/47365185_529947530842991_3605302419933626368_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=cebef83b2b80705dc721785e65711c6d&oe=5CB02030

If the image doesn't display, it's on SiOnyx's Facebook page.
That bridge costs as much as one Aurora.
It’s Wilcox. It’s worth every penny.
You could buy 4 Auroras and 2 of the Wilcox bridges and still be under the cost for a conventional dual tube setup.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 4:47:40 PM EST
I confess I have one, but it hasn’t been out of the box yet.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:35:44 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:36:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By kel:
Someone asked about inclement weather: I just uploaded a few seconds of sucky fog footage. Serious pea-soup weather here this week. Dark dank, and wet. No IR illumination for the actual footage, some IR targeting lasers being used, one sequence shows flashing a lot of white light on targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCUdBnjEOmc
View Quote
Great post!
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:39:56 PM EST
Someone asked about inclement weather: I just uploaded a few seconds of sucky fog footage. Serious pea-soup weather here this week. Dark dank, and wet. No IR illumination for the actual footage, some IR targeting lasers being used, one sequence shows flashing a lot of white light on targets.

View Quote
Liked.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:28:37 AM EST

View Quote
Awesome.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:13:11 PM EST
Price went back up to $799. Seems to have gone up to that price everywhere else too.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:24:14 PM EST
Has anybody seen these for sale locally? Are they a internet only type thing?
If I could finger one for a few minutes I would more than likely buy one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:29:27 PM EST
would this be a good option for a first time user?

i have no experience with NV, and at the current prices for quality analog setups, i thought i never would.

$800 + hardware makes this easily in the realm of possibility (hopefully sub-$1200 all in).

my purposes would be casual hunting and night shoots (I'm not a LEO or MIL, my life wont be on the line any more than the average hunter/shooter).

so objectively speaking, not comparing it to a PVS-14, is this worth the money as an NVG?

I know there have been digital "game changers" that haven't panned out. Is this one of them, or is this actually some next level innovation?

i appreciate anything y'all have to say
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:36:18 PM EST
Originally Posted By paddy_met123:
would this be a good option for a first time user?

i have no experience with NV, and at the current prices for quality analog setups, i thought i never would.

$800 + hardware makes this easily in the realm of possibility (hopefully sub-$1200 all in).

my purposes would be casual hunting and night shoots (I'm not a LEO or MIL, my life wont be on the line any more than the average hunter/shooter).

so objectively speaking, not comparing it to a PVS-14, is this worth the money as an NVG?

I know there have been digital "game changers" that haven't panned out. Is this one of them, or is this actually some next level innovation?

i appreciate anything y'all have to say
View Quote
I'm right there with you wondering the same thing. I almost bought one on black Friday because with a coupon it was definitely right priced. What kept me from hitting the buy button is that I'd like to put my hands on a unit and try it out first.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:50:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/8/2018 9:00:56 PM EST by paddy_met123]
i always hear the phrase "you should expect to spend as much on an optic as you do the gun"

if that same rule being applied to NV became practical, i think the market would expand exponentially.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:58:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By Styer:

I'm right there with you wondering the same thing. I almost bought one on black Friday because with a coupon it was definitely right priced. What kept me from hitting the buy button is that I'd like to put my hands on a unit and try it out first.
View Quote
Same. Waiting mostly on adapters and such to use standard accessories with the Aurora.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:53:22 AM EST
Would really like to have a rail mount 1/3 lower cowitness so it can be used with optics
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:06:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By ar15joe:
Would really like to have a rail mount 1/3 lower cowitness so it can be used with optics
View Quote
I bought a rail mount on Adorama. The camera hole was a threaded blind hole, so I just drilled it out all the way through and bought a 1/4-20 screw to attach the Aurora. I tried it behind a RDS and it worked ok.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:09:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: Today 10:59:32 AM EST by TxRabbitBane]
I’ve played with mine a little.

An IR illuminator makes all the difference in the world. Really pretty cool, especially at that price point.

I’m have no clue how it would work as NV compared to a tube setup, and the lack of mount options may currently be an issue, but for just sitting around in the dark looking at stuff, it works really well, especially with a cheapo IR flashlight. Watched my dog bark at deer last night. Screwed around with it indoors (with IR illumination) a little too.

I think there is a little latency in fast movement, but it’s not bad. Other than the normal little bit of orientation/depth perception issues normal to one-eyed movement, it’s definitely usable.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:08:31 PM EST
Should have bought one during Black Friday. Guess I gotta wait a few weeks for a Christmas sale.
Link Posted: Today 6:37:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: Today 6:46:38 PM EST by kel]
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top