Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 121
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:56:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Forgetfull] [#1]
Updated my Sports to FW 1.32, I had bought these from them in December.

I'm not sure if it's the placebo effect but they seem noticeably better...

I'll have to wait for more darkness to really evaluate though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:28:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Praimfiya] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Thanks to you and @revengeismine

Here's what I've done
1. Turn on wifi on the Aurora
2. Open mobile app (Android) and "find" the Aurora, then connect to it
3. Go to the home screen of the app

I can see what FW it's on, but I don't get any notification about an update, nor do I see any toggle or screen for updating. This seems to follow the Sionyx instructions but clearly I'm doing something wrong. What am I missing here?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Originally Posted By GroundhogOZ:

you have to have the aurora connected to the app - then you can check and update the firmware from the app.  It takes about 20 seconds.  Then you have to switch the aurora off and then back on to reboot.  Current firmware version is 1.32.
Thanks to you and @revengeismine

Here's what I've done
1. Turn on wifi on the Aurora
2. Open mobile app (Android) and "find" the Aurora, then connect to it
3. Go to the home screen of the app

I can see what FW it's on, but I don't get any notification about an update, nor do I see any toggle or screen for updating. This seems to follow the Sionyx instructions but clearly I'm doing something wrong. What am I missing here?

@135Patriots

Are you going to the "About" preference in the dropdown when connected to see what firmware it is running? If it says 1.32, then it would make sense why you are not getting the update pop up since it is already updated.

Originally Posted By Forgetfull:
Updated my Sports to FW 1.32, I had bought these from them in December.

I'm not sure if it's the placebo effect but they seem noticeably better...

I'll have to wait for more darkness to really evaluate though.

After updating, I played around with them last night in my house with all the lights off and only ambient and there has definitely been a viewing improvement. I have to mess with them more as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By revengeismine:

@DieselII

Like Gaspain mentioned, it is a bump helmet, not a ballistic. It will work fine. With it being a Genuine Ops Core Fast HC, the Airsoft equivalent is the BJ Helmet - which a ton of people utilize with Auroras and works with both the RHNO2 and LG24 and Gaspain's mount.

Just for reference - what I posted back on Page 90

You also have the Maritime (airsoft) helmet (4 slots on the rear ARC rail) which is based on the Ops Core Fast SF Super Hight Cut ballistic (originally called the MT Super High Cut).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By @:
Originally Posted By gaspain:
Originally Posted By DieselII:
So some advice please ...

This is the helmet I have :
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/256381/opscore_A14782_multicam-1-1789207.jpg

Am I going to be good with either a Notoros Rhino II ( dovetail or converted with an AKA2 ) , or an L4 G24 , and gaspain's MK2 mount ?
I see the posts about the angle and the helmet type and not sure where I stand ...

Appreciate any input .

looks okay, but I don't know what helmet that is....so maybe probably
Shit sorry ....

It's an Ops-Core Fast Bump High Cut - just not sure if this falls in the ballistic helmet category or air soft style ?

@DieselII

Like Gaspain mentioned, it is a bump helmet, not a ballistic. It will work fine. With it being a Genuine Ops Core Fast HC, the Airsoft equivalent is the BJ Helmet - which a ton of people utilize with Auroras and works with both the RHNO2 and LG24 and Gaspain's mount.

Just for reference - what I posted back on Page 90

BJ helmets have the pointed vent holes with molded shroud
PJ helmets have the oval vent holes with removable shroud
MH helmets have no vent holes with a removable shroud

BJ is based on the Ops Core Fast Bump HC
PJ is based on the Ops Core Fast Carbon HC
MH is based on the Ops Core Fast XP HC ballistic

You also have the Maritime (airsoft) helmet (4 slots on the rear ARC rail) which is based on the Ops Core Fast SF Super Hight Cut ballistic (originally called the MT Super High Cut).
@revengeismine
@gaspain

Good information man , thank you !
I read back a bunch of pages and apparently came up short of that one .... then said screw it I'll juts post and ask .

I do appreciate it - everyone's time and information .
Had been following all this at the beginning and then dropped off and didn't follow through with anything until very recently - need to get caught up ...
Gonna order that shit right today - look forward to it all .

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Updated yesterday.
Very quick. I think it took more to install the app from Play store than to actually update the camera.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have NODs on order but thinking these might be nice for urban areas with more light.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I just updated the Pros to 1.32

A. 1:1 still seems to be 2 Clicks. (3 is close, and probably works fine, but everything is just a smidge bigger than real life).

B. They DID NOT FIX the IR Eye Sensor Bug - it still illuminates, when set to Never, after a power cycle. Unbelievable. I have one of the engineers email - I'll let him know...again
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

A. 1:1 still seems to be 2 Clicks. (3 is close, and probably works fine, but everything is just a smidge bigger than real life).

B. They DID NOT FIX the IR Eye Sensor Bug - it still illuminates, when set to Never, after a power cycle. Unbelievable. I have one of the engineers email - I'll let him know...again
View Quote

Is the IR sensor bug only affecting the PROs?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:05:58 PM EDT
[#8]
i just updated the pro and i think it is slightly better especially in the night color mode , i have had no problem with the eyepiece though - if i set to never it is on all the time but auto and it just comes on when i lift it to eye , what is the bug ? is it on the time settings ? i do find the diopter adjusts itself slightly if i shake it at all , mine must be a bit loose inside but its no big problem
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#9]

@135Patriots

Are you going to the "About" preference in the dropdown when connected to see what firmware it is running? If it says 1.32, then it would make sense why you are not getting the update pop up since it is already updated.
View Quote
Yep, that's how I determined that it's on the 1.1 FW. But, I don't see any screen/popup/notification which would enable an update. I'll try again tonight; last time I tried it was over the weekend.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#10]
i just did mine and as soon as i logged on to the pro wirh the app it asked me if i wanted to upgrade the firmware , i told it no so i could look at what was on it then when i logged off and back on it asked me again if i wanted to upgrade so i did
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

I see it now. I had to pull the camera further away from my eye, but now I see the glow.

Regarding Zoom, to my eyes 3 clicks is 1:1. I stare at a round clock with the camera over one eye and nothing over the other. The two halves line up at 3 clicks for me. Maybe I'm doing that wrong too though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By johnelot:
i just updated the pro and i think it is slightly better especially in the night color mode , i have had no problem with the eyepiece though - if i set to never it is on all the time but auto and it just comes on when i lift it to eye , what is the bug ?
View Quote

The bug is this (you will need a mirror in a dark bathroom, to test) -

The Aurora uses an IR Light, to sense if your Face/Eye is looking through the eyepiece (EVF OFF MODE), when it is set to AUTO mode. That way, when you move it away, it shuts off the EVF. When set to NEVER it doesn't need the sensor, so turns it off, thus removing the "shoot me in the face" IR sensor beacon, similar to Analog "Eye Glow". The bug is that setting it to NEVER, does kill the light...for that session only. After a power cycle, even though you are still on NEVER, the IR Sensor reactivates. You have to toggle back to AUTO, and then immediately toggle back to NEVER, to kill it again. Stand in front of a mirror in a dark bathroom, and you'll see the glow on AUTO, then you'll see it go out, on NEVER - then power cycle it, and you'll see it back on again, even though you are still on NEVER.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JoeJeeps:

I see it now. I had to pull the camera further away from my eye, but now I see the glow.

Regarding Zoom, to my eyes 3 clicks is 1:1. I stare at a round clock with the camera over one eye and nothing over the other. The two halves line up at 3 clicks for me. Maybe I'm doing that wrong too though.
View Quote

Yea, the darker the bathroom, the more you'll notice it. If 3 clicks works for you, then run with it - it very well could be eye differences. I was looking at a Laundry Hamper with ovals on it, and they looked a bit bigger on screen, than with the other naked eye, when I tried 3 clicks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#14]

The Aurora uses an IR Light, to sense if your Face/Eye is looking through the eyepiece (EVF OFF MODE), when it is set to AUTO mode. That way, when you move it away, it shuts off the EVF. When set to NEVER it doesn't need the sensor, so turns it off, thus removing the "shoot me in the face" IR sensor beacon, similar to Analog "Eye Glow". The bug is that setting it to NEVER, does kill the light...for that session only. After a power cycle, even though you are still on NEVER, the IR Sensor reactivates. You have to toggle back to AUTO, and then immediately toggle back to NEVER, to kill it again. Stand in front of a mirror in a dark bathroom, and you'll see the glow on AUTO, then you'll see it go out, on NEVER - then power cycle it, and you'll see it back on again, even though you are still on NEVER.
View All Quotes
i just updated the pro and i think it is slightly better especially in the night color mode , i have had no problem with the eyepiece though - if i set to never it is on all the time but auto and it just comes on when i lift it to eye , what is the bug ?

@mickdonaldson

do you know if this bug is only prevalent in the Pros?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#15]
i just updated the pro and i think it is slightly better especially in the night color mode , i have had no problem with the eyepiece though - if i set to never it is on all the time but auto and it just comes on when i lift it to eye , what is the bug ? is it on the time settings ? i do find the diopter adjusts itself slightly if i shake it at all , mine must be a bit loose inside but its no big problem
View Quote

If we put a piece of tape over the IR light and leave it on auto will it think you're looking through the view finder all the time? Seems like that could be an easy enough fix until they figure out the firmware.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#16]

If we put a piece of tape over the IR light and leave it on auto will it think you're looking through the view finder all the time? Seems like that could be an easy enough fix until they figure out the firmware.
View All Quotes

According to @mickdonaldson , do not cover the IR sensor ... the camera doesn't like it lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Let me know if you want me to email the engineer guy too. Squeaky wheel and all that. I wish the zoom settings would stay put as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#18]

According to @mickdonaldson , do not cover the IR sensor ... the camera doesn't like it lol
View Quote

Ah ok. I wondered if it was smart enough to know whether it was sensing an eye or something else. I guess it is too smart for its own good.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#19]
This thread has been a very helpful and intriguing one for me and I've gleaned a lot from it. I'm not sure if this has already been answered or not, and if so I apologize for asking again, but I am confused about something.  I have a Norotos Rhino II mount but it has the bayonet mount.  Where I am confused is that I'm not sure which dovetail adapter to use for conversion.  The one at TNVC says it is for AKA2 but does the standard rhino II use it as well or is there a different adapter for it?  

Thanks for all responses!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

LOL!!!!! Nooooooooooooooo don't do that . It works, but if you ever toggle it from NEVER to AUTO with the tape on, your unit will snap off immediately - the tape makes it think there is no eye/face (does it detect heat?). The only way back in, is to remove the tape.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#21]

@mickdonaldson

do you know if this bug is only prevalent in the Pros?
View Quote

I can't remember my OG/Sport setup - Set to NEVER and power off. Then go in your bathroom tonight, close the door, and look in the mirror - if you see a white glow, you have the bug.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By gomulego:
This thread has been a very helpful and intriguing one for me and I've gleaned a lot from it. I'm not sure if this has already been answered or not, and if so I apologize for asking again, but I am confused about something.  I have a Norotos Rhino II mount but it has the bayonet mount.  Where I am confused is that I'm not sure which dovetail adapter to use for conversion.  The one at TNVC says it is for AKA2 but does the standard rhino II use it as well or is there a different adapter for it?  

Thanks for all responses!
View Quote

AKA2 is correct - works on RHINO II as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:39:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Forgetfull] [#23]
If anyone hasn't updated their sionyx yet please try and set up a scientific before/after shot. I didn't bother because I didn't think a firmware would make a meaningful difference.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#24]

AKA2 is correct - works on RHINO II as well.
View Quote

Ah excellent.  Thanks Mick!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:

Damm wish I would have known that last week.... lol
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:

Damm wish I would have known that last week.... lol

Me too
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I removed the SD Card and re-inserted it, and for whatever reason, that convinced the mobile app to allow for a FW upgrade.

I need to use this at the range to really get a good sense of how it's changed, if at all. At first glance looking around a few rooms in very low light, I can't say I notice a perceivable difference in performance (clarity, ambient light pickup, lack of 'noise' with gain over 0.0, etc). But I think we all agree that indoor, no light/very low light is where this camera struggles the most compared to true analog NV, so I'm not surprised that I don't see a big difference there.

With IR assist from my Modlite 850 and Perst laser, it's quite good. But that was also the case prior to the FW update.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I finally made it through all 100 pages.
If I get @gaspain ‘s bridge, will I need a shoe?
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
I finally made it through all 100 pages.
If I get @gaspain ‘s bridge, will I need a shoe?
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.
View Quote

@Oldgold

I know the MK2 comes with its own shoe.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:27:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#29]
The Mk1C also comes with its own shoe. Attaches directly to the Aurora and the helmet mount.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#30]

@Oldgold

I know the MK2 comes with its own shoe.
View Quote

Thanks. Just what I wanted to hear.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:19:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Praimfiya] [#31]
Meh 2nd time around trying to get my gucci Multicam Black FMA Caiman failed

First time, ordered the wrong one with the H Nape and not the OCC Dial. This time, they sent Typhon pattern instead ... first world problems lol.

I guess I am looking at another 2 week delay in getting these Sports set up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#32]

First time, ordered the wrong one with the H Nape and not the OCC Dial. This time, they sent Typhon pattern instead ... first world problems lol.

View Quote

Man, I have EVERYTHING except Gaspain's mount. I'm walking around the house like a retard holding my two Pros in bino fashion, while my helmet hangs in the closet. Trying to be patient. I know it will be worth it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:57:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Praimfiya] [#33]

Man, I have EVERYTHING except Gaspain's mount. I'm walking around the house like a retard holding my two Pros in bino fashion, while my helmet hangs in the closet. Trying to be patient. I know it will be worth it.
View All Quotes

HAHA at least I am not alone. I had my old FMA PJ helmet for a bit and figured to sell it and I would have my Caiman in hand by mid Dec LOL.

If I can't return this thing, maybe one of you guys might want to buy it. Nice helmet ... just need MC Black lol

I will say, the Typhon pattern on the Caiman looks pretty nice though vs

Attachment Attached File

which looks pretty nice as well and matches my painted sionyx

such first world decisions.

Looks like I will be holding them up to my face for a bit more as well. lol.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I've been following this thread on and off for awhile now.
Haven't read every single post / page but think I've got the gist.
Recently picked up a Sport and an Emerson helmet as noted by gaspain.
Looking at a G24 copy
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B084GB11DQ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?smid=ATMAA4HJCORGK&psc=1
and gaspain's mk1c mount.

Also looking for an IR light to put on the helmet. The FandyFire and similar I've seen mentioned all seem to emit a red glow.
Are there reasonable / affordable options for a light to helmet mount that doesn't have residual red light?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:39:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Praimfiya] [#35]
Originally Posted By DamnYank:
Looking at a G24 copy
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B084GB11DQ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?smid=ATMAA4HJCORGK&psc=1

Also looking for an IR light to put on the helmet. The FandyFire and similar I've seen mentioned all seem to emit a red glow.
Are there reasonable / affordable options for a light to helmet mount that doesn't have residual red light?
View Quote

@DamnYank
Use a 940nm head. It's near invisible to the human eye. I use Solarforce LM2s (Surefire 6P knock off) that excepts P60 heads. U can find P60 940nm IR heads on Amazon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Looking at a G24 copy

View Quote

The Fandyfire puts off a very faint glow. You can barely see it in a dark room, 1' away from it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#37]

The Fandyfire puts off a very faint glow. You can barely see it in a dark room, 1' away from it.
View All Quotes
Looking at a G24 copy

Ah, that's good info, thanks. The listings noted a red output but wasn't sure how much that equated to.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:09:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Nightfox also makes some 940nm flashlights.
A little more expensive and about double the size of Fandyfire.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:09:34 AM EDT
[#39]
All IR lights with any "oomph" are red when you look directly at the lens. It is only the LED Emitter, inside - it doesn't "throw" any visible light. The only time you can't see 940nm, where you *can* see 850nm (with night adjusted eyes in a pitch black room) is when the power is measured in millivolts - like a Nitecore NU05MI vs a Photon Microlight II, both in IR.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:56:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#40]
Just dropped these in another thread - explains everything (400-700nm is visible)

dQE is detected quantum efficiency
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Just dropped these in another thread - explains everything (400-700nm is visible)

https://i.imgur.com/8K1Z1TI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GAu0Rks.jpg

View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/8K1Z1TI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GAu0Rks.jpg

All IR lights with any "oomph" are red when you look directly at the lens. It is only the LED Emitter, inside - it doesn't "throw" any visible light. The only time you can't see 940nm, where you *can* see 850nm (with night adjusted eyes in a pitch black room) is when the power is measured in millivolts - like a Nitecore NU05MI vs a Photon Microlight II, both in IR.

The info all you guys offer up to the rest of us is awesome. Gotta love have this place as a resource. A total priveledge to have available.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:16:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Praimfiya] [#42]
I doubt anyone else would thru the effort of getting one but for anyone with a smaller head, the fma caiman will be too big for you. 57 to 62cm heads. Doesn't tighten enough for my head.

But it does work well with a ops core shroud with a RHNO2 and gaspains mk2 when it's actually tight on your head.

The company that shipped me the wrong pattern is sending me a multicam color for free but I doubt it will fit me...went ahead and ordered a fma opscore from Amazon with the better suspension system and will probably swap.

Should have just gone with an amazon helmet like most of you guys did lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#43]
When you thought you couldn't get a worse Sionyx review than TRex Arms....this guy comes along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zrdBpKv18c
View Quote

Finally an honest review.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:52:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Praimfiya] [#44]
Originally Posted By MainePure:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MainePure:
When you thought you couldn't get a worse Sionyx review than TRex Arms....this guy comes along

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zrdBpKv18c

Lol uh huh he's being pretty disingenuous tbh. He makes some points but conveniently leaves out the positives of it in certain instances.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:34:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoeJeeps] [#45]

Lol uh huh he's being pretty disingenuous tbh. He makes some points but conveniently leaves out the positives of it in certain instances.
View Quote

Is this the one where the guy fails to make the necessary settings changes to bring down lag, leaves the IR light on, etc?

ETA: Yeah, I just watched it again. He also tries to mount it like a PVS-14 and complains it is canted. He's a tard if he hasn't figured out there are fixes for a lot of these things.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:20:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Just a quick note for those doing the firmware v1.32 update.  You must have an SD card installed to do the update (at least on my Sport, it was required).  This was not explicitly stated on the website instructions or elsewhere that I could find.  I tried initially without an SD card and when I would get to the update screen it just gave me a "skip" option.  Now with an SD card installed it worked just fine.  This might be common knowledge, but I hadn't seen it so thought I'd post it up in case anyone else runs into the same issue.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Fulton1:
Just a quick note for those doing the firmware v1.32 update.  You must have an SD card installed to do the update (at least on my Sport, it was required).  This was not explicitly stated on the website instructions or elsewhere that I could find.  I tried initially without an SD card and when I would get to the update screen it just gave me a "skip" option.  Now with an SD card installed it worked just fine.  This might be common knowledge, but I hadn't seen it so thought I'd post it up in case anyone else runs into the same issue.
View Quote

Good post. I assume the phone sends the file to the unit, and it needs to be stored somewhere. Sort of like updating a BIOS on a motherboard where you had to put it on a flash drive first.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:50:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#48]
Indoor comparison

Once again the Pro does well - although the framerate was 7.5fps.  Note the iphone photo was enhanced in photoshop to be inline with my night adjusted eyesight.  The original iphone11 photo was just a black image.  I'm not sure what the glow in the distance is - possible a small light behind a building.  To the naked eye it was barely noticeable.

Question for @mickdonaldson - have you confirmed the Pro runs for 4 hours on a single battery or is the claimed double battery life relative to the Aurora due to the provision of two batteries with the Pro unit.

@revengeismine - The Butler Ck Blizzard flip open covers work well - size 08 OD 1.9 to 1.99.  

erratum Ekran tube 1100FOM
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:23:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JoeJeeps] [#49]
I think I'm all set up and ready to go. Thanks to everyone here for the advice!

Attachment Attached File

ETA: @Gaspain, I realize I have the shoe in the wrong position for the Wilcox. I found that if I try to use the eyecups then they are resting against my face in the Wilson position even with the mount extended all the way out. I ended up with some fogging as a result. In the RHNO position they are about 2mm from my face with the mount adjusted all the way in, but I can't get a perfect view of the screens. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet...probably remove the eyecups and go with the Wilson shoe position.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:13:08 AM EDT
[#50]
I run dual sports, so I updated one and left the other at stock FW. In photo or video with gaspain's settings from further up, I can't notice any difference at all. The moon is nice and the weather is pretty clear so optimal for them out there. I can see a tree line at almost 500 yards tonight and there is no perceptible change from one cam to the other.

I went ahead and took them to an indoor room that I could slowly shut outside light to and both cameras went from good picture to grainy mess at the same rate.

I didn't do anything with IR since the cameras have always gave great results with it. I also use the cameras in the night color mode all the time, so I didn't bother checking greyscale.

Also, I'm really bad at detecting the lag in these cameras. I can see the heavy blur when you turn them very quickly, and I've noticed the occasional "stutter" where an image doesn't refresh in one camera for a microsecond... so if they've improved in that regard I might not be the best person to detect it.

If there is a specific setting or mode I should try let me know.
Page / 121
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top