Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:33:03 AM EST
So apologies for my ignorance on the subject, but since this is a camera and not a traditional tube NVG, why does it have to be the size of a PVS-14? Why not have the camera optic/eyepiece all in a very small piece with wires that run to a separate processer/battery pack?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:44:10 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fortydelta:
My Wicox shoe came in today. I should have the dovetail to horn interface on Tuesday. Then I can stab it into a rhno mount like the other cool guys.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96899/med_gallery_139776_8407_511595_jpg-812808.JPG
View Quote
Where can you buy that mount? Link?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 12:49:43 PM EST

Yes, it's just that the m24 shoe pin is slightly bigger than the Aurora hole. Just file a little on the sides of the pin and it will work. Took me about 5 minutes at the kitchen counter.
View Quote
Thanks, I just ordered two so I can setup duals.

Now to decide... RQE or Wilcox bridge?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 4:13:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/28/2019 4:14:19 PM EST by cledford3]
Does Wilcox mount (m24?) actually cost over $400 bucks?! What else (aside from helmet) is required?

Any other more modestly priced options?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 6:45:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By cledford3:
Does Wilcox mount (m24?) actually cost over $400 bucks?! What else (aside from helmet) is required?

Any other more modestly priced options?

Thanks!
View Quote
The m24 SHOE is $35-40.

A BRIDGE is big time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 6:05:49 AM EST

The m24 SHOE is $35-40.

A BRIDGE is big time.
View Quote
I paid $77.90 shipped for two from Ultimate Night Vision.

The bridge will cost about as much as an Aurora.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:56:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/29/2019 10:58:44 AM EST by rcoers]
Originally Posted By airmandaniel:
So apologies for my ignorance on the subject, but since this is a camera and not a traditional tube NVG, why does it have to be the size of a PVS-14? Why not have the camera optic/eyepiece all in a very small piece with wires that run to a separate processer/battery pack?
View Quote
I'm no subject matter expert, but I believe it wasn't originally intended to function as NVG but rather an action camera. I'm sure the intended market is used to something similar to a GoPro. I could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 12:54:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/29/2019 12:58:47 PM EST by cledford3]

The m24 SHOE is $35-40.

A BRIDGE is big time.
View Quote
Are there other options for bridges - other than Wilcox? I'm cash flow limited and don't need top tier kit - just something that works.

Also (and sorry for the noob questions) - what is the "arm" that hold the optic to the mounting platform (ie. helmet?)? The bridge is to run two optics side by side - correct?

In the end I'm trying to figure out what is required to use the thing head mounted like a PVS14.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 1:11:17 PM EST

Are there other options for bridges - other than Wilcox? I'm cash flow limited and don't need top tier kit - just something that works.

Also (and sorry for the noob questions) - what is the "arm" that hold the optic to the mounting platform (ie. helmet?)? The bridge is to run two optics side by side - correct?

In the end I'm trying to figure out what is required to use the thing head mounted like a PVS14.

Thanks!
View Quote
Lion's Hyperion on Facebook. It's a 3D printed bridge mount. PD is non adjustable. You have to send him measurements. Around $100. Then use a PVS-18 shoe to attach the bridge to a dovetail arm, such as a Norotros AKA2 or converted RHNO.

The basic components to mounting NVG on a helmet are:
Helmet
Shroud mounts to helmet
Arm mounts to Shround
Arm to device, via whatever. On standard NVG it could be a "bayonet" style j-arm or dovetail thing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 8:20:14 AM EST

Lion's Hyperion on Facebook. It's a 3D printed bridge mount. PD is non adjustable. You have to send him measurements. Around $100. Then use a PVS-18 shoe to attach the bridge to a dovetail arm, such as a Norotros AKA2 or converted RHNO.

The basic components to mounting NVG on a helmet are:
Helmet
Shroud mounts to helmet
Arm mounts to Shround
Arm to device, via whatever. On standard NVG it could be a "bayonet" style j-arm or dovetail thing.
View Quote
It's a very cost effective solution TBH.

I'm just a gear snob, so I went the other way.

Don't be like me :)
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 5:33:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/30/2019 5:34:46 PM EST by SpyHawk]
Holy crap, Own The Night ships fast.

Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:54:25 AM EST
Does anyone know of any other forums or resources where the SiOnyx Aurora is being discussed? (FB groups, etc). This thread has been a wealth of information and help - but I figured I’d ask to see if there was anything going on elsewhere.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 10:02:53 AM EST
Does anyone know of any other forums or resources where the SiOnyx Aurora is being discussed? (FB groups, etc). This thread has been a wealth of information and help - but I figured I’d ask to see if there was anything going on elsewhere.

Thanks!
View Quote
Not to my knowledge, I've done some searches and haven't found anything as indepth as this thread.

I've also pointed out to Sionyx that they should check into this thread. In fact, I just looked and saw they have an industry page.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:39:37 PM EST
Not to my knowledge, I've done some searches and haven't found anything as indepth as this thread.

I've also pointed out to Sionyx that they should check into this thread. In fact, I just looked and saw they have an industry page.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks!

Good catch. Added them to my board.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 9:30:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:

Good catch. Added them to my board.
View Quote
Smart move on their part.

Direct user feedback here along with other target groups will result in their ability to deliver what will profit them, and meet the demand of their consumer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 8:58:44 PM EST
Skip to 17:15
Trex arms talks to sionyx at shot show

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1QwspCnSVkg
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 10:04:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By smeeg:

View Quote
Well that was disappointing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:03:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By NotUrLawyer:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NotUrLawyer:
Originally Posted By smeeg:

But... Possible upgrades coming? F1.2 lenses maybe?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:15:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/10/2019 11:17:23 AM EST by Wangstang]

Skip to 17:12 mark for a nothing burger
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 3:46:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QwspCnSVkg
Skip to 17:12 mark for a nothing burger
View Quote
My encounter with the Sionyx guy was not positive at the show. I'm not gonna shit on them or anything here, but they won't be seeing any of my personal money or any aftermarket support/accessories from my employer.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:23:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: Yesterday 8:25:37 AM EST by SpyHawk]
I noticed that the Night Optics "Brilliance" line uses an f1.12 lens.

Anybody know if you CAN remove the objective lense on the Aurora and replace it with something like that?
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top