Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2021 2:48:02 PM EDT
I filed for my first can, sandman s, did the kiosk, and now I’m waiting.
I liked the idea of the single shot, so I did that.
But now I’m reading that potentially it’s a yearly fee? It gets transferred to my home state because it’s originated in NV?

What’s the real scoop. I cannot find much on this as I’ve been searching for a while.

I hope I made the right choice.

Setting up a large trust didn’t seem right for me at this time as this is my first NFA item for now, and i cannot own SBR’s without going preban and etc. I just wanted to add my wife and my family to the trust, due to ease. I hope I made the right choice.
My state I live in is CT if that matters.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
My brother used a SST...never had to pay a yearly fee. Not sure where you are seeing that.

As long as you're not in Maine you should be fine. Their trust laws are a little screwy from what I remember.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Reddit has info pertaining to why it posting this thread.
Something about Nevada holding the trust and after a year it goes to your state of residence trust laws.

A lot of conflicting information, from the majority, it’s a one time fee and that’s it. Done. But then I get a random post about how it changes.

It seems like a solid choice for my needs and I hope everything I’m reading about it going up in a year is false.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
You literally download it and have it notarized.

Trusts are not wills. They do not have to be filed with the courts or recorded.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reddit has info...

View Quote

WTF do people believe anything on Reddit?

https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/single-shot-trust
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

WTF do people believe anything on Reddit?

https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/single-shot-trust
View Quote

No, but under my researching it came up quite a bit on NFA side of Reddit, which then I finally clicked a link to a post. Came up a couple times.
Which leads me here to cut out the BS.
On snipers hide and m4 carbine, I’m not finding any of that info.
Just trying to educate myself on what is right or not and to see other peoples experiences using this type of trust.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top