Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2018 3:41:01 PM EDT
I see they have a form one process for SBR and silencer, just curious if anyone has tried it and what is the experience?

It seems like its convenient and I have a few kiosks within 45 min drive of work or home and in theory this would save me time and effort with photos and fingerprint hassle - I read some reviews that say paperwork has been lost, or some other technical snags - Would appreciate any feedback on the experience of those that actually have used this for a form 1  or just easier taking a day off and getting fingerprints and photos and paperwork the old slow way.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I see they have a form one process for SBR and silencer, just curious if anyone has tried it and what is the experience?

It seems like its convenient and I have a few kiosks within 45 min drive of work or home and in theory this would save me time and effort with photos and fingerprint hassle - I read some reviews that say paperwork has been lost, or some other technical snags - Would appreciate any feedback on the experience of those that actually have used this for a form 1  or just easier taking a day off and getting fingerprints and photos and paperwork the old slow way.

Thanks
View Quote
Worth the incredibly minimal risk IMO. I haven't done it yet, but I've bought 4 cans from them and the process was phenomenally easier than the others I've bought. Once your prints and trust info (if applicable) are in, even easier.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Convenient but adds some time to the process.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've only done form 4s so far.
I'm going to a form 1 if my lower ever shows up.
It's awesome how easy it is.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a can through one and now got a Form 1 going. As they already have my trust and our fingerprints, photos etc, it’s a few questions online and you’re done. Was maybe $50 or so on top of the stamp, and gotta actually get the stamp yet ....but VERY convenient.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Simple, purchase the form 1 stamp through them and follow the directions. Once info in the system the next is even easier. I promise you there will be a second.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Simple, purchase the form 1 stamp through them and follow the directions. Once info in the system the next is even easier. I promise you there will be a second.
View Quote
Already planning on it
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
I used it.  Worked fine.  I am about 180 days from check cashing on F1 individual, with any luck the stamp will come back soon.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I have done several and since I am now in the system I just go thru their online store and buy a Form 1 Service and the Stamp and complete the online form. I bought an unlimited lifetime single shot trust from them a while ago so its super easy and has already paid for itself in convenience alone. No need to even leave the crib.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven’t done it personally but have seen it hold reliable for others. I’m seeing others receive their summer ‘17 stamps already and I’m still waiting on my March ‘17.. (both on f1 trust)
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I did it, worked well.  Hit a snag with the check not depositing but had stamp in hand in like 6-7 months
''Twas a form 1 trust with 1 RP
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#11]
just did a F4 on the kiosk...very easy
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm waiting on 4 F1's from them, 3 SBR and 1 can. The extra $40 is well worth the convenience.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I was with a bud who did a Form 4 and a Form 1 on a kiosk yesterday. it was painless.

He will get an email for the Form 1 and need to sign electronically. That should happen today, from what we were told.

JPK
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was with a bud who did a Form 4 and a Form 1 on a kiosk yesterday. it was painless.

He will get an email for the Form 1 and need to sign electronically. That should happen today, from what we were told.

JPK
View Quote
it may take a few days. my last one (2 weeks ago) took about 5 days from when I submitted it till when they sent me the link to sign electronically. Just saying so he doenst freak out if it doesnt happen today
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m already in the system/kiosk so it was super easy. Didn’t even have to get off the couch.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I’m already in the system/kiosk so it was super easy. Didn’t even have to get off the couch.
View Quote
Thanks for the feedback - I have a feeling this is going to be expensive - in a fun way!
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I just did a form 1 using their service. I was already in the system from previous suppressor purchases. It is definitely worth the fee. I'll be doing a couple more shortly.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Started the process yesterday afternoon and filled out the info from the email last night. All my stuff is with their NFA review team or whatever.

This is my first NFA item and so far this has been pretty painless.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes.

5 months from file to stamp in hand.

Eta: already used the kiosk prior.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I did it - was very easy - Now just wait.  I already have ideas for SBR'ing about 5 more guns.  Have some AK pistols that would be nicer as SBRs and an AR.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#21]
So what do you engrave? Is it just "serial number trust"?
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you do a single shot trust you engrave what they name the trust. I used the trust I already have in place.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you do a single shot trust you engrave what they name the trust. I used the trust I already have in place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And city, state
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
it may take a few days. my last one (2 weeks ago) took about 5 days from when I submitted it till when they sent me the link to sign electronically. Just saying so he doenst freak out if it doesnt happen today
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JPK
We were told by the LGS guys that it would be a day or so for the SS emails. My bud got the emails from SS Friday. He did the kiosk thing late Tuesday, about 5-6pm CDT. So three or so days. Not bad considering how painless the process was. But, as you point out, not next day...
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And city, state
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And city, state
Quoted:
Quoted:

And city, state
Well of course. I just wasnt sure how they named it for form 1s with the single shot. Say its a bcm lower... Is it BCM yadda yadda yadda Serial: ###### Trust? For example?
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well of course. I just wasnt sure how they named it for form 1s with the single shot. Say its a bcm lower... Is it BCM yadda yadda yadda Serial: ###### Trust? For example?
View Quote
I haven’t done any single shots as I had an existing trust.

My understanding is the single shot names the trust whatever the serial number is.

So (serial number) trust
(Your) city, state.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I haven't done any single shots as I had an existing trust.

My understanding is the single shot names the trust whatever the serial number is.

So (serial number) trust
(Your) city, state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't done any single shots as I had an existing trust.

So (serial number) trust
(Your) city, state.
This is correct. I have lifetime unlimited single shot trusts with Silencer Shop and just did another for my 308 SBR. Its a Aero M5 lower. The trust is named after the serial number only. Mine is:

US46XXX TRUST
My Town, NC

The manufacturer isnt named in the engraving unless you use it in the trust name. Silencer shop only uses Serial number because in theory there are no duplicates.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So (serial number) trust
(Your) city, state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So (serial number) trust
(Your) city, state.
Quoted:
This is correct. I have lifetime unlimited single shot trusts with Silencer Shop and just did another for my 308 SBR. Its a Aero M5 lower. The trust is named after the serial number only. Mine is:

US46XXX TRUST
My Town, NC

The manufacturer isnt named in the engraving unless you use it in the trust name. Silencer shop only uses Serial number because in theory there are no duplicates.
Awesome thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Is there a way to check progress? How will I know when the check clears and all that since it's coming from Silencer Shop's account, not mine?
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is there a way to check progress? How will I know when the check clears and all that since it's coming from Silencer Shop's account, not mine?
View Quote
It’ll show in your orders @SS

Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Silencer Shop will also send you an email when the check has been cashed by the ATF.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 3:11:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The manufacturer isnt named in the engraving unless you use it in the trust name.
View Quote
Nope, this is wrong.  As the maker, you have to engrave the place where you 'made' the SBR.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's not what he means. He is referring to the original manufacturer, not the maker location.

You don't have to engrave BCM on the gun it's already on there.
View Quote
Thank you.
Eo obviously didn't read my full post where I show exactly how mine are engraved. 'My town, NC' is where they were 'made'.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Our Sheriff is rumored to get getting one in the lobby of the department.  I'd probably use it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I just got my first Form 1 back. It was my 4th SS transfer and I did it at my kitchen table on my latop.

Individual Form 1

MPX SBR
Check cashed 9/22/17
ATF Received 9/25/17
Still Pending 2/08/17
Approved 3/26/18
Received 4/03/18

It’s a no brainer going this route.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#38]
What’s the going timeline for the SS review? I submitted one last week and haven’t heard anything.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#39]
I've only used SS for form 1's, last one purchased 3/22, received the PDF to electronically sign yesterday. It will add a little time vs mailing it all out yourself but it's much more convenient imo.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What's the going timeline for the SS review? I submitted one last week and haven't heard anything.
View Quote
Mine was two weeks and it was last month that I submitted.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the going timeline for the SS review? I submitted one last week and haven't heard anything.
Thanks

The last one I did was at the start of this, and it was with a day or 2.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What’s the going timeline for the SS review? I submitted one last week and haven’t heard anything.
View Quote
I did one last Friday afternoon, I'm still waiting.
I'm sure the form one's take a little longer than the form fours. I bought two can from them and got my form within a day or two.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top