Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/3/2020 10:58:17 AM EDT
https://www.silencershop.com/services/atf-form-service.html

AIf you got stuck on Checkout, Call 512-931-4556

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Not eForm, so this will be significantly slower to process and return.

ETA: Website description for the promo is now gone. Not sure if paper or e-file after all.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
The picture on the website showed eForm.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Those sure went quick. I tried to get in but the site kept crashing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried getting in but I was too slow.

They pulled $40k in 2 hrs!

I work overseas and am rarely home, so this was the best option for me. I sent them an email pleading for another run, lol.

The email mentioned some extra steps that keep the process from being as streamlined as they prefer for a finished product. Did anyone here get in before the deadline that can elaborate on what those extra steps were or otherwise explain what the process was like?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I got in for two stamps. After purchase I got an email directing me to submit the weapon info for the stamps. So far so good. Not sure what the “extra steps” are that they are referring to.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not eForm, so this will be significantly slower to process and return.

ETA: Website description for the promo is now gone. Not sure if paper or e-file after all.
View Quote

Called SilencerShop, was told it is eFile Form1.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I tried getting in but I was too slow.

They pulled $40k in 2 hrs!

I work overseas and am rarely home, so this was the best option for me. I sent them an email pleading for another run, lol.

The email mentioned some extra steps that keep the process from being as streamlined as they prefer for a finished product. Did anyone here get in before the deadline that can elaborate on what those extra steps were or otherwise explain what the process was like?
View Quote

Not everyone with a Silencershop account has their personal information on file.

They need to:
Add or Confirm the personal information.
Add or Update Bimetrics, for example, the picture of the responsible person has to be taken within a year.
I have a trust on file with SS, but that's for pre-41F.
I'm filing this one with a separate trust.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Eform is not hard to do.

Why pay Silencershop to do this?

I was going to go this route originally but is was "out od stock" so I just did it myself. No problems. 2 SBS and 1 SBR later and now I don't see the point of it all.

30 minutes of you time and 30 days later you get yo stamp.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess it's easier to have them send your prints in for you, but I'm still not sure how you run your efile account (for getting the form1 to print) through Silencershop.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Eform is not hard to do.

Why pay Silencershop to do this?

I was going to go this route originally but is was "out od stock" so I just did it myself. No problems. 2 SBS and 1 SBR later and now I don't see the point of it all.

30 minutes of you time and 30 days later you get yo stamp.
View Quote

Depends on how well the eForms site works for you. For whatever reason, I always encounter a bunch of annoying bugs, including one that made my name disappear from the list of RPs after I hit submit. That error probably cost me a couple hours of my time to fix and delayed my approval a week or two given the back and forth with my examiner.

In the future I'll likely still do it myself, but people are obviously willing to pay extra for the ease of doing this through a customer-oriented, streamlined, technologically-modern process.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I have also bought SS Single Shot trust.  

Filled out some new information on the lower receiver on Monday, uploaded a current passport photo.  SS already has my finger print on file.

SBR eFile Form1 submitted today.

It's totally worth the 35 bucks, all done through few emails.

Silencer Shop created a new efile account, separate from the one already have.

Edit:  Also found out today my engraver was deemed non-essential, no word when they will be back running.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Already sold out and I was on their notify list.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I just completed my 2 efile Form 1s through Silencer Shop. I’m curious to see how long it takes
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 12:56:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess it's easier to have them send your prints in for you, but I'm still not sure how you run your efile account (for getting the form1 to print) through Silencershop.

You don't give SS your efile account. They create one for you and send you the login details. I was able to pick up 2 of these during the 1000 release. Just got done submitting them through the efile site.

They ask you some simple info like the make, model, caliber, and serial of the fire arm. They then use your info on hand, fingerprints, and passport photo to generate all the documents on the ATF website. Below video shows the only step necessary for you to file this Form 1 on the shitty ATF website. Stupid easy and well worth the $40 for me and the limited free time I have.

I fill out enough government bullshit in my day job through shitty Oracle type systems that never work right. I will pay a small premium to not deal with this crap in my free time.

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You don't give SS your efile account. They create one for you and send you the login details. I was able to pick up 2 of these during the 1000 release. Just got done submitting them through the efile site.

They ask you some simple info like the make, model, caliber, and serial of the fire arm. They then use your info on hand, fingerprints, and passport photo to generate all the documents on the ATF website. Below video shows the only step necessary for you to file this Form 1 on the shitty ATF website. Stupid easy and well worth the $40 for me and the limited free time I have.

I fill out enough government bullshit in my day job through shitty Oracle type systems that never work right. I will pay a small premium to not deal with this crap in my free time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1pnCVjeMI4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1pnCVjeMI4

Thanks! Hopefully I can get on the next go round
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Already sold out and I was on their notify list.
View Quote

So far the only upside for me of working from home is dropping what I was doing and putting in for two stamps.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone in here that was part of this SS 1000 get an approval yet? I submit on the 16th and so far nothing. I should be getting close. Just seeing if these are going through or if the SS system with EForms May have a delay like it did last year
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine was submitted on 4/3 for a SBR but went pending for about a week and no approval yet.

Edit: single shot trust.

This past week they threw up another 500.  Got one of them as well.  Eventually I’ll make a suppressor for 350 Legend and below.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#19]
submitted 4/7, singleshot trust, not approved yet.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone get an approval yet?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not I.
Seems Form 1s are pushing 2 months or so.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Impatient-with-Silencer-Shop-s-Form-1-Bad-idea-to-do-my-own-e-file-/17-511539/&page=1&anc=5317304#i5317304
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was wondering the same thing.Nothing for me.  Today is two months for me since I completed my eForm.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Disappointing revived thread title is disappointing.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#24]
I thought I was the only one held up with my SS Form 1 service.  I’m now 63 days into my application.

So no one you know has gotten their Form 1 stamp back through SS?

Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#25]
I put mine in on April 3rd and a friend of mine did on April 7th? And nothing.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Now multiple threads on this site and Reddit about this and Silencer Shop isn't saying anything. May be nothing but makes me nervous.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Y'all need to be a little more grateful silencer shop is doing this for us. I wrote my control numbers down when I did the submission so I could call the atf if need be. I called and mine was submitted by me on April the 7th and the ATF said they got my prints on the 20th, so it looks like it has more to do with the ATF.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Now multiple threads on this site and Reddit about this and Silencer Shop isn't saying anything. May be nothing but makes me nervous.
View Quote

Once it got input into the eforms system, it’s in the ATF’s hands.  Unless the ATF notified Silencer Shop there was a problem with their submissions, they may not have any more information other than just to wait.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Maybe they do and I just don't know it but I wish they sold Single Shot Trusts you can use for your own submissions.

I don't mind filling everything out I just like being able to use the Single Shot.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Don’t you get a copy of the trust when they file?  Pick a new name, find & replace, submit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe they do and I just don't know it but I wish they sold Single Shot Trusts you can use for your own submissions.

I don't mind filling everything out I just like being able to use the Single Shot.

Don’t you get a copy of the trust when they file?  Pick a new name, find & replace, submit.

And who do you pay when you do that?  The single shot trusts aren’t free.  I’m not sure taking an existing trust and making your own new trust by just changing the name makes it a legal trust.  Also, it has to be registered somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Why aren't any of these being approved?

People from the first batch are now at 3x the average wait without approval.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I can’t help but think the ATF is giving silencer shop customers a big FU.

I have another SS form 1 sitting in my account and I’m thinking twice about using it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Just got off the phone with the ATF.

They said the current F1 wait time is 60 days after them getting your fingerprints. They said I’m only 2 days over that....   ?????
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They said the current F1 wait time is 60 days after them getting your fingerprints. They said I’m only 2 days over that....   ?????
View Quote

Well that explains why my eform 1 is taking so long. (Filed 5/11, prints received 5/18.)
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#36]
I filed through this, but using an Old shotgun means I had to do some running around with SS to prove the model number and stuff. I did, and it looks like my 4/6 order was "officially" submitted with prints on 4/25. I called ATF at about the 35 day mark and was told it's "Pending".

I'm coming up on 60 days but I imagine with this big rush of people being home submitting more, the ATF people working form home, and their general "we don't give a shit about doing this quickly" that it will still be a bit.

If I had money and time I would go to law school and just sue the shit out of the NFA all the time for funsies, but I don't.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I've been waiting since 4/7 submission and no approval yet, and I got in on this batch.

It's really soured me on the Silencer Shop eF1 process. I see tons of others in eF1 threads posting that they have received approval in <30 days, and I'm here at >60 days with nothing to show for it. This is far from my first tax stamp, but it's still very frustrating to see. I even wrote into Silencer Shop's support and got confirmation that these were eF1s not paper F1s mailed in.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Yep, I have 2 of these submit from the first batch of 1000. Submit on 4/16 and still waiting. Called ATF and they confirmed both are received and pending but not in FBI background check.

They cant give any information over the phone beyond "pending" or "approved". I know others always recommend the "Ask The Experts" tab to get in touch with an examiner. Problem with that for us is that the email field auto populates with the throw-away email the SS used to fill out your application. You can't change this field. So even if you do get a response it goes to an email you can't access.

I reached out to Silencer Shop on the 8th to see if they had any further info. They have nothing:

Last thing I did was email my Congress representatives for my state and asked if there is anything they can do to contact the ATF and get some answers. That was a few days ago and no response yet.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Below are two interesting threads regarding this issue. Looks like someone was able to contact an ATF agent, cancel their SS submissions, and apply the tax and fingerprints to their own new submissions.

Seems risky but it will get you an approval. You would have to do a chargeback to get your $35 back from SS though.

I’m not going to bother trying it, I just wish we had some open communication and clarity from Silencer Shop on this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/gvk5pm/anyone_in_on_the_last_batch_of_silencer_shop_form/

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/gzp898/form_1_delay_on_silencershop_jk_armament_mst/
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Just got off the phone with Silencer Shop for another question and asked if there was any Form 1 update. Answer was no.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I called silencer shop and got the same runaround.  Had a 2nd form 1 Service from them sitting In my account and told them I want a refund on it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've had 2 f1s approved in the past few months.  Both under a month from the date I filed the eform to the date I got approval.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#43]
I figured I was OK with the delay. SS makes it easy, they already have my fingerprints, and I had a gift certificate from the first form 1 so that filing this one was free. Annoying to not have it back yet but honestly:

1) nobody I know gets into NFA because it's a fast or fun process
2) this is to cut down a stevens SxS shotgun to like 6". It is so far down on my list of "needs" it's unreal
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry to keep beating this dead horse but has anyone from either of the two sales (1000 or 500) actually gotten their stamp yet without resubmitting?

Edit: 2nd round was 500
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 11:40:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sorry to keep beating this dead horse but has anyone from either of the two sales (1000 or 5000) actually gotten their stamp yet without resubmitting?
View Quote

Nothing yet. Prints mailed 4/9.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#46]
There has to be someone know knows *something* on this?  

@SilencerShop
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#47]
When I called them last week, silencershop “claim” they aren’t getting answers from the ATF either. They “claim” when they do get an answer they will send out a mass email to the form 1 customers.

Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#48]
How long do we stay in limbo before they tell everyone to cancel and refile themselves?

A little communication could go a long way if they are having troubles with the ATF. Instead of everyone focusing their anger at SS I bet a bunch would start contacting their representatives to find out why the ATF is making life difficult.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#49]
The last I heard was on 6/26, after I emailed Silencer Shop:

Good Afternoon,

We’ve submitted a formal inquiry to the ATF regarding longer than anticipated wait times, but haven’t received an official response back yet. Once we do, we’ll update you as soon as we know more. Thank you for your patience and trust in us.
View Quote

We're coming off of a holiday weekend, so I'll give them another week or so before I look into the cancel and resubmit route.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Called the ATF yesterday and told asked about my F1 and talked about my concerns.  Told them due to going thru SS I have no way to contact “ask the experts”.  The very nice person gave me an email to get ahold of someone to correct that issue.  

I haven’t heard back yet so when/if  I do I’ll put the email here so everyone else can bombard them with requests.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top