Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2023 1:07:47 PM EDT
So, I decided to break down and register some braced pistols as SBR's and I paid Silence Shop for four packages at $50 per. I only did this because I've waited and they already had my electronic prints and photo on file and their automated submission software was advertised as easy to use. I went through their sign up, uploaded photos of my manufacturers marking and docu-signed the forms, but when I try uploading them through their "Full Auto" ap to e-forms, it starts submitting the form 1, but fails at the "responsible persons" section every time. I've double checked my personal information to make sure it matches my e-form info, but no luck. I'm correctly answering all of the questions in section 11 (are you a felon, etc.). I've emailed Silencer Shop twice, tried the online chat, but so far no response. Anyone else have this type of issue and have any idea how to fix it??? I still have a couple of weeks to figure this out, but I'm starting to worry I won't get these in before the deadline. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I had issues with the one I did through them too. Honestly it was easier to just do it myself. I also emailed them and it took a few days for a response. Give them some time. I'm sure they're overloaded right now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
My buddy and I have been trying for 3 days to submit through SS, each of us have an AR lower and MKE AP5. Both of us were eventually able to get the lowers to go through (one Zev and one Centurion FWIW) but can't get the AP5s to go through, 10-15 attempts each.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Unsure of spending the $50 per... if anything, I would've had prints re-done to ETF file *you* control at Printscan for $60 ...

That said, I just did my first eform and I gotta say it was almost easier than doing my takes.  Certainly took a ton less time.

DIY and save...
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, I decided to break down and register some braced pistols as SBR's and I paid Silence Shop for four packages at $50 per. I only did this because I've waited and they already had my electronic prints and photo on file and their automated submission software was advertised as easy to use. I went through their sign up, uploaded photos of my manufacturers marking and docu-signed the forms, but when I try uploading them through their "Full Auto" ap to e-forms, it starts submitting the form 1, but fails at the "responsible persons" section every time. I've double checked my personal information to make sure it matches my e-form info, but no luck. I'm correctly answering all of the questions in section 11 (are you a felon, etc.). I've emailed Silencer Shop twice, tried the online chat, but so far no response. Anyone else have this type of issue and have any idea how to fix it??? I still have a couple of weeks to figure this out, but I'm starting to worry I won't get these in before the deadline. Any help would be appreciated.
View Quote

First thing, SS customer service is great IF you can get a hold of someone. It's nearly impossible to get someone on the line. Generally, your chances of getting someone in customer service to respond is via the callback method. They don't respond to emails and it's nearly impossible to get someone on the phone.

Second, I've had issues with their Full-auto software for my Form 1, too. Tried on my phone 3-5 times, didn't work. Tried on my work laptop (windows 10) and after about 6 attempts, it finally went through. You might need to try a different device or just keep attempting it until SS opens again on Monday.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]
That sucks I did 3 at the beginning of the month and the only trouble I had was with the verification pictures. The first one took two tries, the second took like 10 and the last one took me over an hour of trying multiple times. Then all of the sudden after all that crap it took me one attempt.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#6]
To update this post, all I can say is I REALLY tried to work this out with Silencer Shop, but I finally demanded a full refund. To their credit, they did do that, but I won't be doing any more business with them for a while. I tried over fifty times, with three different computers, at times from 2am, 5am, late evening, and mid afternoon to use their "full auto" software to send my form 1's, but it failed every single time. I emailed their tech support four times over a week and never got ANY response, I did the chat thing twice, and all they would do is refer me to their tech email. I called and waited, and waited, and waited on the customer service line, with no response. I did the leave a call back number option and five hours later I did get a human being who said the tech people would eventually email me back. I asked if I could actually speak to them and was told no. I asked if I could get an approximate date or time for a response email and I was told they didn't know. I asked if they could just send me my EFT fingerprints and I would fill out the form 1's myself and was told it was against company policy. Then the very polite, but condescending,  customer service person said, "Don't worry, this will all work out." That's what I tell my wife when the shit hits the fan and I don't have a clue what to do, so I requested a refund. I then went to Printscan, got my EFT file and less than an hour later, my forms were submitted (manually by me). I get that the deadline is getting close and I'm also to blame for waiting this late, but I truly thought this brace rule would be paused by one of the courts. Seeing the battle going on in the house of representatives gave me hope that it would be. I am still convinced that eventually this rule will be ruled unconstitutional like the bumpstock ban. But since that might take several years and I don't have any assurances, I decided to cave and file the form 1's. Anyway, that's my experience for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To update this post, all I can say is I REALLY tried to work this out with Silencer Shop, but I finally demanded a full refund. To their credit, they did do that, but I won't be doing any more business with them for a while. I tried over fifty times, with three different computers, at times from 2am, 5am, late evening, and mid afternoon to use their "full auto" software to send my form 1's, but it failed every single time. I emailed their tech support four times over a week and never got ANY response, I did the chat thing twice, and all they would do is refer me to their tech email. I called and waited, and waited, and waited on the customer service line, with no response. I did the leave a call back number option and five hours later I did get a human being who said the tech people would eventually email me back. I asked if I could actually speak to them and was told no. I asked if I could get an approximate date or time for a response email and I was told they didn't know. I asked if they could just send me my EFT fingerprints and I would fill out the form 1's myself and was told it was against company policy. Then the very polite, but condescending,  customer service person said, "Don't worry, this will all work out." That's what I tell my wife when the shit hits the fan and I don't have a clue what to do, so I requested a refund. I then went to Printscan, got my EFT file and less than an hour later, my forms were submitted (manually by me). I get that the deadline is getting close and I'm also to blame for waiting this late, but I truly thought this brace rule would be paused by one of the courts. Seeing the battle going on in the house of representatives gave me hope that it would be. I am still convinced that eventually this rule will be ruled unconstitutional like the bumpstock ban. But since that might take several years and I don't have any assurances, I decided to cave and file the form 1's. Anyway, that's my experience for what it's worth.
View Quote

Glad you got it done.

Silencer Shop is next to useless.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Glad you got it done.

Silencer Shop is next to useless.
View Quote

I think that's a bit harsh considering the number of people they are dealing with. Most definitely those that used Silencer Shops Form 1 service in February and March didn't have the same issues as those that decided to jump in this month. If ATF had set the deadline as December 31st, there would be these same complaints in December.

It's like people are surprised that there are lines at Costco on Saturdays.

<----SS Powered By Dealer that ain't getting emails or phone calls returned either.....but I understand why that is.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I did mine on 4/5 and didn't have any troubles whatsoever. Weird that these issues come up for some and not others.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I recently did 3 forbearance forms through SS.  it was easy peasy.  Submitted late April, the first of 3 came back approved today 5/18
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#11]
They suck I just paid 40 bucks for a set of cards, cards get here...bottom prints misprinted half off the page...cant even get ahold of them to get corrected ones sent out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Jesus I didn't realize they charge $50 to fill out what is essentially a two page PDF and $40 for a set of physical print cards.  The profit margin on that business model must be off the hook, especially if you have limited human staff to back up those services.

I just downloaded the Form 1 PDFs available from the ATF webpage, filled them out, printed the completed application, snapped some pics of my receiver marking and printed those pics out, and rolled my own prints using the free cards the ATF sends you, and put it all in the mail and called it a day.

Total cost is maybe $15 between the printer ink, paper, and postage plus an hour or so of my time including the drive to the post office and back.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#13]
They had my prints on file so I used them for the brace amnesty deal for one pistol braced weapon.  They sent the forms back to sign with the $200 tax stamp option checked. I have sent a half a dozen emails, have called and have not gotten a rcall back. Finally got a guy on chat after holding 50 minutes and he told me that was the correct box for the brace amnesty. When I told him I didn't think that was correct, he got pissy and was telling me how they have done 1,000s of these.  Finally ended the chat with him more or less telling me that I had to check that box and then that was it.

I am likely going to just ask for a refund and ditch the brace for a while and see how things pan out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They had my prints on file so I used them for the brace amnesty deal for one pistol braced weapon.  They sent the forms back to sign with the $200 tax stamp option checked. I have sent a half a dozen emails, have called and have not gotten a rcall back. Finally got a guy on chat after holding 50 minutes and he told me that was the correct box for the brace amnesty. When I told him I didn't think that was correct, he got pissy and was telling me how they have done 1,000s of these.  Finally ended the chat with him more or less telling me that I had to check that box and then that was it.

I am likely going to just ask for a refund and ditch the brace for a while and see how things pan out.
View Quote

When it gets submitted, the SS software changes it to the tax exempt option. Prior to that, it'll show as $200 tax paid option.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

When it gets submitted, the SS software changes it to the tax exempt option. Prior to that, it'll show as $200 tax paid option.
View Quote

But I am asking to sign off on the document using docusign that says it is a $200 tax stamp option.  The concept of signing off on a legal document and them changing it prior to submission is absurd.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#16]
DISAPPROVED - INCOMPLETE FORM received that from atf yesterday mistake was made and  s.s did not catch it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Like others have said, it's so much easier and stress free to do it yourself on the eforms with your own EFT file.

I made the appointment with PrintScan at UPS, got them done, received the EFT file, and submitted my form all in the same day!

Silencershop made sense before eforms existed. Now it's pointless to go through them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
DISAPPROVED - INCOMPLETE FORM received that from atf yesterday mistake was made and  s.s did not catch it.
View Quote

What was the mistake?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#19]
How do you do the eforms yourself? I’ve tried searching for the link but no luck.
  If anyone in central Indiana wants to beat the brace ban, I highly recommend using U S Defense Solutions in Ellettsville.  I’ve taken two AR pistols there, and for $30 each, I’ve got my pistols in the system to be turned into SBRs. They’re fast, friendly and fun people. I walked out of there with copies for me and my CLEO saying Submitted.I’m going back Monday to do two more.
  I’d stay far away the gunshop in Riley though. They wanted $150 for each pistol! Fuck them!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What was the mistake?
View Quote

S/N was missing two letters,only took 7 days but s/n has been corrected.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:31:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I had a similar problem and something was mapping incorrectly to the eforms site. I wish I remembered what the quirk was but it was on the second or third tab oof the screen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top