Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2023 9:37:15 AM EDT

Successfully did a Eform4 through them (275+ days wait) which received the approval last Wednesday.

I waited then on Thursday afternoon I called them around 3:30 eastern then 5:00 eastern. Both times the phone defaulted to "call back during business hours".

I've emailed the compliance and support email address with no responses.

I've tried the chat feature multiple times but it just hangs up.

Did they take the money and run?

What am I missing?? As I haven't called my local dealer as my gut is they'll say contact SS in Texas.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Successfully did a Eform4 through them (275+ days wait) which received the approval last Wednesday.

I waited then on Thursday afternoon I called them around 3:30 eastern then 5:00 eastern. Both times the phone defaulted to "call back during business hours".

I've emailed the compliance and support email address with no responses.

I've tried the chat feature multiple times but it just hangs up.

Did they take the money and run?

What am I missing?? As I haven't called my local dealer as my gut is they'll say contact SS in Texas.

View Quote

Silencer Shop is one of the worst companies to get a hold of.

In my experience email, phone and chat do not work. They will only respond via those methods if you're a dealer.

Requesting a call-back has worked for me about 75% of the time, on the other hand.

They are still in business, as I order accessories from them on occasion.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you in FL? Once the form 3 is done and your local dealer has the item, then the form 4 is completed. Dealers use the silencershop software to file but thats the extent of their (silencershops) involvement.

You need to contact your local dealer, they should have your item ready for pickup. I'm not sure what you would need from silencershop at this point in the process.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you in FL? Once the form 3 is done and your local dealer has the item, then the form 4 is completed. Dealers use the silencershop software to file but thats the extent of their (silencershops) involvement.

You need to contact your local dealer, they should have your item ready for pickup. I'm not sure what you would need from silencershop at this point in the process.
View Quote

Just realized the issue was pickup.

OP, contact your dealer. They'll handle everything else after Form 4 approval.

@SkiandShoot
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:Silence Shop out of business?
View Quote

Did you look at their webpage? That countdown clock has a meaning.
Silencer Shop is snowed under getting eForm 1's completed before the forbearance period ends on 5/31. Customers wanting to use SS to process fingerprints and have SS process the eForm 1 have today as a deadline.

View Quote

They shipped your silencer to your local dealer the week you completed your Form 4. He has your silencer, not Silencer Shop.

As I haven't called my local dealer as my gut is they'll say contact SS in Texas.
View Quote

My gut says he won't.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you guys for the feedback. Considering putting a friendly pmag wager on the table.

I'll call the dealer at 1pm.

edit:
you guys are smart.

Dealer said bring paperwork down and it's a done deal.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dealer said bring paperwork down and it's a done deal.
View Quote

Your dealer will have the paperwork. When ATF approved the eForm they would have emailed him a copy at the same time.
Even if they didn't email the approved eForm to him, he can print out a copy from his ATF eforms account.

In the last week I've found three approved eForms that ATF did not email to me or the customer.

I hate eForms.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered through them, waiting for suppressor to get to shop to file 4e.  So far, no problems with fingerprints, data or pic.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I contacted SS via email because I was bit confused on the next step process for the Form 4 paperwork.

They contacted me 2 days saying that the paperwork was in the final stretch for me to submit it in eform4 with dealer verification.

I thought I had to opened up a document for the information be filled out before verification.  I had it backwards. That's why I went to the dealer shop and after seeing how easy the process to get things started. Everything clicked in place.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Silencer Shop made it easy for me.  I used the kiosk at my local dealer and it all went without a hitch.  The suppressor was sent to the dealer on a form 3, I applied on a form 4, and then the dealer closed shop.    It still wasn't a problem.  He kept everything there in the safe and is meeting with each customer individually by appointment as the stamps come in and giving them their suppressors.  I know that this is a dealer issue, not a silencer shop issue.  But the dealer and silencer shop were great and made my first nfa item purchase a breeze.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#10]
They are still sending emails each week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top