Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2022 3:15:07 PM EDT
So does anyone know of maybe a release date for this? I was hoping something would have happened this week, but no such luck.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So does anyone know of maybe a release date for this? I was hoping something would have happened this week, but no such luck.
View Quote

There's no one here, other than me, that would know about release dates, because we haven't talked anything about release dates in an official capacity.  

We've just released the first production run of the SPEAR.  Releases of other variants will all come in due time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Aug 2nd 2022, will have 6.5 Creedmore and .308 barrels and come in Sig Grey and black.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aug 2nd 2022, will have 6.5 Creedmore and .308 barrels and come in Sig Grey and black.
View Quote

@coregon

Checkmate my dude. Looks like this guy knows more than you do. Lol.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:59:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Haha great, August 2nd it is, marking calendar

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@coregon

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@coregon

el oh el
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

el oh el
View Quote

Hopefully you sensed my sarcasm.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hopefully you sensed my sarcasm.
View Quote

Mos def
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Rumor I heard was February 29th 2022. Confirmed from multiple sources.

Link Posted: 1/22/2022 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Will civies be able to remove the muzzle device and put on their own mounts and non-sig suppressors?
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Will civies be able to remove the muzzle device and put on their own mounts and non-sig suppressors?
View Quote

I was going to reply that "of course we will"...

But then I remembered that the Raptor has an 8 inch 308Win/7.62x51 Barrel.

So... "I hope so" seems to be a better response.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Looking at the prototype Raptor video, it looks to be a gas trap set up similar to the 5.56 Rattler and we know that one can’t be removed. I guess we wait and see.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
With as short and handy as the Raptor is, I think I'm most interested in seeing how well it can be converted to 8.6 Blackout.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Has there been pricing released for the standard models?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Negative and only one member here knows, but he isn’t saying
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not yet.  The NGSW Limited Edition models havent seen the market yet (awaiting NFA Forms to dealers).

The production versions aren't far behind.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not yet.  The NGSW Limited Edition models havent seen the market yet (awaiting NFA Forms to dealers).

The production versions aren't far behind.
View Quote

Is it safe to say that the civilian Spear (non collector version) and Raptor should be around the same time frame?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

$4299 MSRP but expect street pricing to be lower.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

$4299 MSRP but expect street pricing to be lower.
View Quote

And where did you see that?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#19]
That seems pretty lofty if true.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#20]
If you watch the video/ interview by TFB, it will give you a general idea on MSRP. Wasn’t even close to $4299.00.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you watch the video/ interview by TFB, it will give you a general idea on MSRP. Wasn’t even close to $4299.00.
View Quote

So what was it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#22]
About the price of the rattler plus 20% is what I gathered. It was a good video if you haven’t seen it. I just watched it again and he actually said it would be competitively priced to the MCX line.

https://youtu.be/p6iy1TSolGQ
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Coregon, maybe you could answer this.

Was the Raptor developed at the request of a military unit like the MCX and Rattler?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Any confirmed updates on this?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#25]
So when will the Raptor be released, any updates on this?
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#26]
No update.  The standard size commercial variant hasn't released.  The Raptor won't come until after that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:04:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No update.  The standard size commercial variant hasn't released.  The Raptor won't come until after that.
View Quote

Thank you Coregon.

Still slated for sometime this year?

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Coregon,

Any update that you can pass along?
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Coregon,

View Quote

No update.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 12:38:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Coregon,

View Quote

Just chillax and save your $$$. Your gonna need it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Just chillax and save your $$$. Your gonna need it.
View Quote

I have the money, I just need to get this before my libtard state passes an AWB, which is next on their agenda. Every fricken thing they push to violate our 2A rights passes, even with all the opposition we had this year.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have the money, I just need to get this before my libtard state passes an AWB, which is next on their agenda. Every fricken thing they push to violate our 2A rights passes, even with all the opposition we had this year.
View Quote

Though I understand that, it doesn’t appear that coregon has a history of spilling the beans on product releases before the official press release from Sig (other than some vague details of “somethings coming”, etc.). So asking him twice a month for updates seems a little excessive to me. I’m sure he probably has a decent idea on when they’ll be for sale to the unwashed masses, but he also (again, I assume) likes keeping his job which means not giving out unreleased confidential information to strangers on the internet.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Though I understand that, it doesn’t appear that coregon has a history of spilling the beans on product releases before the official press release from Sig (other than some vague details of “somethings coming”, etc.). So asking him twice a month for updates seems a little excessive to me. I’m sure he probably has a decent idea on when they’ll be for sale to the unwashed masses, but he also (again, I assume) likes keeping his job which means not giving out unreleased confidential information to strangers on the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I give you guys what I can, when I can.  

But, it's hard for me to look my employees in the face and tell them the consequences for leaking information, when they can come here and read what I write
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:10:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I give you guys what I can, when I can.  

But, it's hard for me to look my employees in the face and tell them the consequences for leaking information, when they can come here and read what I write
View Quote

I totally understand. I guess I just get a little impatient given the current climate we are in and my States politics. Moving is not an option currently.

Hopefully it will be in my “Christmas stocking 2022”. lol
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I totally understand. I guess I just get a little impatient given the current climate we are in and my States politics. Moving is not an option currently.

Hopefully it will be in my “Christmas stocking 2022”. lol
View Quote

And don’t take my post as an insult. I’m looking forward to the release of the Raptor too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And don’t take my post as an insult. I’m looking forward to the release of the Raptor too.
View Quote

Not at all
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:07:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Bumps it up
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
With as short and handy as the Raptor is, I think I'm most interested in seeing how well it can be converted to 8.6 Blackout.
View Quote

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey Coregon, in regards to that civilian Spear we're discussing here, can you ballpark the price for us? $ 7,995.00 is no bueno.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hey Coregon, in regards to that civilian Spear we're discussing here, can you ballpark the price for us? $ 7,995.00 is no bueno.
View Quote

$7,995 was the Limited Edition model price - which was the ACTUAL NGSW configuration (sans select fire lower) + the NGSW silencer (only available on this model).  I actually argued we could have sold them for more (to the dealers who received) - and it turns out, I was right about that

The commercial variant(s) will be in line with their comptetition - SCAR-H, LWRC, etc.  But, they wont be as expensive as a SR25.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

$7,995 was the Limited Edition model price - which was the ACTUAL NGSW configuration (sans select fire lower) + the NGSW silencer (only available on this model).  I actually argued we could have sold them for more (to the dealers who received) - and it turns out, I was right about that

The commercial variant(s) will be in line with their comptetition - SCAR-H, LWRC, etc.  But, they wont be as expensive as a SR25.
View Quote

Coregon,

Not sure if this information is out or just not released yet but is there a release date? what calibers and barrels lengths etc?
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Coregon,

Not sure if this information is out or just not released yet but is there a release date? what calibers and barrels lengths etc?
View Quote

It's set internally, but wont publish it until time.  

The Spear will be in 6.5CM, 308 and 277/6.8.  Variants will determine caliber (example - there probably wont be a 6.5CM version of the Raptor, etc).
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks man, that's good info!
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Spear will be in 6.5CM, 308 and 277/6.8.  Variants will determine caliber (example - there probably wont be a 6.5CM version of the Raptor, etc).
View Quote

Has there been any testing done with an 8” barreled Raptor in 277? Curious about  muzzle velocity at that length.

Or is it strictly gonna be a 7.62 model?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Has there been any testing done with an 8” barreled Raptor in 277? Curious about  muzzle velocity at that length.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Extensive.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#46]
@coregon

Thanks for the reply, have the velocity numbers for the raptor been made public yet?

I’d love to read up on what the 277 will do in a shorter barrel, everything I can find is with a much longer barrel.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@coregon

Thanks for the reply, have the velocity numbers for the raptor been made public yet?

I’d love to read up on what the 277 will do in a shorter barrel, everything I can find is with a much longer barrel.

View Quote

No, they havent.  8" with hybrid ammo exceeds 16" with standard ammo, in other calibers.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Thank you for the response @coregon
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No, they havent.  8" with hybrid ammo exceeds 16" with standard ammo, in other calibers.
View Quote

Other calibers, as in other large frame calibers such as 308?  Wasn’t sure if you were referring to AR15 or AR10 based calibers.  I drew my own conclusions, but didn’t want to assume.

Thanks for sharing what you can.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Any updates on the Raptor?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top