Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2020 10:14:44 AM EDT
Maybe Coregon or someone elese can chime in on this, but I was able to purchase the MCX Rattler deflector from Sig Sauer in anticipation of removing the forward assist for a "quasi" Rattler look.  When I called Sig to purchase the remaining parts:  Deflector insert, roll pin, screws, the Sig rep told me he couldn't sell me those parts becasue they are only "armorer level" replacement components.  I explained to the rep that I attended the Sig MCX armorer's course but he still wouldn't sell the necessary parts.  Anyone have another option to obtain the remaining items?

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I've found that calling back and talking to a different rep will often get you what you need.
That said, Midwest Gunworks often has small little parts like that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jcinwa:
I've found that calling back and talking to a different rep will often get you what you need.
View Quote

Me too! I called in once and got a "no" answer on a barrel. Called back a few days later and "what credit card will you be using?" YMMV

I would think that attending the MCX Armorers course would qualify you for purchase. Maybe ask to speak with a Sup.? Nicely...
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Just an update on converting the MCX Virtus without a forward assist. I could not get Sig Sauer to sell me the remaining components (metal insert, roll pin). In speaking with a Sig rep I deal with, he suggested removing the current insert and tranferring it to the Rattler deflector. Lo and behold the parts are interchangable so the only part you actually need is the plastic deflector housing and move the insert and pin over. Just use a vise with rubber jaw protects and a 3/32 punch to drive the pin out.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top