Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2018 4:01:04 PM EDT
So CDNN had a decent sale running on a few items and I picked up one of these at the same time:
Link
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Markings on the Sig parts the bag are:
1702287-R
Trigger assy, Euro
Made in United States

Can I use this with a milspec Hammer and Disconnector?

What's the point of the hinging tip?

What did Sig put these in originally?
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it would lengthen the reset.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
For what it's worth, the hinged tip floats, without a spring. Not sure how it interacts with the components to reset.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For what it's worth, the hinged tip floats, without a spring. Not sure how it interacts with the components to reset.
View Quote
It would have no effect on trigger pull if you look at the range of articulation.  It would hinge when the trigger was resetting and engage later than a standard trigger.  Perhaps the weenies in Europe no like a short reset?
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I remember testing these. For the life of me, I can't really remember what they were for.

ETA: Right as I hit submit, I think I remember. I believe they were part of a 516 F/A fire control group that allowed the gun to go on safe with the hammer down.
View Quote
Ah, that makes sense.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I became the Guinea pig on this.

The "hinged tip" does not float. The standard trigger spring applies upward tension to hold it up to engage the hammer.

I installed the "SIG Sauer Euro" trigger into a test fixture with standard GI FCG parts.

It functions like a standard Mil Spec FCG EXCEPT... you can, in fact, engage the safety while the hammer is cocked AND engage the safety with the hammer in the fired position!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I became the Guinea pig on this.

The "hinged tip" does not float. The standard trigger spring applies upward tension to hold it up to engage the hammer.

I installed the "SIG Sauer Euro" trigger into a test fixture with standard GI FCG parts.

It functions like a standard Mil Spec FCG EXCEPT... you can, in fact, engage the safety while the hammer is cocked AND engage the safety with the hammer in the fired position!
View Quote
Thanks for test fitting. I've got a LaRue Trigger jig I was going to do the same thing with but just haven't had time.  Makes sense now that you describe the hammer springs interaction with the floating tip.

Kind of an odd ball modification but I'd assume some major buyer asked for it so Sig accommodated the request.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top