Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2019 9:19:01 PM EDT
I have a .300 rattler pistol, I would like to get a 5.56 upper with about a 10” barrel. May I ask what is compatible and where to find them?

I saw that there was a shorty 5.56 rattler branded upper, but they are nowhere to be found.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#1]
You would need either a complete MCX/Virtus upper to put on your existing lower or a non-Rattler BCG and MCX/Virtus barrel for your current Rattler upper. If you go the latter route, you’d need to find a Rattler-specific handguard that is long enough to cover more of the barrel.

The Rattler, [legacy] MCX, and Virtus chassis (“uppers”) have different formats and their respective handguards are not interchangeable across platforms. The Rattler BCG (recoil assembly, not the bolt) is different from the MCX/Virtus and would have to be swapped with barrel changes if you tried to use the same upper. *ETA: MCX and Virtus bolts are also different and should be used with their respective barrels; but if you buy a new barrel kit, it will come with the proper bolt.

Much of this is covered in the Rattler and Virtus threads in this sub-forum.

Also, Sig does not appear to offer a 10” MCX/Virtus barrel but does offer a 11.5. Sig sells individual Virtus components separately, so you could piece together a solution that works for your goals and budget, or you could buy a complete upper kit that will also come with everything you need to adapt the system to a standard AR lower.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
This is great info, thank you.  I have perused the other threads, but is couldn’t figure out for certain what parts could work.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
You exactly need:

Midwest suppressor handguard 10” for rattler
Sig 11.5 barrel, tapered bolt style
MCX Recoil. Assembly.

I run this on my rattler all day long.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You exactly need:

Midwest suppressor handguard 10” for rattler
Sig 11.5 barrel, tapered bolt style
MCX Recoil. Assembly.

I run this on my rattler all day long.
View Quote
Yep this is what you need. I went a step further and purchased a carrier. A new bolt came with my 11.5 barrel. All I need now is a firing pin and spring. Then I will have a complete bolt setup for my 5.56 barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top