Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/4/2018 6:27:24 PM EDT
I am not affiliated by neither one of these two companies.  I was just surfing the web and found this:

FCU

B&T

It’s finally nice that this pistol is starting to get some aftermarket support. My only dilemma is which one should I get. Should I just go the Arfcom way and get both?

Glock USW!!!!!

9/18

New player in town.
Flux Defence

THEY HAVE A HOLSTER TOO!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the look of the FCU, but $500 is a steep price. The BT is not as nice looking as their USW either.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#3]
So has anyone decided to SBR a P320 yet?
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So has anyone decided to SBR a P320 yet?
View Quote
I'm doing one.  I've got the form 1 all filled out but I won't get out for prints and pics until next week.  I ended up guessing on the OAL but I may have that info by the time I'm ready to mail it off.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Also needs a cutout for the manual safety version. No way I'd carry a stocked weapon without a thumb safety. Plus then I could easily see those stocks making it onto mil issued M17s
View Quote
I agree completely.  My P320 is the manual safety version and I'll be modifying the grip module to accommodate it, B&T says that will work.  They also said they expect to be importing a factory version to accommodate the safety later this year.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll be more impressed when companies start making an actual bolt instead of using the pistol slide.

What the B&T misses is a way to move the optic off the slide.

Needs to have the optic mount on the rear like the universal service weapon.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/RJW_2315-660x474.jpg

Also needs a cutout for the manual safety version. No way I'd carry a stocked weapon without a thumb safety. Plus then I could easily see those stocks making it onto mil issued M17s
View Quote
Good point about the safety. I have been thinking of pick up a 320 to put in a stock chassis. You saved me from buying the wrong model.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a tacops carry with the threaded barrel and the 4 mags to get milled for an rmr and another compact with the manual safety to piece together a manual safety tacops for the B&T stock I already preordered from tarheel. As soon as the MS model comes in next week  the f1 will go out. Total was about 1,200 for both after ffl fees, but at least this way I get two modular guns and those 21rd mags are stupid expensive. 4 21rd mags, threaded barrel and suppressor sights would have run about $450, so just getting the whole tacops for ~650 was an easy call.

got the rmr, x300 and an omega 9k just waiting in the wings.

this thread made me get the manual safety model for the FCU, I didn't even think about that.

i'll probably end up with a USW as well. Stupid nfa stuff.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I picked up a tacops carry with the threaded barrel and the 4 mags to get milled for an rmr and another compact with the manual safety to piece together a manual safety tacops for the B&T stock I already preordered from tarheel. As soon as the MS model comes in next week  the f1 will go out. Total was about 1,200 for both after ffl fees, but at least this way I get two modular guns and those 21rd mags are stupid expensive. 4 21rd mags, threaded barrel and suppressor sights would have run about $450, so just getting the whole tacops for ~650 was an easy call.

got the rmr, x300 and an omega 9k just waiting in the wings.

this thread made me get the manual safety model for the FCU, I didn't even think about that.

i'll probably end up with a USW as well. Stupid nfa stuff.
View Quote
My Form 1 is going out today.  The overall length with stock extended is 18.3" according to B&T (you'll need that for the Form 1).  That's with the compact slide.

Who are you using to mill for the RMR?
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 8:12:51 AM EDT
[#9]
My plan is to list the SBR length as that of the full-sized pistol. That way if I get rid of the stocked grip module, I could just throw a forward grip on the pistol and still be legally good to go. I always understood that it was okay to go up in size on an SBR, but not down in size, at least permanently.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My Form 1 is going out today.  The overall length with stock extended is 18.3" according to B&T (you'll need that for the Form 1).  That's with the compact slide.

Who are you using to mill for the RMR?
View Quote
Jagerwerks, I've heard nothing but good things, and it is only 125 for the service.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Jagerwerks, I've heard nothing but good things, and it is only 125 for the service.
View Quote
Thanks.  Their name comes up a lot and you're right, good reviews abound
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My plan is to list the SBR length as that of the full-sized pistol. That way if I get rid of the stocked grip module, I could just throw a forward grip on the pistol and still be legally good to go. I always understood that it was okay to go up in size on an SBR, but not down in size, at least permanently.
View Quote
I haven't decided on a configuration yet, I'm going to wait until I have see the stock in person.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Where do you do the engraving?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:53:03 AM EDT
[#15]
yes, both:

Link Posted: 5/18/2018 1:12:40 AM EDT
[#16]
On the frame (I.e. the new stock part). Preorder I'm on has free sbr engraving with stock purchase.

ETA: just dropped my form 1 in the mail
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Also, with the FCU one, you have to pay an extra $50 for the “I’m going to run suppressed model”. Also,  if you have a compact slide, you need swap the compact threaded barrel for a full size threaded barrel...uh...how about no.

$450 with no stock
$50 for “suppressor friendly” model
$$$$ for MCX stock
$200 for stamp
$75 for engraving

I think the B&T is the way to go...

But...who says the NFA game is cheap...it isn’t.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the B&T model much better. It actually makes me want to go out and buy a P320 to sbr.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I wish it was also possible to do it with the 45...im looking to suppress the 45 with a cut down full-size barrel to compact threaded size...I wonder if that possible.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#20]
advertising deleted
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
advertising deleted
View Quote
Do a Beretta APX model and I'll maybe be interested... :)
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:20:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#23]
advertising deleted
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
advertising deleted
View Quote
Friendly advice, if it's straight blowback I'm not interested, and I suspect I'm similar to a target customer. Once you compare a roller locked or properly delayed blowback gun, it's night and day. There is absolutely room in the market for a modular gun that accepts a fire control group.... Like a modular B&T TP9. Something like that would market-kill. A straight blowback "just make my pistol bigger and recoil sharper" is going be really niche and not have the appeal of other options that do recoil and suppress better. At the end of the day, all we'd be getting here is the ability to not get locked into a specific "frame" of a gun, if it's just a more expensive blowback gun then I don't get the point. Just my opinion on the topic.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Scorpions seem to sell well as a straight blowback
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Friendly advice, if it's straight blowback I'm not interested, and I suspect I'm similar to a target customer. Once you compare a roller locked or properly delayed blowback gun, it's night and day. There is absolutely room in the market for a modular gun that accepts a fire control group.... Like a modular B&T TP9. Something like that would market-kill. A straight blowback "just make my pistol bigger and recoil sharper" is going be really niche and not have the appeal of other options that do recoil and suppress better. At the end of the day, all we'd be getting here is the ability to not get locked into a specific "frame" of a gun, if it's just a more expensive blowback gun then I don't get the point. Just my opinion on the topic.
Lots of blowback guns seem to be doing just fine. I his opinion doesn’t exactly match up with the market.

Being that a huge portion bases most of their decisions solely on cost it’s no surprise we have so many blowback guns.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It does. Selling well isn't really a metric I interest myself with. The EVO sells well because of extremely cheap eastern European labor, an inexpensive design, and a company that knows when they have a hit to make it happen (take a lesson Walther!). The Evo sells better than the quality of firearm it is. It's cheap and pretty reliable, I have no quams or quandaries with why it's popular. I owned one.

And once you shoot one compared directly to a delayed gun like an MP5... well, I did, and had to sell the Evo immediately. It's just physics, that much reciprocating mass will mean a lot of recoil. Not that I can't handle it, but I did enough cadence drills to see that the EVO was hands down slower than my MP5, strictly because of the amount of recoil. Shooting suppressed, the EVO has a lot of port noise in my strong side ear, compared to the MP5 it's straight up loud.

Sold the EVO bought an APC9. Exact same issues with the APC9, probably going to sell that too. UMP is effectively the same thing, probably won't get a clone of that (and would never pay the $3k it takes to get one that says HK on the side!). Kriss isn't for me. My Gen1 MPX didn't suppress well, and I don't believe many Gen2s do either, I'm not really interested in finding the one true load to use in a gun. IDK, maybe I'm just annoyed there is no goldilocks gun.

I'm just saying that I can promise with rise of suppressors, people are starting to figure out that a lot of guns don't suppress well. With the rise of MP5 clones, people are seeing just how smooth a 9mm carbine can be. If I were designing a gun today, I'd keep both of these aspects top and center during the process. If I was making a gun based on the P320 FCG, I'd make a modular TP9 with some form of delayed blowback. But... What do I know!?

Being that a huge portion bases most of their decisions solely on cost it’s no surprise we have so many blowback guns.
Agreed. Except look at the B&T Guns, the MP5 clones, all the special stuff, it's CLEAR there is a market for good things and people that will bear the price. In terms of this topic, FCU already has the cheap model.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#28]
You said blowback would be niche. We obviously disagree.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Slide is back from jagerwerks, great work on their part and faster than I expected, Black nitride slide.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#30]
The usw is glorious, and engraving from tarheel looked great. Now just waiting on stamp.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:23:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The usw is glorious, and engraving from tarheel looked great. Now just waiting on stamp.
View Quote
Mine came in last Monday and I agree, very nice package and I'm really looking forward to getting this completed.  I think Tarheel did a very good job on this, given the fact that B&T kind of stung them along.  Communication was good and the engraving was well done.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#32]
@Battlecloth

Did you get it assembled and to the range?  Please share your thoughts on it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
@Battlecloth

Did you get it assembled and to the range?  Please share your thoughts on it.
View Quote
Won't be getting it together or out to the range with it until after my Form 1 comes back.  Probably December - January.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
advertising deleted.
View Quote
Do you have any pictures, etas, etc of the X02 and other ilk?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:56:42 AM EDT
[#35]
It looks like our northern cousins are a little ahead of us with the B&T P320 PDW.  Not much here but the review is positive.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1686609-B-amp-T-AG-USW-320-Upgrade-Chassis!/page2?s=bdc7cb77d499312dc20e0f69ef3d99f2
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Where do you do the engraving?
View Quote
Only the serial has to be on metal and it already is.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't believe there's an actual requirement for the SN to be on metal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only the serial has to be on metal and it already is.  
I don't believe there's an actual requirement for the SN to be on metal.
"As such, ATF has required manufacturers and importers who use polymer plastic frames to mark serial numbers in a steel plate embedded within the plastic"

https://www.atf.gov/file/57906/download

They wouldn't be imbedding steel plates in their guns if it wasn't required.  I guess as a maker you could get away with it if you were making a firearm from scratch.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Interesting. That sentence is down in the comments, bit in the ruling. I know the "not readily altered or removed" wording existing, but I still don't see the steel plate portion in an actual regulation anywhere. Have you seen it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"As such, ATF has required manufacturers and importers who use polymer plastic frames to mark serial numbers in a steel plate embedded within the plastic"

https://www.atf.gov/file/57906/download

They wouldn't be imbedding steel plates in their guns if it wasn't required.  I guess as a maker you could get away with it if you were making a firearm from scratch.
Interesting. That sentence is down in the comments, bit in the ruling. I know the "not readily altered or removed" wording existing, but I still don't see the steel plate portion in an actual regulation anywhere. Have you seen it?
It's not in any of the regs that I can find.  But from that comment they've been telling manufacturers and importers to do it for a long time.  VP70 is probably the oldest firearm that could apply to, do you know if it has a steel plate embedded in the frame?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's not in any of the regs that I can find.  But from that comment they've been telling manufacturers and importers to do it for a long time.  VP70 is probably the oldest firearm that could apply to, do you know if it has a steel plate embedded in the frame?
View Quote
The VP70Z I have has the SN on the barrel (over the chamber) and on the slide only. Similarly, my KG9 and early KG99 both have the SN engraved into the plastic only.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Mac's out with a video on the B&T USW, the P320 stocked grip and the new one for the Glock.

If you're using the manual safety version of the P320 like I am it looks like we're going to have to modify the stock for the safety as well as the grip frame itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91R-q6WSVo
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The VP70Z I have has the SN on the barrel (over the chamber) and on the slide only. Similarly, my KG9 and early KG99 both have the SN engraved into the plastic only.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting, so it looks like they made it a requirement sometime in the 80s.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Australian AUG, I forget the name, the ATF wouldn't let them classify the plastic frame as the frame or something since it has no metal for serial number. There is also the "gun must have metal enough to detect with metal detector", but since I think that's total gun, I don't think it applies to just the frame.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Need to find out when that holster he had in the video is available, or if he was just using the USW holster.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Need to find out when that holster he had in the video is available, or if he was just using the USW holster.
View Quote
read my mind. What was the light he was running? I am not current in the tactical illumination world
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 3:34:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Light was the B&T branded inforce apl, I've also seen them use the TLR-7 on their booth guns. Some lights interfere with the stock, so they have to have a kind of thin profile. I'm waiting on holster to pick a light.

Stolen from internet:
https://inforce-mil.com/products/pistol-lights/

Trl-7 https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/tlr-7
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you're using the manual safety version of the P320 like I am it looks like we're going to have to modify the stock for the safety as well as the grip frame itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91R-q6WSVo
View Quote
In his video he mentioned a specific chassis model for the M17 with manual safety?
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

In his video he mentioned a specific chassis model for the M17 with manual safety?
View Quote
That’s correct.  The one they’re currently selling here in the US doesn’t have the cutout for the manual safety.  I spoke to B&T before buying my chassis and they said they will be bringing in the M17 version eventually.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Light was the B&T branded inforce apl, I've also seen them use the TLR-7 on their booth guns. Some lights interfere with the stock, so they have to have a kind of thin profile. I'm waiting on holster to pick a light.

Stolen from internet:
https://inforce-mil.com/products/pistol-lights/

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/0D3E3D8F-5A3A-4CFA-82A0-6A54B96659A7-703333.jpg

Trl-7 https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/tlr-7
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/4BBE21CC-EB6A-48A5-B9B7-82F30705E832-703334.jpg
View Quote
I've got the TRL-7.  It's a well made light and thin enough that it doesn't interfere with the stock at all.  I also like that it can be locked out with a twist of the head.  I would think the controls would be a stretch if you have small hands so I'd definitely try before you buy if you can.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top