Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2019 12:15:22 PM EDT
I wanted to post this as I could only find archived threads on the subject: https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Looking_for_pics_of_MPX_scout_mounts/45-461581/?

My MPX started with a decent but cheap Streamlight ProTac and a Daniel Defense offset pic rail. Not the most compact set up but it worked. The Streamlight is pretty decent considering price and accessories included.

The DD mount is really for an RDS or BUIS but it worked. Its a 5 slot rail and held the light in a decent position but stuck out farther than I like. It was also pretty wide for my case.

So I've always had a Scout 300 in mind and snagged one on sale for a great price. Since I was upgrading I figured it was time to do something about the mount. In my searches I found some OK options and some mis-information (can you believe that?). The best option seemed to be the KAC Keymod Surefire Scout Light Mount. So I ordered one and installed it. Close but not really. It works fine if you hang the light down at 8 o'clock but not up at 10 o'clock. That raised bump on the Sig handguard interferes ever so slightly with the mount. I am sure it would work fine but it's not right IMO. So I started looking at the other light mounts in my safe. Turns out the Daniel Defense KeyMod Offset Scout Light Mount is just the ticket! This is probably one of the least popular offset mounts I see because who would order this from DD unless you have a DD KeyMod rifle? (like me). So the KAC went on the DD v11 LW. The DD actually works better so I'll have to order another.

Now the light is much closer and compact. Its position in relation to the muzzle blast is less ideal but I'll trade that for a slimmer profile.

And while I was there I decided to do something with the screw holes left open when you remove the Surefire pic rail mount.

The holes are tapped 4-40 and I found some .125" button head screws in 18-8 SS with black oxide coating.

Now to do something about the trigger...
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Helpful info.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top