Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2020 2:19:21 PM EDT
Does anyone have a set of OEM MPX flip-up sights they can measure for me?

I have a Gen 2 gun and it DID NOT come with flip-ups. I bought a set but I am pretty sure they are for the 556/MCX. I can't get the front sight post low enough to get a good zero.I'm still 1.5~2" low at 25 yards.

I would think Sig would just shorten the FSP but maybe the body/mount is lower as well!? My post is roughly .296" tall.

Anyone know the deal here?

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
you could try a .270 post?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 12:52:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GraniteStateMike:
you could try a .270 post?
View Quote

Well my post is .296 so even if I was spot on with my measurement I don't think .001" is going to get me anywhere. Did you mean .267? I found one from DPMS.

FORS right? Front Opposite, Rear Same. My front sight is buried and I still need to come up 1.5-2" at 25 yards. That means I need to go down further to bring the POI up right?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
hundreds of an inch make a much bigger difference at distance. how much difference would be dependent on your sight radius, height over bore and distance from target. Unfortunately I got my MPX Gen I without Irons. My red dot is spot on though. When I had BUIS on it they were zeroed horizontally but I think I was a few inches low at 25 as well. which didn't bother me because they were still minute of man, and within 25 Yards "good enough."

These Days the MPX is a range toy/close range on steel rifle substitute and I have an SBR 300 BLK serving home duty. so the MPX doesn't even have iron sights on it anymore
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
mine are same, eta: I've never zeroed the irons on mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
From the nice people at Sig Customer Service...

"The MPX uses a short post front sight.  Brownell’s sells short posts, you can grind down the front post on a standard AR15 sight set, and there is a company called BOBRO Engineering and they make a Lowrider front sight specifically for pistol caliber carbines.
The part number was SIGHTSET-FLIP-MPX."

Just checked out the Bobro set: http://www.bobroengineering.com/BUIS-SBR-Sights_p_52.html
Says they are .08" lower!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By KaProw:
mine are same, eta: I've never zeroed the irons on mine.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/150595/mpx-sight__2__jpg-1414425.JPG
View Quote

How about a height measurement of the FSP? So from the flat base to the top of the post. It sounds like just the post is shorter, see what Sig CS had to say above.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How about a height measurement of the FSP? So from the flat base to the top of the post. It sounds like just the post is shorter, see what Sig CS had to say above.
View Quote

look like .292"
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:55:37 AM EDT
[#8]

look like .292"
View Quote

Thanks. So that's probably same as mine. I should have mentioned I have a 8" SBR.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks. So that's probably same as mine. I should have mentioned I have a 8" SBR.
View Quote

mine is 4.5" factory SBR
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]

mine is 4.5" factory SBR
View Quote

Thanks. If you ever get around to zeroing your irons I'd be interested in the results. I think I'm going to buy a spare FSP and experiment with shortening it.

@GraniteStateMike I hear you. I have a SPARC II on this gun and never really use the irons but I'm old school and still put BUIS on most of my guns. I also use my MPX as a trainer for people who haven't shot a gun before. The 9mm report and recoil is easier for noobs. I take off the RDS so they can learn to aim with irons. Anyone can hit stuff with a RDS that's sighted properly. I agree with your "minute of man" concept but a common expectation is POA/POI, certainly within 25 yards. If I handed this weapon to someone new to guns or unfamiliar with the platform, trying to explain how it shoots low and "just holdover" gets confusing. If every Sig MPX out there was like this I'd be OK with it. It drives me crazy that there is a whole bunch of early MPX's that had the proper sights on them and can be zeroed at 25 yards.

I have a Canebrake on the way so I may end up trying these on that and see how they work for 300 Blk.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

Thanks. If you ever get around to zeroing your irons I'd be interested in the results. I think I'm going to buy a spare FSP and experiment with shortening it.

@GraniteStateMike I hear you. I have a SPARC II on this gun and never really use the irons but I'm old school and still put BUIS on most of my guns. I also use my MPX as a trainer for people who haven't shot a gun before. The 9mm report and recoil is easier for noobs. I take off the RDS so they can learn to aim with irons. Anyone can hit stuff with a RDS that's sighted properly. I agree with your "minute of man" concept but a common expectation is POA/POI, certainly within 25 yards. If I handed this weapon to someone new to guns or unfamiliar with the platform, trying to explain how it shoots low and "just holdover" gets confusing. If every Sig MPX out there was like this I'd be OK with it. It drives me crazy that there is a whole bunch of early MPX's that had the proper sights on them and can be zeroed at 25 yards.

I have a Canebrake on the way so I may end up trying these on that and see how they work for 300 Blk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

mine is 4.5" factory SBR

Thanks. If you ever get around to zeroing your irons I'd be interested in the results. I think I'm going to buy a spare FSP and experiment with shortening it.

@GraniteStateMike I hear you. I have a SPARC II on this gun and never really use the irons but I'm old school and still put BUIS on most of my guns. I also use my MPX as a trainer for people who haven't shot a gun before. The 9mm report and recoil is easier for noobs. I take off the RDS so they can learn to aim with irons. Anyone can hit stuff with a RDS that's sighted properly. I agree with your "minute of man" concept but a common expectation is POA/POI, certainly within 25 yards. If I handed this weapon to someone new to guns or unfamiliar with the platform, trying to explain how it shoots low and "just holdover" gets confusing. If every Sig MPX out there was like this I'd be OK with it. It drives me crazy that there is a whole bunch of early MPX's that had the proper sights on them and can be zeroed at 25 yards.

I have a Canebrake on the way so I may end up trying these on that and see how they work for 300 Blk.

I only teach irons to kids. if I'm taking an adult shooting for the first time, they get a red dot, irons are like Rifle 104 maybe. If i'm bringing a new person to the range I want them to enjoy shooting off the bat, and that comes from simplicity, safety, and success. In addition to teaching them the mechanics of a firearm in order to be safe, add onto that how to properly line up irons, proper sight picture, consistent head position, focal distance, targets.... no way, way easier to teach them to be safe and how to engage with a red dot first. This is all personal opinion by the way! Honestly I'm setting up a ruger MKIV with a red dot and suppressor to bring new people into shooting handguns. Red Dots are the future, and they make you a better shooter, because they telegraph your bad habits directly into your face before you ever even pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GraniteStateMike:
Red Dots are the future, and they make you a better shooter, because they telegraph your bad habits directly into your face before you ever even pull the trigger.
View Quote

Agreed and good point. Good thing is we are both bringing people to the range and introducing them to shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top