Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2017 8:58:07 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the Radian Raptor charging handle for the Sig MPX.  I just bought the Gen 2 MPX.  Reviews online are sparse. I handled one.  The dealer had one installed on his.  It feels more solid and has an elevator piece that attaches to the recoil springs.  The elevator keeps the more rigid rod from rubbing during the charging process.  The MPX without seems limp and rubs during charging.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I seen it. Looks nice. Looks like a definite improvement but not sure on like a 100% upgrade. Its better than stock for sure
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does anyone have experience with the Radian Raptor charging handle for the Sig MPX.  I just bought the Gen 2 MPX.  Reviews online are sparse. I handled one.  The dealer had one installed on his.  It feels more solid and has an elevator piece that attaches to the recoil springs.  The elevator keeps the more rigid rod from rubbing during the charging process.  The MPX without seems limp and rubs during charging.
View Quote

I have one.  Best 85-90 bucks spent so far.  My factory ambi CH roll pins kept backing out, and were gouging the upper when you let it slam home.  The Radian's roll pins are outside of the upper's boundaries, plus it's solid.  The elevator attachment works well to keep the CH from riding up against the lower also.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Have you shot your new MPX yet? If not I would hold off buying a CH until you feel how shifty the trigger is and get a trigger first. I went with geisselle SD3G trigger and also have the geisselle super charging handle. Both are super sweet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the charging handle.  It works great and reduces the gas to the face when shooting suppressed. Also removes the handle slap to the top of the receiver.   Worth the money.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Honestly, I'd hold off on buying the radian CH. The spring/lifter block is made of aluminum, and the recoil springs gouge into the fitting. The OEM version is steel to prevent this. My MPX is outfitted with the next level lifter block (which is steel) and the Raptor charging handle. The CH itself is good, but Radian needs to fix the spring capture block IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
In my opinion I would leave it alone. I have a gen 1 and the charging handle is fine. These weapons were designed like all other weapons to work with the parts that were originally put in them. You have to remember that the manufacture especially when designing a brand new product like the MPX has thought out all of the parts and their design to render the best results. This also includes the materials used. Leave it factory adding optics, vertical grips and stocks are all modifications that are fine but messing with internals is a gamble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top