User Panel

Site Notices
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 9 of 69)
Page / 69
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By XeroSasEnchros:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/163367/7F60101C-3A9F-49E7-9C09-B416AE462288-394653.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/163367/4E9F4FAE-152D-449F-90D6-E2D8952EBEEB-394654.JPG

I sent my trigger in on the recall. They sent me back a matchlite duo. After the first range trip the hammer has dimples.  I would like insight as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XeroSasEnchros:
Originally Posted By Cops66:
Coregon,

Can you explain what’s going on with the MCX Virtus soft hammer issue? Seems to be getting dimples on the face of the hammer from the firing pin. Was the metal in the hammer purposely made soft to avoid damaging another area of the rifle?
Coregon,

Can you please give some insight on this.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/163367/7F60101C-3A9F-49E7-9C09-B416AE462288-394653.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/163367/4E9F4FAE-152D-449F-90D6-E2D8952EBEEB-394654.JPG

I sent my trigger in on the recall. They sent me back a matchlite duo. After the first range trip the hammer has dimples.  I would like insight as well.
Sorry for my delay, been busy finalizing Christmas stuff.

This "dimpling" you are seeing is in the DLC coating only and shouldn't be a cause for concern.  It doesnt do beyond the coating.  We have triggers with many 10's of thousands of rounds and all is well.

Link Posted: 12/22/2017 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By coregon:

Sorry for my delay, been busy finalizing Christmas stuff.

This "dimpling" you are seeing is in the DLC coating only and shouldn't be a cause for concern.  It doesnt do beyond the coating.  We have triggers with many 10's of thousands of rounds and all is well.

View Quote
Awesome. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone have a detailed picture of a Virtus 9” 300 Blackout barrel?
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone have a detailed picture of a Virtus 9” 300 Blackout barrel?
View Quote
Anyone????
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Here you go, Cops66. I just got the gun today, snapped these quick for you. Is there something specific you’re looking for?

Link Posted: 12/27/2017 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s perfect. Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#7]
So if I am understanding everyone right you can drop the Virtus Xchange kits into a standard MCX? I take it that the changes are in the handguard and rail. Also a Virtus MI rail would fix the gas port placement with future swaps?

So if this is the case why can I get a standard MCX for $1400 and a virtus is over $2k ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KogaShuko:
So if I am understanding everyone right you can drop the Virtus Xchange kits into a standard MCX? I take it that the changes are in the handguard and rail. Also a Virtus MI rail would fix the gas port placement with future swaps?

So if this is the case why can I get a standard MCX for $1400 and a virtus is over $2k ?
View Quote
The price difference between the standard and virtus is what holds me back from buying s virtus. I have the standard 16 inch model and I like it a lot.  The price jump in the virtus isn’t worth it to me so unless they come down I’ll hold off.  I’m actually surprised sig did that with the rocky rollout of the mcx and mixed feedback on how things have been handled. I love the mcx, I just not impressed with sig. also you guys remember how the virtus was released? To me it felt like one day it was the mcx on their website and then the next it was the new “virtus”. I remember be8ng like wtf, I even called sig that day. Either way I hope the virtus is successful and the price comes down alittle. Also uppers and parts become more available and we stop hearing “soon”.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:27:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#9]
deleted
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#10]
So who would like to see a 9” 5.56 barrel for the Virtus? I for one would love to see this happen. Ballistics should be ok and at least better than 5.5” the Rattler is coming with in 5.56. LWRC uses a 8.5” barrel in their PDW and they have excellent results with it.

Sig if you are listening, please make a Virtus 9” barrel in 5.56 that will go with the short PDW hand guard.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#11]
So who would like to see a 9” 5.56 barrel for the Virtus? I for one would love to see this happen. Ballistics should be ok and at least better than 5.5” the Rattler is coming with in 5.56. LWRC uses a 8.5” barrel in their PDW and they have excellent results with it.

Sig if you are listening, please make a Virtus 9” barrel in 5.56 that will go with the short PDW hand guard.

Thank you.
View Quote
Sure. The Sig SG552/Swiss Arms SG553 have an 8.9" barrel, and the HK G36C has a 9.0" barrel. So, why not?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#12]
After reading more about the bolts this kind of worries me. It is a very good chance that after someone does a caliber conversion with the new bolts that at some point they will put their old barrel back on. They would both have 556 printed on them and render an unsafe condition. Does anyone else think if they drastically redesign the bolts like this to create this condition that they should have offered a barrel and bolt swap with the original recall?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#13]
After reading more about the bolts this kind of worries me. It is a very good chance that after someone does a caliber conversion with the new bolts that at some point they will put their old barrel back on. They would both have 556 printed on them and render an unsafe condition. Does anyone else think if they drastically redesign the bolts like this to create this condition that they should have offered a barrel and bolt swap with the original recall?
View Quote
You concerns are valid and understood.  However, using the incorrect bolt/barrel combo will not render an unsafe condition, as they will not go into battery with the improper bolt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#14]
You concerns are valid and understood.  However, using the incorrect bolt/barrel combo will not render an unsafe condition, as they will not go into battery with the improper bolt.
View All Quotes
To me it's no different than dealing with 300BO and 556.  If you aren't with it enough to ensure the proper parts are in place, or caliber in my example, you should probably reassess yourself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 8:34:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Top_Secret] [#15]

Thank you.
View Quote
9" 5.56?

Link Posted: 1/18/2018 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Top_Secret:

9" 5.56?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10878/80157.JPG
View Quote
Yes you got one of the original MCX’s that came with a 9” 5.56 and 300 blackout barrel. To bad they decided to drop 9” for 5.56 and just go with 11.5”. Be nice to have both options available.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Interestingly Sig is making a 9” 5.56 offering for Mil/LE.

I was lucky enough to get one of the Cabelas set ups as well. Always looking for another...

Top Secret, please let me know if you ever get the urge to sell yours.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 7:28:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#18]
You sure about that? I am LE and have been trying to find one through Sig and a Sig LE dealer and they all say it is not available.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 12:44:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Toyz] [#19]
Here’s a Link
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 9:49:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#20]
Originally Posted By Mr_Toyz:
Here’s a Link
View Quote
I think that is incorrect information. Sig has never released a MCX 5.56 9” SBR. They were listed in the price sheet as 9” SBR’s but when they were finally released, they had changed to 11.5” barrels and the 9” never made it to the market. The only 9” barrels in 5.56 that ever made it to the market was the first ones with the self regulating piston that Cabela’s offered as a pistol with a combo 9” 300 Blackout barrel.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I think that is incorrect information. Sig has never released a MCX 5.56 9” SBR. They were listed in the price sheet as 9” SBR’s but when they were finally released, they had changed to 11.5” barrels and the 9” never made it to the market. The only 9” barrels in 5.56 that ever made it to the market was the first ones with the self regulating piston that Cabela’s offered as a pistol with a combo 9” 300 Blackout barrel.
View All Quotes
Here’s a Link
Whatever they have pictured definitely isn't a Cabela's gun. Those all had self-adjusting gas.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Top_Secret:

Whatever they have pictured definitely isn't a Cabela's gun. Those all had self-adjusting gas.
View Quote
It’s probably an old advertising picture of the original 9” 5.56 SBR that never made it to the consumer market and it was changed to 11.5” when they finally did.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 1:39:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Toyz] [#23]
No it’s not an auto adjusting gas system it’s the 2 position.
This info was given to me by Coregon so I’m guessing it’s the real deal. Again Mil/LE only.

I want another auto adjustment 2 barrel kit. Short of that my hope is that with the trend toward shorter 5.56 barrels, Sig will release these 9” models as pistols again.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 1:51:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#24]
No it’s not an auto adjusting gas system it’s the 2 position.
This info was given to me by Coregon so I’m guessing it’s the real deal. Again Mil/LE only.

I want another auto adjustment 2 barrel kit. Short of that my hope is that with the trend toward shorter 5.56 barrels, Sig will release these 9” models as pistols again.
View Quote
I would love a 9” 5.56 barrel with the new heavier profile. That would be awesome if Sig would make that seeing that other manufacturers are doing 7.5” to 9” with good results. I know Sig will be offering the 5.5” 5.56 barrel for the rattler but I really have no interest in that one. Heard it will only have like a 2000 round barrel life.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 2:23:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Toyz] [#25]
I’ve got chrono the data from my LR on my 9” MCX and other platforms in 14.5” and 16”. I’ll try and remember to post that in a separate thread.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I’ve got chrono the data from my LR on my 9” MCX and other platforms in 14.5” and 16”. I’ll try and remember to post that in a separate thread.
View Quote
If you do, please drop a link in here so we don't miss it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I am looking at picking up the Factory 11.5 5.56 MCX Virtus SBR, with the intent of also picking up the 9" 300 Blackout barrel.

Does anyone have insight into the availability of the shorter MLOK handguard necessary to install on the rifle to match the 300 blackout config, or what the proper way to do this would be?

also, looking to get a 16" (or 14.5") 5.56 barrel as well, same question, how do you get the "appropriate" handguard.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#28]
The shorter 8.5” MLOK hand guards are available and have seen them for sale on Gunbroker at some descent prices.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#29]

I think that is incorrect information. Sig has never released a MCX 5.56 9" SBR. They were listed in the price sheet as 9" SBR's but when they were finally released, they had changed to 11.5" barrels and the 9" never made it to the market. The only 9" barrels in 5.56 that ever made it to the market was the first ones with the self regulating piston that Cabela's offered as a pistol with a combo 9" 300 Blackout barrel.
View Quote
There are some of these still around:

WRMCX-9B-TFSAL-SBR
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
Yeah, the old bolt will not go into battery w/ the new extension/barrel. Ask my dumb self how I know... Also, I now have an old bolt with a chip on one of the lugs...
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#31]
The 9" SBR is AWESOME!!!! I want one
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 2:44:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Preordered an upper. Will it come with a taper adaptor so I can use a different flash hider?
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By vandal:
Preordered an upper. Will it come with a taper adaptor so I can use a different flash hider?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Where did u preorder from? I keep calling sig le dealers about 2018 pricing and they still don’t have it from sig yet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Kgknight1037:
Where did u preorder from? I keep calling sig le dealers about 2018 pricing and they still don’t have it from sig yet.
View All Quotes
Commercial dealers have had pricing for 60+ days.  He may have ordered through one of these dealers.

LE dealers are on a completely separate program (though, it could be the same dealer that is on both a commercial and LE program) and is, usually, slightly behind the commercial price list.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Okay thank you
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I ordered through OpticsPlanet since I had a discount code, but they cancelled my order today under some shipping restriction policy. I'm in CA but we can still have uppers!

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 6:47:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cops66] [#38]
Optics Planet was way cheaper than what Sig could get it for me and I received a 10% LEO discount.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 3:18:03 AM EDT
[#39]
I just ordered a virtus 300 pistol, in the pics it looks as if sig went with a more vertical grip? Is this correct?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ORBushmasta:
I just ordered a virtus 300 pistol, in the pics it looks as if sig went with a more vertical grip? Is this correct?
View Quote
I just got the 300 pistol myself about a month ago. The new grip seems thinner and slightly more vertical than the one on the original MCX. It doesn’t have that hump at the bottom. It’s about the same angle as a Magpul MOE grip. I wanted a little more vertical, so I installed a Magpul K2, which also gives me a little better trigger finger placement, since it has more backstrap than the SIG grip.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Just playing around in the shop and with configs on a rainy Saturday

Rattler chassis, 9" 300BO, SRD762 silencer, Romeo1, PEQ15, Midwest Ind Rattler SD rail

Attachment Attached File

Rattler chassis, 6.75" 300BO, SRD761 silencer, Romeo1, PEQ15, Midwest Ind Rattler SD rail

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:56:25 AM EDT
[#42]
I run BCM or Magpul K2 bc I like the vertical angle. Is it possible for you to post pictures comparing the two?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:40:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpaceGhostGun] [#43]
Originally Posted By ORBushmasta:
I run BCM or Magpul K2 bc I like the vertical angle. Is it possible for you to post pictures comparing the two?
View Quote
Here you go, ORBushmasta. I’ve got the Magpul K2 installed and some pics comparing it to the original SIG OEM grip as well as a BCM Mod 0.

Magpul K2 Grip

K2 vs SIG OEM

K2 vs SIG OEM (back)

K2 vs BCM

K2 vs BCM (back)

Side-by-side
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SpaceGhostGun:

I just got the 300 pistol myself about a month ago. The new grip seems thinner and slightly more vertical than the one on the original MCX. It doesn’t have that hump at the bottom. It’s about the same angle as a Magpul MOE grip. I wanted a little more vertical, so I installed a Magpul K2, which also gives me a little better trigger finger placement, since it has more backstrap than the SIG grip.
View Quote
Check your IM
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Melvin_Johnson] [#45]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Im a LMT guy.....but im going to buy one of these virtus patrol rifles to play with if i cant get a killer deal on an older MCX patrol.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Been MIA somewhat, but show season has finally ended.

A little FDE action

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 12:35:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Cool. I finally got my mcx sbr stamp last week. Trying to figure out a visible/IR setup on mine now. Does the Atpial laser clear that surefire light at then end?
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 1:40:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AKDoc:
Cool. I finally got my mcx sbr stamp last week. Trying to figure out a visible/IR setup on mine now. Does the Atpial laser clear that surefire light at then end?
View Quote
SF in this position does not interfere with the PEQ
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Purchased a FDE Virtus 300BLK SBR today. The wait begins. Have a few questions.

1. Are FDE suppressor handguards available for the Virtus? I see them for previous gen on Sigs site but none for the Virtus.

2. Will/are Rattler uppers available?

Thanks for all the great info in the thread. When she gets out she will be running a Sandman S.
Page / 69
Sig MCX Virtus (Page 9 of 69)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top