Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2020 8:25:50 PM EDT
I know the Sig MCX Virtus has their tapered barrel as a proprietary Sig suppressor mount. Has anyone used non Sig suppressors with one? My only concern would be that it doesn't ruin the accuracy or have wild point of impact shifts if you use something to mitigate the taper.

I like the OSS design and would want to use it for all my 5.56mm guns.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Sig is debuting their own line of low back pressure flow through cans in the next few months.  Why not just snag one of those?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd rather not get two 5.56 cans if I can help it. Thanks for the heads up tho.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had no zero shift or accuracy issues using Thunderbeast and Surefire suppressors on the MCX with a Sig taper adapter.

Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome thank you!
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#5]
The taper on the sig is also compatible with Q direct thread cans (Half Nelson, Full Nelson) as well as the Q cherry bomb muzzle device which works with the Trash Panda and Thunder Chicken (and Jumbo Shrimp if you are shooting 5.56).

I like the taper, it aligns the bore as well as multiplies the torque.  A win-win... but I am also a Q fan.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I have run sandman K/S and surefire 556 mini and regular sized without an issue on the mcx and virtus.  All the barrels had the adapter in order to use the proper muzzle devices for my cans.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Our guns ship with a 90-degree shoulder adapter for you to use with a non-SIG/non-tapered silencer.  

Pop the shoulder adapter on before installing your muzzle device/direct thread can and it's no different than any other barrel out there.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our guns ship with a 90-degree shoulder adapter for you to use with a non-SIG/non-tapered silencer.  

Pop the shoulder adapter on before installing your muzzle device/direct thread can and it's no different than any other barrel out there.
View Quote

The only point to consider when installing a non Sig muzzle device with the Sig 90 degree taper adapter is that the adapter itself appears to have more "give" (for lack of a better term) than a regular one-piece barrel with a 90 degree shoulder. Essentially you end up having to use a slightly thicker shim to achieve correct timing and torque than the supplied timing instructions suggest. This was the case with both Surefire and Thunderbeast. Once you figure out the correct shim thickness it is no different than a standard barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top