Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2020 12:54:37 PM EDT
What is a Sig 556 swat limited edition fde worth?  I have one I bought new back in 2008ish off gunbroker.  I would like to sell it but I paid $2200 for it back then and wonder if I would at least get my money back or if I’m going to take a bath on it I’ll just keep it.

Curious what you guys think
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You will not likely get $2200 out of it. I’m guessing it’s the one that has the m4 stock lower (ie does not accept the Swiss pattern folding stock).

Your best bet in selling is to list it on gunbroker as a penny start no reserve 14 day auction. You may get $1700 for it. Maybe.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the info, yes it is the original buffer tube stock

Link Posted: 7/27/2020 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
For reference:

I just sold a Sig 556 with quad rails, diopter rear sight, and original Swiss folding stock for $1600. No folding stock and quad rail definitely detracts a good bit of value.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It has folding stock and quad rail, it’s a swat.  Just factory fde.  They made I think 2000 of them
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It has folding stock and quad rail, it’s a swat.  Just factory fde.  They made I think 2000 of them
View Quote

It does not have the Swiss pattern folding stock. The first folders were as yours is - m4 stock compatible lower. Those are no more desirable than the standard m4 stocked guns of the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top