Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2021 12:18:50 PM EDT
I don't know much about the US made 556 series. Are their stocks interchangeable with the Swiss 55x guns. Found a stock advertised as 551/556 but not sure if this Swiss made.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Any of the 556 guns that use the traditional 55x folding stock could use a Swiss stock. I think that’s the 556 “Classic”, 556 “Classic” SWAT, 556R Gens 1 and 2, and the 551A1.

The original “fish gill” 556 with the M4 stock, the DMR, and the 556 pistols all came with lowers that were setup with the buffer tube lower that cannot use a Swiss-style stock. Sig used to sell a US-made conversion lower but you may need a time machine to track one down now. JDI may import lowers but be prepared to spend a small fortune getting one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't know much about the US made 556 series. Are their stocks interchangeable with the Swiss 55x guns. Found a stock advertised as 551/556 but not sure if this Swiss made.
View Quote

I swapped stocks between my Sig 556 Classic SBR and my Swiss made Sig 551LB.  The Swiss made stock went on to the Sig 556 Classic SBR without issue.  However, the US made Sig 556 Classic stock had to be fitted slightly to go on the Sig 551LB.  Now that they're installed, only someone really in the know can tell a difference.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Completely interchangeable if you’re talking about the Swiss pattern stocks. The US (or India?) made stocks are not nearly as quality as the Swiss and are easy to spot if you know what to look for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top