Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2018 6:08:49 PM EDT
The 6.5mm is only 130gr and I have no idea if it will load to magazine length in a Grendel.

Overall they look interesting. Looking forward to seeing suggested impact velocity.

For sale only at Midway
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
ELD-X competitor?
Although Sierra shows a video about it on their homepage, the new bullet is listed nowhere on their website.
No BC listed on the Midway listing either...
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
6mm is  90gr with BC of .49

6.5mm is 130gr with BC of 0.51

.277 is 140gr with BC of .508

7mm is 165gr with BC of .61

.308 is 165gr with BC of .53

Link Posted: 8/4/2018 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Eager to see what the actual BCs on those end up being. Media on it looks good:

MOre:

Midway is showing the 165 gr Gamechanger in .308" at $0.46/bullet, whereas the ELD-X 178 gr .308" is only $0.33/bullet. Seems to me like Sierra priced themselves out of the market already with it. Shame.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Wonder why Sierra only reports G1 ballistic coefficient and not the newer, more accurate G7?
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it's safe to say their target demographic for marking isn't really the G7 BC kind of crowd.

Questions remain:

1. Minimum velocity expansion threshold.
2. True G7 B.C. data confirmed with radar.
3. What does it offer over the TMK, ELD-X & ELD-M, even the Nosler BT?
4. Plans on it ever being cheaper?
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it's safe to say their target demographic for marking isn't really the G7 BC kind of crowd.

Questions remain:

1. Minimum velocity expansion threshold.
2. True G7 B.C. data confirmed with radar.
3. What does it offer over the TMK, ELD-X & ELD-M, even the Nosler BT?
4. Plans on it ever being cheaper?
View Quote
If it is a long range bullet, minimum should be low which means close shots would be an issue. It is cheaper (in 6mm) than the Nosler BT and has a much higher BC.

Thanks for embedding pictures and video. For me this offers all the BC of the 95gr SMK in 6mm and probably more reliable expansion. Hopefully offers all the accuracy of the 95gr SMK as well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#7]
From the current BERGER "Quick Reference Sheets" >>>

I tried to get some specs from the folks at Sierra - G7 BCs and bullet dimensions (of various segments) and it was almost like they were treating the information like trade secrets.  I gave the rep a hard time and magically he was able to come up with the requested information including the G7 BC.  He told me the information is in one of their apps - sorry, I don't do "apps"!...  I am pretty sure Sierra has G7s for everything that they make that matters.  Why they don't publish the G7s is beyond me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#8]
They're competing with ABLR at those prices, they better bring the BC and a low min velocity.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Sierra usually publishes G1s by velocity. Not uncommon for them for them to publish like they did in the poster above.

What’s the length on it is the real question. You’re probably going to be running a compressed load with a 130 at mag length.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 1:26:33 AM EDT
[#10]
They’ve got data out for the grendel, but the pdf is pretty crappy. This is the data available at Midsouth. Not sure who it’s from.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My guess it's from Sierra, as it's their bullet and who else would care about data for their bullet?
View Quote
That’s my guess as well, but it wasn’t dressed up as well as their usual publications and their logo isn’t on it, so I didn’t want to claim they endorsed that data.

The Alliant Power Pro is Varmint. I managed to find a better copy directly from Sierra that had one of their other 130’s using it with the same results.

Link Posted: 9/18/2018 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Johnny's Reloading Bench on YouTube posted a video on these this past weekend in 308. Shot some groups and some gel. He mentioned in passing that Sierra responding to a question re: minimum expansion velocity. I'm not certain, but I think he said 1,800fps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top