Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 4:40:30 PM EDT
Hello Shotgun Hiveminds.

As the title says, I'm looking for a Fiber optic FS for a Mossberg 590 12 GA Shockwave & if possible one for a Mossberg 500 12 GA with the "Breacher" barrel.

Also a "Dedicated" side saddle set-up for both. 6 round SS.

I'm not looking for the removable velcro type of side saddle at this time. Maybe later, but not right now.

What's everyone's likes / dislikes?  

Mesa Tactical Side Saddle GTG?

I appreciate any input / opinions.

Edit to fix title.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't help you on the fiber optics as I don't have any.  

I've been moving away from side saddles and running my guns slick sided due to the weight and balance penalties.  If I were to run one, it would probably be one of the velcro cards as the fixed side saddles can squeeze the receiver and cause malfunctions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a Mesa on my Benelli SNT, very robust. I now run a Velcro side saddle on my Mossberg. As for fiber optic sights, Hi-Viz?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for velcro side saddles. I have the 5 round and 2 round ones Ares Gear used to make with the belt holders made under collabaration by Raven Concealment. My 590 A1 and Shockwave are set up the same way. 5 round loaded with OO buck on left side (another 5 round card on buttstock of 590), 2 round loaded with slugs on right just behind ejection port. I have 1 of each on the moduloader panels that I can throw on a belt. When a card on the receiver is empty just rip it off and swap with a full card. Same thing can be accomplished with other brands of cards and M16 mag pouches (including kydex ones) HSGI used to make one (still might) that was designed to work with their Taco pouches.

Only experience I have with fiber optic sights are the clip on ones made by Tru-Glo. It worked but, I went to XS ghost rings and never looked back. I eventually abandoned ghost rings for red dots. Now I have Trijicon SRO's mounted with Scalarworks SYNC mounts. It uses the RMR mounting pattern so RMR, SRO and some of the Holosun red dots plus anything else that uses the same pattern works on it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't help you on the fiber optics as I don't have any.  

I've been moving away from side saddles and running my guns slick sided due to the weight and balance penalties.  If I were to run one, it would probably be one of the velcro cards as the fixed side saddles can squeeze the receiver and cause malfunctions.
View Quote

Hey thanks all for the replies.

After reading everyone’s replies and input, I’m going to go Velcro. You guys make a good argument for it.

I also didn’t think about the weight & balance aspects. And I’m carrying / bringing my Shockwave with me daily for a truck gun. So after thinking about these things, having the flexibility of a removable SS is probably smarter.

The fiber optic front sight thing is just cuz I was thinking that it would be quicker sight acquisition help. I’ll probably try out something from XS.
Link below with some options.

XS shotgun gun sights

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a Mesa Side Saddle Guy.  Here's a 590 with an 8 shot.

Here's a Rem 870 with an 8 shot.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm a Mesa Side Saddle Guy.  Here's a 590 with an 8 shot.

https://i.imgur.com/mbp1vHQl.jpg

Here's a Rem 870 with an 8 shot.

https://i.imgur.com/KtqTHxil.jpg

View Quote

Cool!

I didn’t realize that there was a “Eight” round SS option. Thought 6 was max. Show’s how little I know
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I use the ARES GEAR SHOTGUN PANEL on my Mossberg. Light and works great.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I went Mrgunsngear Old Skool for some front sight info...

XS Big Dot 870 & 500/590 Shotgun Bead Tritium Sight Review (HD)
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use the ARES GEAR SHOTGUN PANEL on my Mossberg. Light and works great.

View Quote

Thank ya, these look nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top