Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2018 9:57:29 PM EDT
Got my Nightcap in the mail today. Didnt think about needing a shroud for it. Currently using a Notoros Rhino mount. Looking at a Wilcox L4 WLS Three Hole or a Ops-Core Skeleton Shroud. Any real difference here other than the Wilcox being a bit cheaper?
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 12:22:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the Wilcox better since the outer portion is polymer and since the Night Cap is packable it has less chances of getting bent like the OPS-Core
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a new Wilcox L4 WMS shroud with the movable tether. That way I can move the thether,  or have two, or pull it completely off. It is also super light. It is the last shroud on the second page of the TNVC website currently. Its brand new so not many people have one. Polymer outter like the old school L4.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Just my opinion, I think the Wilcox is a better shroud. Have one on my AirFrame and one on my nightcap.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have any experience with a Norotos universal shroud on a Nightcap?
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the Ops Core skeleton shroud on mine. Got it from Arms Unlimited for eighty bucks shipped. It's light weight and rock solid.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 5:03:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the wilcox, no complaints.  Other than it's a major pain in the ass to get it installed, but that's the nightcap's fault, not the shroud.  (Crye if you read this, just pre-cut the damn holes in the cloth)
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the wilcox, no complaints.  Other than it's a major pain in the ass to get it installed, but that's the nightcap's fault, not the shroud.  (Crye if you read this, just pre-cut the damn holes in the cloth)
View Quote
It's super easy to make the holes with a soldering iron...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top