Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2021 10:05:51 AM EDT
Does anyone have experience with the Sandy Shrimp from shrimp gang? I just preordered 2 and was curious if anyone on here had used them or WaCo cups.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that the same owner owns both companies to protect them from liability. I guess it's smart. That's what it appears as anyways.

I want to order some, but no one has really indicated the jig to use for the cups so I don't wanna waste money or time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Jumped on their BF deal too.  

Reviews seem positive, guess we will find out in Jan.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Sandy S from the last run. Machining on it is beautiful. It is the next build on my list-I had originally planned on using Dinos for my internals, however I caved to the WaCo black friday special for the cups. DOnt have them yet, however I expect them to be just as nice. This build will be painted FDE, and will be drilled for a 5.56 12.5 SBR build I have. Running a keymo and Flashhider end cap.

Edited to add in a pic. Getting cerakote FDE soon
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I couldn't check out at Waco Cups yesterday and now it looks like they're sold out. I got my Sandy Shrimp S can a month or so ago, it's one of the best looking and feeling F1 cans I've handled.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone try step cups before? Interested to see performance as not many people run them
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Sandy L, machining is top notch. I believe WaCo is owned by shrimpgangs brother.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:47:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I went with the quel tech jig, I was lucky enough to be awake when the IG post of jigs in stock came out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with the quel tech jig, I was lucky enough to be awake when the IG post of jigs in stock came out.
View Quote

Good shit. Also not $200 like many other jigs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my shipping notification for my S and L.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 3:56:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm bummed I missed out on the S length tubes before he decided to discontinue them. I had planned on picking one up  once they became a regularly stocked item.

I'm curious to see what else gets released as their replacement.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm bummed I missed out on the S length tubes before he decided to discontinue them. I had planned on picking one up  once they became a regularly stocked item.

I'm curious to see what else gets released as their replacement.
View Quote

@Mc_Gruff As I type this Sandy S and Sandy L are both in stock. Last ones ever.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@Mc_Gruff As I type this Sandy S and Sandy L are both in stock. Last ones ever.
View Quote

I just missed out on the S tubes.....

If I didn't already have an L I'd pick one up.

I'm going to stalk the website and hope that they have one more that magically appears.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

@eyebrows

They’re OOS now.  Might have to see if I can buy or borrow yours after my form 1 clears.

What cups are you going with?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top