Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fab Defense FD-203

https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-parts-and-upgrades/id-57/m203-standalone-conversion-kit.html

The stock is available in either L or S length. Mine is L, and the S is pictured at the above link. I'd avoid S unless you're a really small guy wearing body armor. The L is still almost too short for my 6'2" self with a plate carrier. I ordered from their distributor in FL.

It doesn't include the forward mounting screws for whatever reason, but Ace Hardware had them (yes I brought it inside ).

I like it because it's lighter and more compact than the LMT conversion, but the LMT does feel slightly more solid with its aluminum construction.

One nice thing about the LMT is the launcher can QD using the KAC bracket, and immediately be attached to an M4. The FD-203 requires disassembly (to include swapping the back plate on the receiver).
View Quote
Do you have a link to their distributor?  I've got the older style fixed stock length version of the FD-203 and want to contact them to see if I can buy just the stock for the new/current design.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Do you have a link to their distributor?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Do you have a link to their distributor?
https://www.fab-defenseus.com/

I've got the older style fixed stock length version of the FD-203 and want to contact them to see if I can buy just the stock for the new/current design.
It's still a fixed length; you just have the option of buying the L or S length stock. (They don't mention this anywhere that I've seen.)

Either letter will be molded in a tiny circle on the left side of the stock by the cheek rest. There's less than a 2" difference between the two.

The cheek rest is the only part that's adjustable (5 height positions).

The stock itself is marked UAS-1 so that may be its part number. Seems they utilize the same stock assembly on their Glock chassis systems.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I see that I didn't look closely enough at the stock.  I saw the lever and assumed that was for adjusting the length of pull.  I don't really mind the one I've got except the butt plate has a 30 degree down angle on it.  Oh well, there's another project for when I get a 3D printer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the older Fab stock too but I haven't used it

What front sight are you using?

I haven't swapped things around to see what works to get the right distance to the leaf sight
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What front sight are you using?
View Quote
You asking me?...

I just have the Aimpoint on my Fab Defense stock. I got them for SWAT, and we're going to zero them with direct-impact less lethal rounds and probably just wing the CS and other indirect munitions.
I still have to put a riser under the Aimpoint T2 because it sits too low, even with the cheek rest in the lowest position. (Plus we may be wearing gas masks.)

My LMT has the LMT front sight and KAC leaf sight.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Friday the 13th fun

Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Friday the 13th fun
View Quote
Awesome!
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quarantine and chill

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice!! Who made the launcher?

Took these 2 out for a date on Valentine's Day

https://i.imgur.com/fc83SRJ.jpg
View Quote

Sorry for Necro post, just saw your question, it's a DSA contract overrun from the Mexico Order, I had it lasered with my info on the side of the receiver like an asshole, but I don't plan on selling it so it doesnt really matter.  I johnny cashed the launcher on piece at a time over a couple years at knob creek and the receiver was bought direct from DSA and was the last one they had at the time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Thanks to JW Ramp for taking the pictures
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#14]

I love the pistol grip shorty 40. More than the m320 and m79 pirate guns.

I dont like their new handguard for it. Glad you got the old standard one.  Though I'm sure I could swap them out. Its an amazing weapon when carried in a holster

A lot of people said that LMT was stupid cuz a 7 inch barrel won't arm an HE round. Then LMT posted some videos of them lobbing HE during testing and every round detonating.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I dont like their new handguard for it. Glad you got the old standard one.  Though I'm sure I could swap them out. Its an amazing weapon when carried in a holster

A lot of people said that LMT was stupid cuz a 7 inch barrel won't arm an HE round. Then LMT posted some videos of them lobbing HE during testing and every round detonating.
View Quote
I've been trying to think of the best holster solution for carrying it. It's too floppy on a single point sling. Been thinking either making a left hand holster and changing my left side AR magazine to a QLS fork and receiver, then I can swap the left side magazine for the shorty. Other option is just making a right hand holster with QLS and swapping the pistol out. I'm leaning towards right handed holster as I think having a pistol on the right side and launcher on left side will be too heavy and ridiculous.

For carrying to the range, if fits very nice in the front strip down zipper panel on the Vertx Gamut bag.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Mod this and make it fit
https://www.sandsprecision.com/grenade-launcher-holster.html.html
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mod this and make it fit
https://www.sandsprecision.com/grenade-launcher-holster.html.html
View Quote

I bet i could come up with something half decent with a sheer of kydex and a heat gun
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#19]
It has taken me a long time to get to this point, but I'm here now.

I hated this sight on a rifle, but it's not too bad on a stand alone.  It is certainly functional.  I'll probably chuck a red dot on the PSQ, since I can, and it will be easier to shoot in all light conditions.

Let the fun begin.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#20]
That's cool
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've been trying to think of the best holster solution for carrying it. It's too floppy on a single point sling. Been thinking either making a left hand holster and changing my left side AR magazine to a QLS fork and receiver, then I can swap the left side magazine for the shorty. Other option is just making a right hand holster with QLS and swapping the pistol out. I'm leaning towards right handed holster as I think having a pistol on the right side and launcher on left side will be too heavy and ridiculous.

For carrying to the range, if fits very nice in the front strip down zipper panel on the Vertx Gamut bag.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184365/299BF347-4575-4BB5-90D2-4F14711429F5_jpe-1694603.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184365/299BF347-4575-4BB5-90D2-4F14711429F5_jpe-1694603.JPG

@chase45
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I found a couple of these direct mount quadrant sights. Basically an aluminum block with a couple of holes in it. The quadrant sight was modified with a cutout to allow access to the screw. They only mount in the one location. They are compatible with the RIS and RAS.

Prototype SOPMOD?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Thats awesome. Great find! I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#24]
My LMT on a Spikes KAOS stock...

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:50:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Do you buy the receiver and take possession of it before filing the Form 1? Then after you get your stamp then buy the barrel?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Do you buy the receiver and take possession of it before filing the Form 1? Then after you get your stamp then buy the barrel?
View Quote

That would be the easiest way to do it. Unless for some reason you like to wait 6+ months for them to approve a complete M203 that you can take from your dealer.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much get possession of it and file for it...if you can, I’d e-form it. I did that for mine and got it back within a month....but do know I did it with a Trust.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Yep. Buy a title 1 receiver. E-file a form 1, engrave, install barrel
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top