Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I finally got around to taking off the stock sights, the rear were easy of course but I was a little put off about trying to get the front sight off. I have been searching the web and youtube for info and finally saw a thread where the  poster suggested putting the top side front sight into a bench vise and torquing off the lock nut that way.

I didnt have a bench vise but I did have a big C clamp so i gave it a try, put the rifle on the bench, put wooden blocks around the front sight post, sprayed some oil on it and gave it a go, took a couple of tries because I didnt want to over do it but on third try that locking nut came right off. The front sight then screwed off easily. Got my thread protectors on, put on a M carbo buffer and a Trs-25 and am good to go

Link Posted: 10/14/2018 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What optics are people using on their Sub-2000’s?

If I purchase one I’d like to get an off set mount, or maybe that Midwest Industries one, so I could use a red dot but still be able to fold & lock the rifle.
View Quote
I have one of the MI offset mounts on my Sub2k and love it!

it has held zero for over 500 rounds so far.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have really been thinking hard about getting one of these, especially now that you can readily find them for around $300 and Mcarbo came out with a new higher rear sight.

Would love a 45 acp, 9x25, or 10mm version.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Gen1 9mm setup for SW59 mags. Was waiting for the deluge of Beretta magazines.... Could also take Sight magazines with a simple magazine catch change.

Had the factory quadrail and Tacticool tube cover.

Felt solid with the quadrail. Mounted a PA dot with absolute witness riser.  Lost full folding capability but could open it up enough for cleaning.  Somehow, mine only shot fully extended.

Did the X-acto mod to the rear sight.  It stayed down unless I purposely raised it.

Shot lights out.  Had a ton of Tula Brass Max that the S2K liked.  Was boring ringing the steel at 100 yards off hand.

I'm 6'1" and the LOP is ridiculously long.  Don't know how people can put extension pads on it. I like the Micro Roni LOP.

Only other complaint was the charging handle.  Was going to purchase the extended version before I traded it for a massaged Mossberg 930.

I'm eyeing the Freedom Ordnance FX-9 carbine.

But if a Gen1 G17 with factory quadrail fell into my lap, I could probably live with it as long as I put the extended charging handle on it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
especially now that... Mcarbo came out with a new higher rear sight.
View Quote
I read somewhere that the latest GEN2s have a higher rear sight (though the aperature is still small).  I can't confirm if this is true--I felt mine was a bit low, and I've got a June or July gun.

I picked up the Mcarbo sight in the hopes it's taller (and for the larger aperature), but I really want it to ALSO fold out in the up/open position, since I use irons...evidently this can be done if you torque it down enough.
---

I'm VERY tempted by all the reviews of the EXTAR EP9, but I don't know if I wanna be the guy who owns two cheaper, oddball PCCs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  I read somewhere that the latest GEN2s have a higher rear sight (though the aperature is still small).  I can't confirm if this is true--I felt mine was a bit low, and I've got a June or July gun.

I picked up the Mcarbo sight in the hopes it's taller (and for the larger aperature), but I really want it to ALSO fold out in the up/open position, since I use irons...evidently this can be done if you torque it down enough.
---

I'm VERY tempted by all the reviews of the EXTAR EP9, but I don't know if I wanna be the guy who owns two cheaper, oddball PCCs.
View Quote
Er - I have... four?  Gen 1 .40 & a Gen 2 9x19mm 2000s, a threaded Marlin Camp 9 sample gave me, and FW_wife gave me a HiPoint .45 carbine I've converted to 1911 mags w/ the ThingMeister mag catch.  And I'm building an AR9 w/ a ProMag magblock and also have 2 EndoMags.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Not trying to hijack this thread but is this where all things Sub2000 get discussed? (in the PCC forum I mean).

Bought a G19 mag Gen 2 today and I cant locate a sub-forum via search tab.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 1:10:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, in the PCC forum, except when I'm advocating concealed carrying it in Carry Issues.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#9]
pcc ??
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  pcc ??
View Quote
The forum this thread is in?
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Dohhh  thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#13]
My TWO STAMP Subbie

Barrel cut to 5" and has a GemTech GM-9 in side hand guard.

Topped with a DeltaPoint Pro..
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Is that the Red Lion @Tap4AU
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Red Lion it is!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top