Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2019 9:04:29 AM EDT
I have TNVC PVS14s. A few years old, but in very good shape and not used much since I have a second PVS14 issued by my work.

If I sold them and put another 3k in, would that get me an appreciable upgrade? The only ones besides PVS7bs and PVS14s that I've used are .gov 20k dollar multi lenses deals.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I’d say that would get you in used pvs15 range. Saw a pair of used 15s go for 5500 in the EE. Or just save a bit more and buy new. Binos are definitely worth it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess it depends how often you really use them. I've contemplated doing the same upgrade, but I just don't shoot them enough to justify it right now. It would be different if we were able to hunt with them in AZ.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Figure your pvs-14 will bring $2600-$2800 depending on specs and other variables. Binos seem to start at ~$6500, maybe less if you hit an EE deal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I am in the process of doing just that. I am piecing together a set of binos with used tubes and a RNVG housing and I am into the them for just over 4k.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
You can get into binos at 5k or under. More if you want spec sheets or a warranty.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#6]
You could also save the optics and tubes from your 14s and drop them into a housing like a MOD-3. Thats the route I've been thinking of going recently. That is also if your tubes a matched closely enough to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top