Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2019 11:44:33 PM EDT
Mac 10 in 45 acp. Early production low round count gun. 6000 a good deal bad deal or ok deal?
I bought it, dealer is going to test fire and clean it up as well as refinish it in black cerakote.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:55:46 PM EDT
[#1]
With mags and stuff -good desl
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes you should. Great deal, most of the ones that have seen lately have been around 8k.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:07:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With mags and stuff -good desl
View Quote
Just the gun and 1 mag.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#4]
yes you should for $6k
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes Definitely
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I know nothing about macs. I have some questions.
I don't care for 45 acp. How easily can a mac 10/45 be converted to 9mm or 22 lr even?
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#7]
It's easy to shoot 9mm in a 45 Mac. Sam at Practical Solutions sells a conversion kit which includes a complete upper and magwell insert for the 9mm mags. A .22 kit is going to be hard to come by but they do show up once in a while. For 6K I would do it because if you don't like it you will never lose money on it.

Also Lage Manufacturing sells uppers that you can shoot 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I FOED or did I Fent? Whichever it is. I tried to talk him down to 5800 and he said 6 is already a great deal.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#10]
9mm is easy, as previously mentioned.
.22 is a bit more tricky. Avoid the Subcal/Fleming conversions like the plague.

There are also a few conversions for the M10. Lage has a few that are solid. There is also a different company marketing a (very pricey) conversion that allows a standard AR15 upper to be mated with an M10 lower. I'm on the wait list, but will probably pass.

The .45 M10 will work with modified greasegun mags, or a dual notched catch can be ordered (so modded and unmodded mags work). There are plenty of accessories, to include a firing shoulder holster (the Desantis "Mak-Skatter").
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I FOED or did I Fent? Whichever it is. I tried to talk him down to 5800 and he said 6 is already a great deal.
View Quote
He was right.

Link Posted: 3/10/2019 11:35:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He was right.

https://i.imgur.com/SKtLywx.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was right.

Its gonna be awhile. Form 4 to him from Illinois then form 3 to my dealer in Kentucky from him.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Its gonna be awhile. Form 4 to him from Illinois then form 3 to my dealer in Kentucky from him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was right.

Hmm...

He should be able to Form 4 it to your dealer, then your dealer form 4 it to you.

Dealers can receive transfers from across state lines from individuals, it does not have to come from an IL dealer unless it is a specific IL law.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't own one, get to shoot a lot of an SOT's weapons, for helping clean, maintain, etc., lot of exotic one ofs.
I was surprised and impressed with the accuracy, considering that the rear sight looked like a cut in half washer welded on.
Easily popped off bowling pins at well over 50 yards.
Love it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hmm...

He should be able to Form 4 it to your dealer, then your dealer form 4 it to you.

Dealers can receive transfers from across state lines from individuals, it does not have to come from an IL dealer unless it is a specific IL law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was right.

Hmm...

It is coming from Illinois to the dealer I am buying from in Indiana, it then has to go to my dealer here in Kentucky,  then to me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2019 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It is coming from Illinois to the dealer I am buying from in Indiana, it then has to go to my dealer here in Kentucky,  then to me.
View Quote
Which explains why you're getting a good price on it, form 4 incoming to dealer sale before he receives it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Which explains why you're getting a good price on it, form 4 incoming to dealer sale before he receives it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh ok cool.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Now go buy a MAX-10/31!

http://www.max-11.com

My MAC is my favorite range toy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:47:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Now go buy a MAX-10/31!

http://www.max-11.com

My MAC is my favorite range toy.
View Quote
I know very little about macs. Is this upper a drop in? Or do i need to have it fitted to the lower?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't know what you have in your collection, but to me you have bought at a great time at a good price. My understanding is that Form 4 transfers are taking a year. So it could be two years before the M10 is in your posession. For pistol caliber, there is various Lage options. Lage makes some great products.  There is also the CF(W) Tungsten bolts.  A .45 tungsten bolt should come to market.  Sam at Practical Solutions also has the Gray Ghost series of uppers.  The GG with the tungsten bolt wouuld give Grease Gun performance in a very small package. There's also the Max-10/15. That will give you a AR based open bolt option. There is also the Tenko 10-16 adapter. The Tenko is not an "upper",it is an adapter. The Tenko converts the open bolt M10 to the closed bolt M16 function. So the Tenko uses standard AR uppers with full auto carrier. The Tenko uses an off the shelf PDW buffering system inside the adapter. So no permanent modification to the RR is required.

If you are not that familiar with the Mac style RRs, I would suggest the Mactalk forum at Uzitalk. I t seems to me that the Mac style family of RR machineguns is poised to have innovation. The Mac style family of RRs represents at least 10% of all the transferable machineguns and the layout of the receiver allows the development of adaption to about any firearm mechanism to the receiver. By the time the receiver is your's, there is no telling what could be developed for the family. Congratulations.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I know very little about macs. Is this upper a drop in? Or do i need to have it fitted to the lower?
View Quote
Yes, Lage uppers are drop in ready to shoot. The 31 series of uppers uses Suomi drums and coffin mags.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes, Lage uppers are drop in ready to shoot. The 31 series of uppers uses Suomi drums and coffin mags.
View Quote
Stock up on drums now, coffin mags have dried up already. You can get new production single stack mags though.

Me, I'm getting the Uzi conversion on mine done while in NFA jail. I found one for $6500 in-state!
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#23]
MAC 10 is a lot more accurate and controllable than people think. I love mine, except for the recent suppressor oops.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 5:44:45 AM EDT
[#24]
The Mac Section over at Uzi talk is loaded with information.   Great resources.   Congratulations on your new toy.   The waiting does suck though!!
Link Posted: 7/11/2019 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Illinois transfer to Indiana complete, now to transfer to my KY dealer, then to me.
Link Posted: 7/12/2019 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Illinois transfer to Indiana complete, now to transfer to my KY dealer, then to me.
View Quote
couple months for the dealer transfer than 1 year + for the dealer to you. Should have it by late 2020

Just got my 9mm suppressor I bought in early 2018. Given the ridiculous wait and the price I have lost interest in obtaining any more MGs.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Stock up on drums now, coffin mags have dried up already. You can get new production single stack mags though.

Me, I'm getting the Uzi conversion on mine done while in NFA jail. I found one for $6500 in-state!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love my Uzi converted m10/9, But I love a lot of MGs
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is an uzi conversion?
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
https://macmachineguns.com/?page_id=1252

Sam is the best MAC gunsmith out there. Basically, you can convert your Mac to use UZI mags. Requires machining on your bolts too.

Uzi mags are $9-20 and they just work; Mac magazines are known to be more expensive and finikey. Also, you can use 9mm and 45 without any insert; just different Uzi mags.

Uzi Conversion on M10/9 - Practical Solutions
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Scott is the best MAC gunsmith out there. Basically, you can convert your Mac to use UZI mags. Requires machining on your bolts too.

Uzi mags are $9-20 and they just work; Mac magazines are known to be more expensive and finikey. Also, you can use 9mm and 45 without any insert; just different Uzi mags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVP0fN7vtCY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott is the best MAC gunsmith out there. Basically, you can convert your Mac to use UZI mags. Requires machining on your bolts too.

I just got off the phone with Sam. I will definately have the uzi conversion done and am on the list for the tenko upper.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#31]
if its already refinished, I wouldn't bother chopping it for the Uzi grip.  Save the money and put it towards a Max31 upper and drums.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, the Suomi drums are starting to dry up... Only ones in stock are Clearview... I need to get a few more, but I also want some Z31s too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 1:28:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
if its already refinished, I wouldn't bother chopping it for the Uzi grip.  Save the money and put it towards a Max31 upper and drums.
View Quote
For the same cost as a max 31 upper with a few magazines I can convert to an uzi grip and have a bunch of magazines and be able to use the 22 upper Sam is working on. Plus I really like how uzi grips feel.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
For the same cost as a max 31 upper with a few magazines I can convert to an uzi grip and have a bunch of magazines and be able to use the 22 upper Sam is working on. Plus I really like how uzi grips feel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are going to want a Slowfire upper too, so the 31 is not a bad idea.
I use my gen one (heavy) Lage upper and love it with Uzi mags.

The only problem is I bought a ton of cheap Uzi mags during the First Obama term. Then I found a cheap Uzi for sale. Now I have two Uzis and a converted Mac.

I do like my Uzi 22kit, but had little success with Sam's mac 22 kit
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Get on the Lage MAX10/15 wait list.
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sam is the best MAC gunsmith out there. Basically, you can convert your Mac to use UZI mags. Requires machining on your bolts too.

View Quote
What kind/brand of .45 Uzi mags are you using?....and what is the cost?

I can understand the allure of an Uzi magwell conversion on a 9mm gun, but it seems like a step in the wrong direction for a .45
Link Posted: 9/18/2019 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Get on the Lage MAX10/15 wait list.
View Quote
What is that?
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 3:04:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What is that?
View Quote
Make it all Lage

It turns your Mac 10 into a 223.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#39]
buying the rimfire kit for my m11/9 I regret.  loading the mags consistently is near impossible.  i enjoy my M&P15-22 with binary far more.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
buying the rimfire kit for my m11/9 I regret.  loading the mags consistently is near impossible.  i enjoy my M&P15-22 with binary far more.
View Quote
Sam will be producing 22 uppers that take uzi magazines in the future. Plus the AR upper adapter he is going to be selling when it's approved.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Although I relied on those price graphs when I bought my MG I have been told those are stacked with hand selected sales and do not actually reflect the current MG price.

But OP I'd say 6K is a good deal on it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Although I relied on those price graphs when I bought my MG I have been told those are stacked with hand selected sales and do not actually reflect the current MG price.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It seemed like a good deal at the time. I've already turned down 6500 for it lol.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It seemed like a good deal at the time. I've already turned down 6500 for it lol.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Yeah you did good just wanted to point out the inconsistencies with Machine Gun Price Guide.

It was pointed out to me on UZItalk by some members.

And look hard at the Lage 10/15 upper. Pretty slick.

And just my opinion I personally don't like the UZI grip conversion. But thats just me.

If I had a M10 I'd most likely just get the M10/31 upper and then the M10/45 upper and when the M10/15 upper comes available that as well.

The 9mm UZI mags are cheap but 45acp UZI mag I think are only available from Promag now and are less capacity than Mac10/45 / Grease Gun mags.

Also check out the AK upper coming out for the Mac 10. To me its more bad ass than the Lage 10/15.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Mac-10-upper-in-7-62x39-that-takes-AK-mags/5-2172551/
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yeah you did good just wanted to point out the inconsistencies with Machine Gun Price Guide.

It was pointed out to me on UZItalk by some members.

And look hard at the Lage 10/15 upper. Pretty slick.

And just my opinion I personally don't like the UZI grip conversion. But thats just me.

If I had a M10 I'd most likely just get the M10/31 upper and then the M10/45 upper and when the M10/15 upper comes available that as well.

The 9mm UZI mags are cheap but 45acp UZI mag I think are only available from Promag now and are less capacity than Mac10/45 / Grease Gun mags.

Also check out the AK upper coming out for the Mac 10. To me its more bad ass than the Lage 10/15.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Mac-10-upper-in-7-62x39-that-takes-AK-mags/5-2172551/
View Quote
I have more trigger time on UZi;s than I do with other mgs. I like the grip feel due to my gorilla hands.
I want to keep it really short so the LAGE stuff doesn't do much for me.

I honestly don't ever plan on shooting it in 45, so it's no biggy for me to only have a couple of magazines if a buddy wants to. The main reason I bought the m10 45 was for the AK upper coming out as well as the price.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Cool well if you don’t care for 45 for sure go with the Uzi grip and stock up on cheap mags.

That’s the only detractor about mine is the z mags. They are $35 each which isn’t bad I guess just wish they were $5 each.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Cool well if you don’t care for 45 for sure go with the Uzi grip and stock up on cheap mags.

That’s the only detractor about mine is the z mags. They are $35 each which isn’t bad I guess just wish they were $5 each.
View Quote
I am going to get the 45 bolt reworked to work with uzi mags and pick a few up to have. But I plan on shooting it in 9mm until the ar adaptor or 22 conversion using uzi mags comes out.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Well wish someone would come out with a 22LR conversion for the M11.

I have been on the wait list with Lage for his 22 conversion for over a year and no sign of them shipping. Said it would be early summer of 2019 and here it is dang near fall.

Tactical Innovations said something about a Mac11 AM180 type upper a while back. I would really like seeing something like that. Or something that takes M&P22-15 mags.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 10:32:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Tactical Innovations said something about a Mac11 AM180 type upper a while back. I would really like seeing something like that. Or something that takes M&P22-15 mags.
View Quote
It is my understanding that there is an adapter for a standard AR magwell to use M&P22-15 mags. Sam has a video on his site of the Tenko 10-16 running a CMMG .22LR kit. We also have a video of the Freedom Arms belt fed 9mm upper with the Tenko. Once we have some cash flow we will be looking to buy the AR upper that uses AM-180 drums. After we get the Tenko 11-16 ready for market we will be looking to make an upper that uses the AK mechanism not just the mags.

Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top