Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2018 1:09:30 PM EDT
Greetings!

I have a bug to get a Kriss  Vector in 9mm. Is there a reason not to go get one? I have a scorpion, and I have an ar, there is just something about it I like.

Looking forward to input, Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There is never any good reason not to get a gun.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#2]
You are right, I am always down for another gun purchase, just trying to get the feel of the hive for how everyone likes the gun.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one. I liked the gun don't get me wrong, but in the end I traded it for a CZ Scorpion. The pistol I had worked well, and was compact with a folding GHW tailhook brace. It didn't suppress very well to me, the recoil impulse was sharp unlike the CZ. It didn't sound as good at the ear either, I thought the action was opening up to quickly even with subs. I liked that it took Glock mags though, that was very appealing. Kriss as a company did take care of me, but I would trust CZ more in the long run. The aftermarket is better too. That's not to say if you like the gun go for it. It definitely gets attention at the range. My coworkers referred to it as my space gun.

My old set up minus can and rmr

New set up
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Get it.
I like mime better than my CZ scorpion, both are SBR.  Also dont have to mess around with compliance parts and the Kriss is more ergonomic EXCEPT for the charging handle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I like mine. It's a 9mm and my travel gun. Looks like the black one posted above. Nice and handy in a backpack.

Only thing that is a pain in the ass is slings. I like 2 points. But not a lot of places to use, unless you stick something on the top rail. I tried, but didn't like putting so much weight on the QD sling point of the Tailhook.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate to say it, but I’m 9mm I think your money is better spent elsewhere. The 9mm cartridge doesn’t benefit much from the advantages of the Super V system and is an expensive pistol. You could buy an AR-9 or a CZ and use the rest on upgrades or ammo. If you were looking at 45 or 10mm the Kriss makes more sense.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate to say it, but I’m 9mm I think your money is better spent elsewhere. The 9mm cartridge doesn’t benefit much from the advantages of the Super V system and is an expensive pistol. You could buy an AR-9 or a CZ and use the rest on upgrades or ammo. If you were looking at 45 or 10mm the Kriss makes more sense.
View Quote
I see this argument brought up a lot about the recoil system. Which honestly is kinda a silly reason not to get a Vector.

I got the Vector for it overall folded footprint. Mag commonality with 9mm Glocks, etc. Other good options in 9mm PCCs. Depending on your reasoning for getting one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#8]
If you have the money, get it. Had a carbine in 9mm, sold it for a braced 10mm pistol version. They're fun to shoot, cool novelty/conversation pieces, and mechanically interesting. Had one or two jams where the bullet was pushed back into the case far enough that the lip of the case hung up on the steep feed ramp. Don't know if that's a common issue. Even so, I enjoy them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had the itch too. One thing that annoys me though is the removal of the side folding stock setup and going to a non folding AR buffer tube. I've been searching for a G2 10mm pistol with provisions for a side folder and not getting far.

I have also shot a post sample 45 which cemented one on my wanted list
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you all for the input. I think I am going to go ahead and grab one. I think that my local store is going to get me out the door right at 1400.

I am going to try and use this as an angle to get one of their local made ar9's for a steal.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thank you all for the input. I think I am going to go ahead and grab one. I think that my local store is going to get me out the door right at 1400.

I am going to try and use this as an angle to get one of their local made ar9's for a steal.
View Quote
I have had 3 Kriss's, 2 Gen 1 45acp my first was low serial # that was hand built (and I sold because someone wanted more and paid well for it.), then picked up an sbr G1 45acp and just recently have picked up a G2 10mm. All are very accurate and I plan to add a 9mm to round out the group.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#12]
You'll love it. I have the rifle in .45 and it's just fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Congrats man, need pics when you get it all set up. I reread the OP after posting and you already have the others I mentioned. Let us know how it shoots compared to your other 9mm’s!
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 3:34:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Buy extra extractors. Mine had some issues that were fixed by changing the extractor. It also likes a lot of lubricant. I put the better part of 2,000 rounds in a few hours after changing the extractor and only had one double feed which was mag related.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I pulled the trigger, ended up getting the pistol/brace version at my LGS. Waiting my 7 days (md law) to pick it up?
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I pulled the trigger, ended up getting the pistol/brace version at my LGS. Waiting my 7 days (md law) to pick it up?
View Quote
Congrats, what color did you get?

Mine

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
I ended up getting the black. My lgs had a deal that I coulnd pass up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top