Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2020 7:00:55 PM EDT
Beretta 1301 Tactical coming.

Do you prefer red dots over irons for shotguns?

If so, how are Holosun or Sig Romeos holding up with them?

I have Aimpoints and TROs on my ARs, and an RMR on a handgun, but was trying to go lower cost IF the reliability and durability are there.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I use RMR's on my M4's.  Keeping the sight low to the rail provides you with much the same cheek weld as the irons.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I had an old 4moa T1 on a Benelli M4 for a little while. Actually, just long enough to figure out that it wasn’t much faster than irons at the distances I shoot. I took it off.

Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:09:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Holosun HS507C on my pistol-braced Shockwave. I mounted it with a KE Arms mount and it's nice and low, allowing for a good cheek weld. I really like the "circle dot" reticule. The "shake awake" feature means it's always on when I pick it up.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I used the Vortex SPARC with the lowest Bobro mount on my Benelli M4. On my Remington 870 I used a Vortex StrikeFire with the lowest ADM mount.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Delta Point Pro currently on my Benelli M4. I find it a lot easier and faster to pick up than irons.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Red dots are always better. If you buy a cheaper one just make sure it has a warranty.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Running Trijicon SRO's on three of my shotguns.  Very happy with them.  I was using RMR's but the larger lens of the SRO really helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top