Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2017 12:24:55 PM EDT
Anyone chop/weld theirs yet? I don't know if the Rattlet stock is available separately yet or not. I wouldn't mind getting a slightly shorter LOP for use in heavy clothing/armor.

Did we we ever find out if the lower comb on the Rattlet was an issue with optics?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
No one?

Do I need to get liquored up and hit it with a chop saw?
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the idea, I would like a shorter Kate Moss stock, like the pictured --but not yet in the wild-- Rattler stock.

And no I do not believe the Rattler stock is available separately yet.

Cutting is the easy part.  Welding it back up is the fun part.  Beyond my skill set.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, my welding skills are somewhere around the maybe-metal-will-be-deposited level.

Unless you own the tools, I doubt it would be cost-effective to do the chop, assuming the Rattler stock is close to the same price.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't wait on the rattler stock.  Sig takes their time with parts
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone tried this stock? It looks like it might be short:

Stock in Sigs web store
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Coregon do you know anything about the stock I posted above?
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out this stock for your MCX.  I think it may be what you are looking for.  Short when need, long when needed and compact.

Link
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Wish Sig would make something similar to this.

Link Posted: 1/15/2018 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
FYI - I just happened to stumble into this post.  Make sure you tag me with @ in-front of my username so it alerts me that I was tagged

I have that stock, it's not my favorite.  My favorite stock, hands down, is the folding collapsible stock.  Best cheek weld, shortest and has LOP options.

This is my favorite stock HERE

I posted this picture on IG a few days ago:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the update Coregon!
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for the update Coregon!
View Quote
Anytime
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Agree that we need a shortened Kate Moss stock. This stock as a raised section that gives a decent cheekweld for optics were I doubt the rattler, without the raised section, would.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#13]
@coregon

That's the stock I have on my MCX. I didn't like the original wire that came with it. My MCX is in the EE now, I'd keep it if I could get groups with 55gr, but it seems to want 62gr or heavier. Even likes M885 better than M193. First time I've seen that.

Anyway back on topic the folding collapsible stock is the way to go, and nice looking rifle you got there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My favorite stock, hands down, is the folding collapsible stock.  Best cheek weld, shortest and has LOP options.

This is my favorite stock HERE
View Quote
That's the same one I use on my MCX/MPX. Sold all the others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top