Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2022 9:30:28 PM EDT
2 3/4 followed by 3” Invector    Pretty sure it says Invector.  Is that gonna blow me and the barrel up?  Just kidding.  Maybe.  Guessing it will shoot both.  I tried finding a definitive answer, but I didn’t get quite the knowledge that I think I would have found here.  Gonna be taking it with me in the morning for turkey hunting.  About the third time I’ve been and have been using my trusty 870 Wingmaster, which I’ve had since the mid 70-s.  I’m gonna try to get some sleep before getting up at 0420.  Every time I go, the night before seems like Christmas Eve to a child,  so that may be difficult.  If I don’t answer any questions forthwith, I’ll be checking/responding too them in the am. Thanks for any info provided.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
2 3/4 followed by 3” Invector    Pretty sure it says Invector.  Is that gonna blow me and the barrel up?  Just kidding.  Maybe.  Guessing it will shoot both.  I tried finding a definitive answer, but I didn’t get quite the knowledge that I think I would have found here.  Gonna be taking it with me in the morning for turkey hunting.  About the third time I’ve been and have been using my trusty 870 Wingmaster, which I’ve had since the mid 70-s.  I’m gonna try to get some sleep before getting up at 0420.  Every time I go, the night before seems like Christmas Eve to a child,  so that may be difficult.  If I don’t answer any questions forthwith, I’ll be checking/responding too them in the am. Thanks for any info provided.
View Quote

Invector is brownings brand name for their choke tubes.

I’m guessing the chamber is 2 3/4, but it needs 3 inch choke tubes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Don’t know if I can find those tubes.  Pretty sure some came with it.  I’ll just use the 870 till I do.  Thanx!
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the barrel marked something like this:            2 3/4” - 3” Invector   ?

Is this the old style steel receiver "humpback" A5, or the newer inertia operated A5?
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the barrel marked something like this:            2 3/4” - 3” Invector   ?

Is this the old style steel receiver "humpback" A5, or the newer inertia operated A5?
View Quote

Yes, the newer inertia one.  Says 3" Invector DS-28"
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
You can shoot 2 3/4” or 3” shells in that gun.

Invector DS is the type of choke tube the barrel accepts. (Invector DS tubes are NOT interchangeable with Invector or Invector PLUS tubes)
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can shoot 2 3/4” or 3” shells in that gun.

Invector DS is the type of choke tube the barrel accepts. (Invector DS tubes are NOT interchangeable with Invector or Invector PLUS tubes)
View Quote

Thanks.  Breathing easier!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top