Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve been using Mechanix Fast Fit Coverts for years, they are pretty good for $14 a pair. Ordered a pair of OR Ironsight gloves to try and I’m on the fence with them. I measure out to a large and they fit okay. I wear gloves regularly so I’ll keep trying them and see if they just need to break in. I also snagged a set of current production Fast Fit Coverts in coyote and they seem to be a little different than the older ones. The seams are a lot less noticeable and they almost feel padded. They are way more comfortable than the Ironsights and a third the price. The downside is I bought them in coyote and can’t wear them at work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:12:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Skip the pig gloves. they stated to come apart 2 weeks after I got them after very light use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pig. SKD.

Skip the pig gloves. they stated to come apart 2 weeks after I got them after very light use.

Haven't seen that happen.  I've had certain pairs last years through multiple gritty hog hunts.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Haven't seen that happen.  I've had certain pairs last years through multiple gritty hog hunts.
View Quote

I have not seen it happen either and I have had my pair out 2 - 3 weekends a month over the last year or so shooting.

The SKD gloves are my favorite followed by the Vertx gloves. The Vertx gloves get a knock because the fingers are obnoxiously long. My gloves are usually short in the fingers but with the Vertx, there is nearly an inch of extra glove at the tips.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Been wearing my Outdoor Research Firebrand gloves.

Temps have been in the mid 20's to low 30's so far.  

I find in that temp range wearing them without the inner insulating gloves works really nicely (the inner gloves just add too much warmth at that temp range when active).

So far, January is looking rather mild for us.  Temps should be around the mid 20's until the end of the month.  So, unless February gets cold, which is possible, I don't think I'm going to have a lot of opportunity to really test out my Mutant mitts or layering of my gloves.  Maybe we'll get some subzero weather though and I'll be able to give you my impressions.  

I've got this PCU layering thing down.  First winter with the full 1-7 PCU layers (except for 4) and it's a blessing to finally be able to work hard outdoors without sweating or freezing.  Been using a little graphic chart the U.S. Army  did for how to dress depending on temp range and activity level and it's been really handy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top