Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2021 5:05:23 PM EDT
Anyone use this in their 50 yet?  The buzz is it is similar to US 869 but is it temp. Sensitive like US 869?  Was hoping it was slower burning than 869 and not so damn temp sensitive.  I have loaded both WC867 and US869 and found both to be too temp sensitive for dependable accuracy.  Also hoping it pushes api's and M33's faster.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I posed this question a month ago in another thread of mine. No one has chimed in with experience using Shooters World 50BMG powder. But, I ordered a pound of it as I was already ordering hazmat primers and H50 BMG powder wasn't available. So, I couldn't pass up trying it for only $25 extra.

I haven't loaded any rounds with it yet as I still need to test out my surplus WC860 loads. But, I'll report back once I finally get a chance to shoot with the Shooters World 50 BMG powder.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 2:33:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I did about 5 rounds with it.  It's the only powder I've ever used to reload 50 though :(

I'll have to dig out my data for them.  Thankfully, the day I took them to range to test them, someone had a labradar so I was able to get some FPS for each.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#3]
ive used 5010, H50, VV, surplus 869, 872, 860 and possibly a few others

and by far the worse was Hogdon US869
total garbage
i would reload with mil, leftover, pull down, sweep up off the floor powder before i ever bought more of the Hogdon US869
which is odd because i always had such good luck with there H50 powder

ive had great luck with 5010 also

so no matter how bad the Shooters World powder is at least its not Hogdon US869
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ive used 5010, H50, VV, surplus 869, 872, 860 and possibly a few others

and bar far the worse was hogdon 869
total garbage
i would reload with mil, leftover, pull down, sweep up off the floor powder before i ever bought more of the hogdon 869 so no matter how bad the shooter world powder is at least its not hogdon 869
View Quote

Let me guess...too temp sensitive?  Same for me with U.S. 869.  Won't load it again unless for plinking rounds and someone gave it to me.  Horribly inaccurate.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top