Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2018 10:05:16 PM EDT
Does anyone make these for a Mossberg? Specifically the Shockwave???
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#1]
why wont that one work?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why wont that one work?
View Quote
That is for an 870 and a search of their website shows Wilson doesn't make 590 parts. But it might just work anyway. They both are held in place by a magazine cap.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, for the price it may be worth a try - if nothing else maybe I can grind away at it !  I'm surprised there is not one out there for Mossberg.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, for the price it may be worth a try - if nothing else maybe I can grind away at it !  I'm surprised there is not one out there for Mossberg.
View Quote
let me check... I have some 870, and parts laying Around, I might have that very part...

Should fit... I have a magtube extention for an 870 with that same mount built into it, oddly it threaded on the the shockwave perfectly..
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Try gggaz.com

Or this link, https://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-590-sling-attachments.html , it's only $12.85 + Shipping

They make some really good products
ETA- I have absolutely no affiliation with GG&G, EXCEPT AS A CUSTOMER.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]
The Wilson 870 Sling plate will not fit as is, but a few minutes with a half round file and it fits fine on the Shockwave

Link Posted: 2/23/2018 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one on my shockwave by GGG, but it's left side loop, not bottom.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Wilson 870 Sling plate will not fit as is, but a few minutes with a half round file and it fits fine on the Shockwave
View Quote
No offense, but I'll never understand the idea that people will know what's in another person's head.  You filed what?  Where?  Did you file the barrel down?  The magazine tube?  The part?  Where on the part?  You say you filed something but it would be much more helpful if you mention where you filed, and how much.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]
You need to remove about .010 /.015 inch from the top of the sling plate.

Link Posted: 2/24/2018 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You need to remove about .010 /.015 inch from the top of the sling plate.
View Quote
Awesome and helpful!

Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/28/2018 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No offense, but I'll never understand the idea that people will know what's in another person's head.  You filed what?  Where?  Did you file the barrel down?  The magazine tube?  The part?  Where on the part?  You say you filed something but it would be much more helpful if you mention where you filed, and how much.  
View Quote
I found his original instructions very clear... The part in question (what this very thread is about) needed to be filed to fit.. When u use a round file, you are 99% of the time filing a curved surface... So, upon looking at the part, there are only 2 possible curved surfaces.. The hole, and the radius that fits under the barrel.. Since he said you a file, and not drill out, you can assume he didnt perfectly increase the size of the hole by hand filing, which leaves only one option... No offense, but its pretty obvious as to what needed filing
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I found his original instructions very clear... The part in question (what this very thread is about) needed to be filed to fit.. When u use a round file, you are 99% of the time filing a curved surface... So, upon looking at the part, there are only 2 possible curved surfaces.. The hole, and the radius that fits under the barrel.. Since he said you a file, and not drill out, you can assume he didnt perfectly increase the size of the hole by hand filing, which leaves only one option... No offense, but its pretty obvious as to what needed filing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not for everyone
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not for everyone
View Quote
Just spit on it
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I should have made it a little more clear,sorry for the confusion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top