Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2019 10:15:36 AM EDT
I did a form 1 on my Shockwave and after getting the stamp back added a Magpul SGA stock. It already had a XS big dot on the bead. This thing is shooting 10-12 inches high at 7 yards.

I see most people adding red dots to their converted shockwaves. I am wondering if them shooting high is the reason.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#1]
My sbs was the same when I first started shooting it. I noticed it is the way I was holding the forearm up higher than the pistol grip.  Something about the natural angle/ mechanics of the platform. I don't know if I am explaining this clearly but try purposely aiming 10 in. lower.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I can’t get the bead low enough.
The stock is like it came from the factory, I have thought about just getting rid of the SGA and changing to a set of regular stocks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty sure it’s because of how short the barrel is.

I couldn’t get it to shoot poa/poi no matter what I tried. It always shot high as hell.

So, changing stocks likely won’t make a difference.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Changing stocks actually may make a difference, your comb might be too high resulting in you looking over/down on your bead like a trap shotgun (which are designed to shoot high)
I’ve always had to remind myself to point a shotgun correctly, seeing no rib or top of the receiver
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sic_ness:
Changing stocks actually may make a difference, your comb might be too high resulting in you looking over/down on your bead like a trap shotgun (which are designed to shoot high)
I’ve always had to remind myself to point a shotgun correctly, seeing no rib or top of the receiver
http://209.200.109.169/arfcom/bead_alignment.jpg
View Quote
I think I am going to put a Hogue bantam style on it. I had thought about changing the sights to ghost rings to raise them up and see if that would help but Im gonna try to keep this one simple.

Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I figured it out, the shockwave to SBS is possibly the dumbest thing I’ve ever done. If you take a factory 14” 590 barrel and compare it to the shockwave barrel, you will see that there is NO taper to the shockwave barrel. It is a straight pipe.
I’ve called Mossberg and emailed them to no avail about buying a factory 14” barrel so if someone has THE person to talk to, I would appreciate it. If not I’m going to put this one back as a shockwave and be done with it.

No stock I’ve found will allow you to get your head low enough to use the front bead on this barrel, even with one of the XS sights glued on top of the dot.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#9]
If the Shockwave barrel was tapered it would shoot even higher (a smaller barrel up front would make your front sight even lower relative to where it is now).

You'll need a taller front sight on your setup to make the POI lower (and be able to see the front sight out past the receiver). A couple of fixes would be to solder on a 870 Police style base and bead and epoxy an XS bead on top of that (XS makes a bead just for that application) - or install a ghost ring style front sight.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#10]

I ordered a 14" 590 SBS barrel with the front sight installed and the ghost ring rear sight that attaches into the top receiver holes. I don't see the barrel on Mossberg's site now. You might need to call them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I sent my barrel off to Rose Action Sports. They installed a Remington base with bead. Point of impact and point of aim are dead on now. Less then $100. Highly recommend this fix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top