Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I gotta turn the foregrip strap connections around. Both my friend and I shot the Shockwave today and it scratched up our hands a little bit.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I gotta turn the foregrip strap connections around. Both my friend and I shot the Shockwave today and it scratched up our hands a little bit.
View Quote
I took a small propane torch and melted the corners round on mine. If you've never melted nylon straps or 550 cord before, practice it on a piece of strap. It's pretty easy, but it can melt pretty quick. Don't try it in a confined space, since the fumes are toxic.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought my Shockwave a week or so ago.  Here's my list so far:

Magpul forearm grip from GG&G
Taccom grip tape for forearm grip
TractionGrips grip tape for birds eye grip
Magpul 3 slot rail section
Gear Sector light mount and Surefire G2 light (had them laying around from an old AR build)
OPSol mini-clip (still looking for mini shells )

As far as what I would change....the Gear Sector offset mount sits pretty high when mounted to the rail section on the side of the Magpul grip.  I think I might switch to the GG&G light mount.  Otherwise I'm loving this setup.

Link Posted: 12/1/2017 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
First thing I did was remove the strap. Safety right? What will cause your hand to come off the pump? Shooting it. Say your hand comes off the pump when you shoot it, that load is down range before your hand is anywhere dangerous and it won't shoot again until that hand operates the pump again. Even if you managed to trip the trigger as you slam the pump forward, the load is still going to get down range faster than your hand can get in front of it. I'm sure someone, somehow, will shoot their hand because people defy logic all the time and I'm sure that's why Mossberg put a strap on it, but personally I just can't see myself doing it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
First thing I did was remove the strap. Safety right? What will cause your hand to come off the pump? Shooting it. Say your hand comes off the pump when you shoot it, that load is down range before your hand is anywhere dangerous and it won't shoot again until that hand operates the pump again. Even if you managed to trip the trigger as you slam the pump forward, the load is still going to get down range faster than your hand can get in front of it. I'm sure someone, somehow, will shoot their hand because people defy logic all the time and I'm sure that's why Mossberg put a strap on it, but personally I just can't see myself doing it.
View Quote
The very first thing I did, even before shooting it, or cycling the action was re-move that strap from the forearm.. First of all, as you pointed out, if the recoil caused your hand to slip, it done and over with, the shot/slug has left the barrel.. And second of all, unless you are some limp wristed tranny, you should be able to grip firmly enough to control the recoil from a 12 gauge.. Its really not that bad. Even with the traditional pistol grip style shotguns I dont understand all the butthurt about recoil...
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I added rubber Talon grip tape to the raptor grip and replaced the strapped corn cob forend with a Hoque. I had to cut the Hogue forend approx. 5/8" to fit. That's as far as I want to go with this gun.

Link Posted: 12/7/2017 7:12:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Buckshot mini shells in stock for your Shockwave this morning at MidwayUSA! They will sell out fast! Get them while you can.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Buckshot mini shells in stock for your Shockwave this morning at MidwayUSA! They will sell out fast! Get them while you can.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads-up!  Looks like buckshot was sold out, but slugs were available.  Ordered!
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally got the Hogue forend to fit my Shockwave by trimming 1.25" off the front instead of the previously suggested 5/8". Now it feels great!

Tomac

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#10]
All these threads are making my old girl lonely
Attachment Attached File

I keep it simple so it's easier to store

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#11]
For fun I replaced the original barrel with a replacement 14  inch with a GR front sight. The front sight is a bit tall but very easy to see. The barrel is also a bit shorter as it’s exactly 14 inches vs the original which was 14.25 inches. However its OAL is still over 26 inches.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I asked the same question in GD and got a ton of great responses.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Mossberg-Shockwave-accessories/5-2009337/
View Quote
Hmm, the first 5-6 responses were good, after that the thread turned into a pissing match about length, intent and the ATF. Pretty much after the first page was bullshit flying.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#13]
No SB-Tactical brace installs yet?  Well, I’ll post mine installed tomorrow when it arrives.

Questions:

1). Does anyone know how the Surefire Light-fore-end feels?  I’m wondering if it’s hard to get a good grip on it.

2). Tomac:  why do you like the feel of the corncob (and now hogue)over the Magpul?

3). Is there a scabbard that covers the trigger?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm debating between a 12 ga with Minishells or a  20 ga with standard shells - 20 ga is more than enough for the purpose of this thing anyhow. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I went with 12 solely because it’s easier to get HD ammo in 12, with more options that are more readily available.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a heatshield on order from ATI, a flashlight mount and follower from GG & G. I put a regular sling on it and I’m using a case I bought from Kel-Tec to transport it, the case is also used to carry a dedicated .22 upper for my AR.

Everywhere I looked no one has any mini shells, but I do have some 00 buck and sabot slugs.
My cousin and I shot it yesterday, the strap didn’t bother me, but it cuts into my cousin’s hand. I removed it and even with the 00 buck the recoil was manageable.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No SB-Tactical brace installs yet?  Well, I’ll post mine installed tomorrow when it arrives.

Questions:

1). Does anyone know how the Surefire Light-fore-end feels?  I’m wondering if it’s hard to get a good grip on it.

2). Tomac:  why do you like the feel of the corncob (and now hogue)over the Magpul?

Thanks.
View Quote
I believe it has to do w/the shape of my hands, which have normal-size palms but comparatively short fingers. I think my shorter fingers find a more secure grip w/the thinner corncob (YMMV).

Tomac
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 12:59:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Questions:

Thanks.
View Quote
Heres one that the whole firearm will fit into. Someone here stuffed foam into the bottom until they got the depth/fit they wanted.
https://www.amazon.com/CONDOR-SHOT-P-Condor-Shotgun-Scabbard/dp/B005EMHX7W?th=1
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 3:32:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I got my SB-Tactical brace in, but Ergo forgot to drill a hole in the adapter to connect the brace to the shotgun, so SBT is sending me a new one.
I have large palms but stubby fingers (I think of them as “presidential”), so I’m not sure I’d like the thickness of the Surefire.

I’m looking into a way to make the opsol mini shell adapter more secure assuming it’ll run mini-shells 100%, but my main goal is to get a light on it (though a green laser and a small red dot would be nice too).

TOMAC: how do you plan to mount a light now?

NORWESTER:  thanks for the scabbard link.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I got my SB-Tactical brace in, but Ergo forgot to drill a hole in the adapter to connect the brace to the shotgun, so SBT is sending me a new one.
I have large palms but stubby fingers (I think of them as “presidential”), so I’m not sure I’d like the thickness of the Surefire.
I’m looking into a way to make the opsol mini shell adapter more secure assuming it’ll run mini-shells 100%, but my main goal is to get a light on it (though a green laser and a small red dot would be nice too).
TOMAC: how do you plan to mount a light now?
NORWESTER:  thanks for the scabbard link.
View Quote
If you reference the photo I posted earlier, you can see a 20-lumen MFT Torch attached to a GG&G mount, the result is very light & low-profile that's non-snag.
If I want something brighter, I have a Streamlight RM-1 I can use, the tailcap switch is easily accessed w/the thumb of the support hand w/o danger of recoil-induced impact.
HTH...

Tomac
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone know where I could get a +1 that would sit flush (at least not protrude past the barrel) for the Shockwave?  
SJ Hardware doesn't have any.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Removed forend strap, added a sling and a Browncoat Tactical shotgun card. Currently waiting on a Form 1 to be approved so I can add a stock, probably a Hogue reduced length jobbie.

Apparently I suck at hotlinking with imgur now... F you, imgur.

Link Posted: 12/24/2017 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Does anyone know where I could get a +1 that would sit flush (at least not protrude past the barrel) for the Shockwave?  
SJ Hardware doesn't have any.
View Quote
I got the Vang Comp +1 for mine like this guy did from the other thread.

It sticks out quite a bit and sort of gets +1. It turns out that not all 2.75" shells are the same length. The shorter shells can just barely get +1, but that is mostly low brass bird shot, haven't found a buck load yet. It does allow an extra 3" to fit easily. Boils down to getting a +1 on 3" and 2.75" birdshot which wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. FWIW I actually like how it looks with the extension.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I used an o-ring on mine to help keep my hand on the grip, sort of a soft-but-firm hand stop.  I put some big electrical heat shrink over the o-ring and then a second layer of softer shrink over that (the darker color in the pic).  I'll try to get out and shoot it this week and see how it feels.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I used an o-ring on mine to help keep my hand on the grip, sort of a soft-but-firm hand stop.  I put some big electrical heat shrink over the o-ring and then a second layer of softer shrink over that (the darker color in the pic).  I'll try to get out and shoot it this week and see how it feels.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171243/SwaveGripNew-402069.JPG
View Quote
I wrapped bike inner tube around the grip and used inner tube bands to hold it all on. It’s grippy and has a cushion effect.

Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The strap's not there in case you just lose your grip when you fire. It's there in case your hand slips off and forward when you pump in another shell and your other hand outruns your brain and pulls the trigger while your hand is out there. It's happened before.
View Quote
The strap is there so that when someone removes it and manages to defy the odds and shoot their hand Mossberg can testify in court the injury occurred because the safety strap was removed. I have no doubt some stupid fucker is going to send his fingers through the drywall, but it ain't me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I just received my scabbard, and was wondering if y’all just carry it over the shoulder or what?
It’s kind of short to be able to grab it from behind and present it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I just received my scabbard, and was wondering if y’all just carry it over the shoulder or what?
It’s kind of short to be able to grab it from behind and present it.
View Quote
I also bought a scabbard but i dont like it. It doesn’t hang right with the gun in it, feels like it wants to turn upside down. I found the gun carries better on a sling carried Africian style on the left shoulder.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:33:30 AM EDT
[#30]
More heat shield shockwave pics!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
More heat shield shockwave pics!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2018 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#32]
I upgraded the safety and used the hex head screw that was recommended but it sticks up too high. Will the original screw be long enough to reuse?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Can you post a closeup of the shield by the muzzle and bead...
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can you post a closeup of the shield by the muzzle and bead...
View Quote
@DOG556

The best until I get home.
The heat shield came with 2 screws to tighten in front, I had to trim the rear off in order to be able to remount the mag tube cap.

Edit: new photos

Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Here’s the cap before it’s screwed on, you can obviously see where I trimmed the clamp area in order to screw the cap on.

Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow. That's right to the edge.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Not really a Shockwave anymore, but Serbu now sells their folding forearm. It isn't cheap, but it is awesome. Here it is on my NFA Mossberg.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#38]

My first pump shotgun. Added a Velcro shell holder and a Streamlight TLR4 light/laser combo. The laser should make hip firing a piece of cake. Just needs a bayonet and I should be done.. Hopefully I'll get to test it out this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#39]
The wood grips for my second one came in.  I want to Cerakote the receiver and heatshield copper or bronze.

The pair.  The heatshields for both should be here soon.

Link Posted: 2/23/2018 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Very nice
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I havent had any luck getting those shipped up here.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Rolled the dice on a UTG Bulldot Laser. It's pretty darn nice, and the machining looks well done too. I'm really digging the green laser. Not so great in the direct sun, but indoors, in the shade, in dusk/twilight conditions, and in the dark it is plenty visible. It seems to have some really good reviews overall.

For the rail I purchased a NC Star rail (Its either that, UTG, or Monstrum.) It doesn't look bad. The finish also seems anodized vs painted.
As much as I am a fan of UTG's newer products, their older made ones are garbage.

Also picked up the GG&G light mount/MFT Torch/Talon Grips/GG&G Shell Holder.

My shockwave should be here monday.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top