Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2018 6:02:05 PM EDT
Followed me home from the LGS today.... I couldn't resist the wood!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what she said!!

I want one, too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:32:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks great

I made this one long before Mossberg jumped on board. I tried cutting down a wood stock but wasn't happy with the outcome.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:14:39 AM EDT
[#5]
This is on my short list but hoping the price will drop at some point
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#6]
What’s the minimum length before it’s called AOW?
I’ve been thinking of getting one of these, I have a Pachmeyer Vindicator forend and pistol grip. I’d like to use.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I can see myself falling for one for sure. I haven't seen it in person yet though...
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Raquetball tape FTW!  Feels almost like a Pachmeyr grip... and completes the look of something "sawed off" on someone's workbench!
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#10]
AND.... finaly figured out the sling to use!  The original "witness protection" shotguns used a USGI M1 carbine sling.  You would sling it under a jacket and to deploy... you'd reach up under and pull on the end of the sling, popping loose the "lift the dot" snap.

Vietnam era nylon M2 carbine sling ordered from Ebay!  
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the strap 'real' leather or some kinda faux crap?
View Quote
No... its actually real leather!  I gave mine a few coats of "Huberd's shoe grease" and it's nice and supple!
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

How is the strap attached? It almost looks like rivets in your picture.
View Quote
Screws.  Not sure if I'm gonna keep it.  We'll see...
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7785/20181229_172458_jpg-789185.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7785/20181229_172650_jpg-789186.JPG

Raquetball tape FTW!  Feels almost like a Pachmeyr grip... and completes the look of something "sawed off" on someone's workbench!
View Quote
That is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Awesome boomstick OP.

The wood is gorgeous.

Gonna have to get me one of these.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I have absolutely no use for one of these, but I still want one.  If I'm ever in a movie this would be cool to stick out the car window at about 2 feet.  How hard are they to hit with, realistically?  Anybody squirrel hunt with one?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:02:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have absolutely no use for one of these, but I still want one.  If I'm ever in a movie this would be cool to stick out the car window at about 2 feet.  How hard are they to hit with, realistically?  Anybody squirrel hunt with one?
View Quote
If you're looking down the sights, it shoots way to high. I found a fiber optic that just snaps on to the barrel. It's a little taller and if I aim so I can just barely see it over the receiver it shoots ok. Can you hunt squirrels with it? It's just a cylinder bore shotgun, so that limits your distance quite a bit.
As far as hunting, check your regulations. In my state some things some things like turkeys and birds you are only allowed to use a "shotgun", then the law defines a shotgun as having a barrel 18" or more and shoulder fired. If I were to shoot a turkey with it it'd be considered "not a legal method of take". The thing is my state classifies this as a pistol, the state police halted sales of these while they came to that determination. The state police also enforces the game laws. So if I'm hunting a deer or cougar or something (handguns are legal for hunting big game here) if I get questioned I'm confident I can say "call the state police and ask them, this is a pistol".
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:41:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Squirrel, grouse, bear, deer, etc
Attachment Attached File

Not hard at all to get hits

Works good out of a car too

Here is a 25 yard pattern
Attachment Attached File

10 yards, if I slow down I gets smaller groups at 25.
Shockwave and SOE micro rig
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you're looking down the sights, it shoots way to high. I found a fiber optic that just snaps on to the barrel. It's a little taller and if I aim so I can just barely see it over the receiver it shoots ok. Can you hunt squirrels with it? It's just a cylinder bore shotgun, so that limits your distance quite a bit.
As far as hunting, check your regulations. In my state some things some things like turkeys and birds you are only allowed to use a "shotgun", then the law defines a shotgun as having a barrel 18" or more and shoulder fired. If I were to shoot a turkey with it it'd be considered "not a legal method of take". The thing is my state classifies this as a pistol, the state police halted sales of these while they came to that determination. The state police also enforces the game laws. So if I'm hunting a deer or cougar or something (handguns are legal for hunting big game here) if I get questioned I'm confident I can say "call the state police and ask them, this is a pistol".
View Quote
Linky? Thx!
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:19:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
AND.... finaly figured out the sling to use!  The original "witness protection" shotguns used a USGI M1 carbine sling.  You would sling it under a jacket and to deploy... you'd reach up under and pull on the end of the sling, popping loose the "lift the dot" snap.

View Quote
Do you mind showing pics of how you set it up and carry it when you get it? I am having a hard time picturing it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Do you mind showing pics of how you set it up and carry it when you get it? I am having a hard time picturing it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a pic of it being worn... but here's one of it on the weapon ...
Attachment Attached File

Here's a quote on how to deploy...
The key to this system was the design of the sling. The designers utilized an M1 Carbine sling with a quick-release snap that was mounted to the hand stop. The shotgun could be slung under a jacket in an upside-down configuration. To present the shotgun, the user would grasp the forend with his or her support hand, reach across their body and unsnap the sling. This freed the shotgun, and the support hand pulled the gun from under the jacket for a reasonably efficient presentation.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found a fiber optic that just snaps on to the barrel. It's a little taller and if I aim so I can just barely see it over the receiver it shoots ok.

These two please. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Linky? Thx!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Linky? Thx!
On eBay search for "Snap-on Green Fiber Optic Universal Front Sight For Shotgun Barrel 12 / 20 Ga" seller apsys28.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

On eBay search for "Snap-on Green Fiber Optic Universal Front Sight For Shotgun Barrel 12 / 20 Ga" seller apsys28.
View Quote
Thanks AASG, one is on it's way to me. Figured it was cheap enough to give it a try. If it doesn't work out I'm not out much.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

Installed the sling... "US Marshals style".  With a little practice, this works pretty well.  Granted, someone could create a more modern version with a fastex kind of buckle... but this setup has a vintage feel to it.
Also removed the factory front strap, as it interfered with the draw...
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm looking for a flower box like a dozen long stem roses would come in.
Dale's flower delivery man routine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone make a Semi-Auto version of these "nightstick/shockwave" type shotguns?

I've seen some pics online but haven't found anything naming a manufacturer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone make a Semi-Auto version of these "nightstick/shockwave" type shotguns?

I've seen some pics online but haven't found anything naming a manufacturer.
https://www.remington.com/other-products/v3-tac-13
Now that's what I'm talking about...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:03:53 AM EDT
[#33]
I'd own one of these if I didn't live in a shithole commie state.. 18" minimum barrel length here

Black Aces Walnut Version
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#34]
They are legal here. It isn't a shotgun, also LGS sell them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:34:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Damn I really like the Rem TAC-13 V3 but not $900+ MSRP like and not $700+ retail like.

Damn
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'd own one of these if I didn't live in a shithole commie state.. 18" minimum barrel length here

View Quote
U-Haul time, bubba.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
U-Haul time, bubba.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

U-Haul time, bubba.
I meant to quote him, but yeah it's legal in IL.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#39]
The wood looks really nice.  Not sure about the leather strap though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top