Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2018 3:59:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
For once I'm glad I bought the gun when it first came out instead of waiting.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
They need to make a semi auto braced version with a drum.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I still want the Tac-14 DM and a Black Aces mag fed Shockwave over the 590M.  The Mossberg magazines are Pricey.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Needs chainsaw grip
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I will pass. Mags are way too expensive.  $100 for a 5 rounder.  $120 for a ten. I can keep the 5 rd tube magazine topped off for free.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
No thank you on that version.

I would be a buyer on a semiauto Shockwave but it too would have to be tube fed. That shotgun mag system just does nothing for me.

Me aside, I think they will sell a lot of them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 3:14:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 3:15:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I will pass. Mags are way too expensive.  $100 for a 5 rounder.  $120 for a ten. I can keep the 5 rd tube magazine topped off for free.
View Quote
Should have used Saiga mags.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't get it either.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Just another mall ninja gimick gun.
Give me a real practical gun.
Not some gun that looks like it belongs in some fantasy zombie movie.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I just can't get into the pump mag-fed shotgun thing.  Maybe if I try one I might get it...  But it has virtually no appeal to me.

Semi Auto... hell yeah.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#13]
To me, that negates some of the best qualities of the gun.  Take a nice sleek, compact firearm and make it boxy/bulky.

No thanks.

Doc
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I am a unabashed shotgun lover.

That is ugly as can be. No thanks. Outside of some extremely unique circumstances box mags on pump guns make zero sense to me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, the fightlite raider pistol is semiauto and it has a similar designed grip, yes?

I would imagine it's somewhat possible, practicle is the question, but then again, some say the shockwave/Tac-14 isn't either.

Also, I'll pass, and wait for either a tac-14 that's mag fed, or buy the Blackaces shotgun. Mossbergs magazines are expensive and bulky af.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well, the fightlite raider pistol is semiauto and it has a similar designed grip, yes?

I would imagine it's somewhat possible, practicle is the question, but then again, some say the shockwave/Tac-14 isn't either.

Also, I'll pass, and wait for either a tac-14 that's mag fed, or buy the Blackaces shotgun. Mossbergs magazines are expensive and bulky af.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of them are very practical. Why is the magazine a necessity?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#17]
While I dont care for the looks of the box mag fed pumps.  They do serve a purpose for say law enforcement because it offers quicker loading and unloading.  You can carry mag of buckshot, mag of slugs and mag of  non lethal.  All of which is faster than single shell loading/unloading mag tube.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
While I dont care for the looks of the box mag fed pumps.  They do serve a purpose for say law enforcement because it offers quicker loading and unloading.  You can carry mag of buckshot, mag of slugs and mag of  non lethal.  All of which is faster than single shell loading/unloading mag tube.
View Quote
All current training is Less-lethal comes from a dedicated Less-lethal gun distinguished by orange stocks or orange tape on the stocks. They rarely advocate carrying LL ammo to put in a regular shotgun. It's all policy pushed by the chief's and sheriff's associations and it makes sense. That said, I'm not a fan of the mag fed pump, but, if you like it for you I believe it would be good for switching between buck and slug ammo for different applications.
I just think for practical reasons, Remington and Mossberg should have used Saiga mags. Just like if I was coming out with the all new, innovative bodybagger-18 5.56 rifle, it would damn sure use standard AR pattern mags. Why? Because a standard, widely accepted mag is already plentiful and has the design bugs worked out and it keeps cost lower. Secondly, anyone with a gun already taking the standard mag is more likely to buy my new product because they already have mags for it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I think the magazine is lost on the shockwave.

Great idea on shoulder fired guns.

The mags are expensive because they are really rugged and brand new.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Yuck.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 12:40:32 AM EDT
[#21]
I dig it. I will buy one JFSAG!
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
The magazine fed Tac-14 is already out and the Tac's box magazine of the same capacity is much, much slimmer (not that brick like mag of the 590M).  I have a Fightlite Raider AR Pistol and the birdshead grip is identical to the shockwave.  They both are made by the same manufacturer and as far as I can tell have the same dimensions.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The magazine fed Tac-14 is already out and the Tac's box magazine of the same capacity is much, much slimmer (not that brick like mag of the 590M).  I have a Fightlite Raider AR Pistol and the birdshead grip is identical to the shockwave.  They both are made by the same manufacturer and as far as I can tell have the same dimensions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mossbergs mags are not the same capacity of Remingtons chincy single stack mags.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Mossbergs mags are not the same capacity of Remingtons chincy single stack mags.
View Quote
My mistake.  Just noticed the Tac-14 has a 5 round magazine and the shockwave 590M has a 10 round mag.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Buy six magazines and you paid for the weapon............???

Mossberg, I thought you knew your customer base better.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I doubt many people are going to buy six mags. I bet the vast majority don’t buy any extras followed by those who eventually pick up a spare.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I doubt many people are going to buy six mags. I bet the vast majority don’t buy any extras followed by those who eventually pick up a spare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Aiming for the crowd that thinks including a second magazine with a pistol just adds unnecessary expense.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny you should say that. The guy who designed that double-stack magazine for mossberg used to produce his own saiga 12 drums.

Mike Davidson, MD Arms
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 7:43:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My mistake.  Just noticed the Tac-14 has a 5 round magazine and the shockwave 590M has a 10 round mag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I like it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For once I'm glad I bought the gun when it first came out instead of waiting.
View Quote
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Benelli needs to get on the removeable box magazine wagon and make them duty ready. A box fed pump gun doesn't really add much. Especially if you can't afford to run enough magazines to exploit the time saved on reloading. IMHO

That's not happening till the M4 is phased out.....so not ever for all intents and purposes.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Benelli needs to get on the removeable box magazine wagon and make them duty ready. A box fed pump gun doesn't really add much. Especially if you can't afford to run enough magazines to exploit the time saved on reloading. IMHO

That's not happening till the M4 is phased out.....so not ever for all intents and purposes.
View Quote
I'd like to see Kel-tec do a semi auto version of the KSG.    It has a lot of good features and is essentially the same length as a Shockwave.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'd like to see Kel-tec do a semi auto version of the KSG.    It has a lot of good features and is essentially the same length as a Shockwave.
View Quote
I can't even fathom how that would work... still would want one...
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
me either, but an ambidextrous semi auto 7+7+1 bullpup shotgun where I can select feed tube and single feed as needed would be fun.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top